English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 28 August 2012, 04:53   #141
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoia View Post
Another problem; CG fonts do not render with BB4 as installed (on this system). For example, fonts within IBrowse 2.4 and vector fonts within the MUI font selector are invisible. Reverting to the OS3.9 version of diskfont.library solves that one.
Try this 68020+ version of the diskfont.library (15596 bytes):

http://www.heywheel.com/matthey/Amiga/diskfont.lha

It fixes a bug with CG/scalable fonts but needs some testing. Let me know if it fixes your problems as well as any other problems you find. Thanks.
Old 28 August 2012, 05:24   #142
hypnoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Try this 68020+ version of the diskfont.library (15596 bytes):
That did the trick, thanks!

Old 29 August 2012, 00:17   #143
hypnoia

I get a "Function not implemented" error in MakeLink when attempting to softlink across filesystems via:

C:MakeLink RAM:disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info soft

Now wouldn't that work as intended as a simple copy?

Old 29 August 2012, 02:42   #144
PeterK

Yes, of course, you can also use a simple copy like this:

Code:
 Copy >NIL: ENVARC:Sys/Def_RAM.info RAM:Disk.info
Old 29 August 2012, 09:57   #145
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
I get a "Function not implemented" error in MakeLink when attempting to softlink across filesystems via:

C:MakeLink RAM:disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info soft

Now wouldn't that work as intended as a simple copy?
What exec.library are you using? With exec 40.10 it doesn't work but with exec 45.20 it does.
But you can always use the copy method PeterK mentioned.
Old 29 August 2012, 11:17   #146
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Yes, of course, you can also use a simple copy like this:

Code:
 Copy >NIL: ENVARC:Sys/Def_RAM.info RAM:Disk.info
No, this does not work. The point of MakeLink is to allow changes to your Ram Disk.info to also be saved to the def_RAM.info. If you simply copy def_RAM.info to RAM: all changes to it will be lost after a reboot. If you can't get MakeLink to work there are a couple of utils on Aminet that should do the job:

http://aminet.net/search?query=snapshot+ram

At least as far as snapshot is concerned. MakeLink also allows you to permanently change the Ram Disk icon image via RAWBinfo, for instance. I am not sure if these utils will enable that, as I have been using MakeLink with no problems for many years now and have not had need of them.

Last edited by James; 29 August 2012 at 12:36.
Old 29 August 2012, 12:31   #147
PeterK

Yes, I understand your point of view, James.

But for me, the point is that I like to use my Ram:disk.info for critical experiments when I play with my icon.library and want to try out several methods of saving different types of icons to a disk. If somethings goes wrong my Ram: icon will recover after a reboot. And I really don't need a new one every day.
Old 29 August 2012, 12:46   #148
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Yes, I understand your point of view, James.

But for me, the point is that I like to use my Ram:disk.info for critical experiments when I play with my icon.library and want to try out several methods of saving different types of icons to a disk. If somethings goes wrong my Ram: icon will recover after a reboot. And I really don't need a new one every day.
Yes, people don't have to use MakeLink. Just wanted to make it clear that a copy command was not a direct replacement for it.
Old 29 August 2012, 16:50   #149
hypnoia

I retract the MakeLink bug; I believe I was seeing the 'function not implemented' error in testing, but I can confirm that it is currently working with my BB4 system. Exec.library is 45.20.

Old 29 August 2012, 18:20   #150
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Did you eat some silly mushrooms that made you see things?
Old 29 August 2012, 20:19   #151
hypnoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Did you eat some silly mushrooms that made you see things?
No, it's not Thursday yet. The error was real, but I can't reproduce it at the moment.

I went from OS 3.9 to BB1, 2, 3, then 4, and I was seeing the error. But it may have been when I disabled some of the SetPatch directives while troubleshooting, in trying to fix that big DISABLEROMMODULES error.

Carry on.

Old 09 September 2012, 20:08   #152
JohnFante

Quote:
Installing the v0.9m BB4 on top of a working 3.9+BB3 on my A3000D results in exec errors. Beginning with "Cannot open your tool THE" and, after opening the Picasso96 screen, continues with "Cannot open 'workbench.library', version 45 ; Unable to run 'AmiDock'".

Failing to load workbench.library is apparent as all my tooltypes are reset, icons revert to flat 4-color defaults (no glow-icons) and in some cases disappear altogether, and default tools for datatypes (MultiView for JPG, BMP, etc) are gone.

This happened twice; in both cases I've recovered by reinstalling BB1 through BB3 and backing out the BB4 SetPatch changes. All startup-sequence and user-startup changes are correctly applied.

I'm sure I'm simply missing a tool or upgrade that is assumed to be present. What could it be?

Thanks very much for the assistance.

EDIT: Okay, I've discovered the culprit. I removed the DISABLEROMMODULES "" flag from the BB4 SetPatch line, and everything loads correctly. With the flag included, all hell breaks loose, at least on this system. C:SetPatch version is 44.38.
Just wanted to share that I have the same problem on a A4000D with CSPPC, CVPPC, Adriana and Toccata.

And also with me DISABLEROMMODOLUES "" did the trick.

Thanks for all your effort.
Old 09 September 2012, 23:58   #153
PeterK

The SetPatch option DISABLEROMMODULES "" should only be used when the icon.library and the workbench.library have been loaded resident either by LoadModule or LoadResident or with a custom ROM. If nothing like this has been done before then you will get the versions from ROM, because the newer libraries from LIBS: won't be loaded by SetPatch. That's what this switch should do.
Old 10 September 2012, 07:14   #154
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, fixed for BB4 0.9n which has now been released; also included are updated versions of diskfont.library and icon.library.
Old 10 November 2012, 23:39   #155
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Unhappy AmiKit

I noticed that turrican3 mentioned problems with AmiKit a while back and while I don't have the problem he described I am having a crash. Attached is a screenshot of the crash dialogue (or variations on it that I get). The task is described as CON. Certain things work after clicking Suspend such as games with WHDLoad but most other things just fail now e.g. extracting archives.

Any help on what's gone wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.png
Views:	211
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	33130  
Old 11 November 2012, 00:15   #156
PeterK

Install at least SegTracker in order to get more details about what's going wrong. Or even better, install SegTracker, VBRcontrol and WinUAEenforcer somewhere below SetPatch. All files are in the attached Enforcer.rar:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=832698&postcount=3
Old 11 November 2012, 04:22   #157
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
Quote:
>the installer doesn't ask, where the 'Internet' folder is located at

Actually the OS3.9 installer and BB1 also assume SYS:Internet so they would also need to be fixed.
I fail to see the logic of this, its like u are saying I don`t want to change it cos someone has to change the other older boingbags. Come on if you going do it, do it to the best the system allows.

Its bad practise to make assumptions, especially when you can ask

right now I`ve said all that thanks for doing the updates. May the Boings go from strength to strength
Old 11 November 2012, 07:54   #158
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

But don't you see that there is no way they could possibly have it anywhere else but SYS:Internet for that reason. There is no support in the official scripts for having it anywhere else. I suppose I could rewrite the official scripts (OS3.9, BB1, etc.) to add support for this, but that is no guarantee that everyone would use them. One of the goals of BB3+4 is to work with the official OS3.9+BB1+2.
Old 13 November 2012, 19:19   #159
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
I do see your point
Old 20 November 2012, 17:39   #160
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

@MagikGimp:

That would be KingCON then. Have you reported this bug to cosmos? In the meantime you may want to remove L:KingCON-Handler from the LoadResident call, and remove console from the SKIPROMUPDATES part of the SetPatch call.

Boing Bag #4 0.9o has been released, you can get it as usual from http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/BoingBag4.lha . Updates to various resources, diskfont.library, icon.library, THE, fixes to installer script, etc. Thanks to all involved.