English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 August 2004, 00:07   #1
Fin

Highscores Website

For everyone whos interested in competing to be number one scorer at all your favourite games there's a site starting up called www.highscores.co.uk.
Its a forum based site where you can post your score and brag or share tips at the same time, and at the moment theres a Commodore - Amiga forum, but if enough people use the site they would be seperated.
There are also forums for just about every other format and if you want to add scores for a format thats not there just post in the chat area asking for it.

I'm trying to help a mate start it up as I've always wanted a site like this. If your interested please come along and give your support, and maybe we can get into some scoring battles together

Cheers
Fin
Old 08 August 2004, 00:33   #2
Jim

I'm all for daring colour designs but this does not work. The green is horrible and hurts my eyes. I had a quick 5 second look to see the content but had to hit the back button as it hurts. Please tell your friend to reconsider the colours as this does seem like a good idea for a site.

Old 08 August 2004, 04:02   #3
Fin

Thumbs up cheers Jim

thanks for the input Jim, I'll pass the advice on, although I kinda liked the colour scheme myself, even without sunglasses; it has some sort of retro feel to it
Old 08 August 2004, 10:56   #4
fiath

Nice logo

Shouldn't the "MAME" section be "Arcade"?

I guess you may have heard about Twin Galaxies, but it is nice to see this as a more discussion-based entity. I guess your site will avoid the need to make a recording of your game to prove it too? A more casual approach than Twin Galaxies... (but then they are the "world record" keepers
Old 08 August 2004, 23:52   #5
Fin

The logo was my gift to the site, I'm glad you like it

Tbh I'd never heard of Twin Galaxies, and I don't know if my friend running this highscores.co.uk knows of it either. I'm looking now and it seems pretty darn good. Just glancing, I think what Highscores.co.uk offers over Twin Galaxies is exactly what you say; more chance to chat as you post your scores.

At the moment the rules are that you must post a score to chat in the same thread...and there is 1 forum designated just for chatting without having to post a score. To prove the score you have to provide just a screenshot. Of course there is room there for cheating but we'll see how that goes. I think that with this easier chatting it could become a more "cosy" environment with regular's getting into fun competitions with each other.

All these rules could change depending on early feedback, so come give it your support and help us tune it to work well.

Fin