English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 July 2011, 13:11   #1
manicx

Help running Super Stardust CD32 in Winuae

Hello everyone

I am trying to run Super Stardust CD32 in Winuae. I used the images from both eab ftp and Dream17. In the first case I mount the img file and in the second, the iso inside the zip archive (without the sound files.)

In both cases, the result is that as soon as I am in WB and run Loader once the image is mounted I get a black screen and nothing happens.

I attach my winuae configuration file in case that someone can help. The hdf file with the OS, runs OS3.5 in Picasso mode (but I tried switching to PAL High Res). I use Winuae 2.3.2.

Any help is appreciated...
Attached Files
File Type: uae A1200_Final.uae (12.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 06 July 2011, 13:20   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx View Post
Hello everyone

I am trying to run Super Stardust CD32 in Winuae. I used the images from both eab ftp and Dream17. In the first case I mount the img file and in the second, the iso inside the zip archive (without the sound files.)

In both cases, the result is that as soon as I am in WB and run Loader once the image is mounted I get a black screen and nothing happens.

I attach my winuae configuration file in case that someone can help. The hdf file with the OS, runs OS3.5 in Picasso mode (but I tried switching to PAL High Res). I use Winuae 2.3.2.

Any help is appreciated...
Your config is for an A1200 config.
Try quick start CD32 amd see what happens.
Old 06 July 2011, 14:29   #3
Phantom
Adventurer

You'll need the CD32 rom files as well.
Old 06 July 2011, 14:29   #4
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Your config is for an A1200 config.
Try quick start CD32 amd see what happens.
I just did. Had to change the ROM file to redirect it to the proper CD32 one. Then I tried 2 things:

-Using the CD without booting in WB. I had to go to Hard Drives and include CD/DVD drivers and add the image for loading. No luck, I get "No Disk Present in Device WinCD_E".

-I tried using my hardfile to boot with the CD32 config in OS3.5 without using Picasso Mode and the behavior is the same ie black screen after executing Loader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
You'll need the CD32 rom files as well.
I use Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.60 labeled as CD32 Rom

and the similarly labeled as Extended for extended.

Progress:

a) Changed chipset from Generic to CD32 (quickstart CD32 sets it to Generic)
b) Added Fast RAM

Game starts from eab ftp image but I have no CD sound. Can this be played through the img or it needs to be burned to CD?

Last edited by TCD; 06 July 2011 at 15:28.
Old 06 July 2011, 15:02   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Why are you attempting random and weird configurations that have nothing to do with CD32?

Select CD32 from Quickstart panel. Get correct ROMs (do not rename anything) if it complains. You need CD32 ROMs, KS3.1 won't work.

Select .cue file (.iso or .img = no CD audio) to CD path in Quickstart panel. Harddrives panel MUST BE EMPTY.

Some CD32 games do work when booted from harddrive (using A1200-like configuration) but it is game specific and CD audio never works. (And neither "problem" has nothing to do with emulation)
Old 06 July 2011, 15:47   #6
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Why are you attempting random and weird configurations that have nothing to do with CD32?

Select CD32 from Quickstart panel. Get correct ROMs (do not rename anything) if it complains. You need CD32 ROMs, KS3.1 won't work.

Select .cue file (.iso or .img = no CD audio) to CD path in Quickstart panel. Harddrives panel MUST BE EMPTY.

Some CD32 games do work when booted from harddrive (using A1200-like configuration) but it is game specific and CD audio never works. (And neither "problem" has nothing to do with emulation)
I got everything up and running. I burned image to CD for proper CD audio and everything works like a charm.