English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 June 2018, 08:57   #1
Archminion

WTB: CU Commodore User Feb 1989 Demo Disk

Hi,

I'm new to the boards and a long time Amiga fan and game collector.

I've just recently posted a WTB request for the Amiga classic Sidewinder, but would also like to locate this seemingly rare demo disk as it has a different version of the game on it.

Like the full game, I'd be willing to pay a decent enough sum that a collector might be willing to part with one (I would only want an original disk though).

Please get in touch if you have either the CU Amiga Feb 1989 demo or a complete copy of Sidewinder it's self that you might be willing to sell..

Cheers

Glenn
Old 23 June 2018, 17:41   #2
scuzz

That was quite an interesting couple of hours. I found the CU disk with Sidewinder and Silkworm but didn't work on the A1200. Fired up the 500 and still didn't work. So I dug out three copies of the game plus the original and none fo them worked.... Odd.

I moved to the A1000 and booted the actual game and it worked, as did the other copies. One was a complete copy of the game the others cracked versions.

Sadly the CU disk wouldn't work though it did boot a good deal further than on the 500.
I tried to ADF Blitz the disks but didn't work.

I quite enjoyed playing Silkworm which I played as helicopter and was having a hoot destroying everything that came in my way. Kinda a standard scrolling game really but fun all the same.

Next I went on the hunt for Sidewinder. I have the original, but I have no idea where. I found a copy of the game labelled 20 Sidewinder. I again used the 1000 and was very quickly playing the Banshee style game by Arcadia from California. You hit the Return and you go to a blue screen with options Beginner, Novice, Pilot, Ace and Master. Runs on Joystick. The game is the full version I guess and has no boot block cracking details. Infact the game is labelled 20 Sidewinder and I was able to copy the game from the Workbench screen... and it works.

Not sure that that is of any use to be honest as you appear to want the CU Demo. I may find another copy so I'll keep you in mind.

scuzz
http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/car_001.htm
Old 27 June 2018, 18:28   #3
Archminion

CU Amiga Demo

Hi Scuzz,

I've pm'd you- I'd even be happy to buy a non working disk

Cheers
Old 08 August 2018, 15:43   #4
Archminion

Still looking for this demo disk- would pay £20 + postage

cheers

Last edited by Archminion; 17 September 2018 at 21:09. Reason: Turns out I do still need this item after all.