English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 July 2012, 23:12   #1
rampartsagain

Question micronik accelerator error red screen on boot up

Hi i am having issues under an acelerator micronik on boot up of system i have been trying and the issues began ,when soldered a switch, i and i was not so confident about it ,and realise that the slider on the switch, used switch shielding ,for on/off purposes so, i remove again the switch ,and the same problem resist also find that a row on the peel was black, making me to guess that is not making good conection ,although i test with continuity test and all the pins pass the test,could the peel have burned?

accelerator micronik rca 120
Old 06 July 2012, 00:05   #2
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi post some close up pics of your board so we can look at it

Last edited by johnim; 06 July 2012 at 00:37.
Old 06 July 2012, 00:13   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Red screen normally means Rom Error, please check Roms are well seated in the sockets or try another set of Roms if you have them available.

I know however from a recent faulty Cyberstorm MkIII that a faulty accelerator or some other error can also produce a Red Screen
Old 06 July 2012, 00:29   #4
rampartsagain

hi fitz the roms are ok i mean the kickroms since i experimented my mtec and the computer boot in a snap i am a little disapointed since one of the gal socket have a black pin row i am wondering if when i solder the switch it melted the gal.
only when my new programmer that supports pld arrives i will read it and see if has anything inside

the board is this and is mint as i inspected if and clean with ispa

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showha...gi?HARDID=1038

thanks for your help friend i am also trying to find mfilos but for another issue.

hi johnim

Last edited by rampartsagain; 06 July 2012 at 00:40. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use the Edit button.
Old 06 July 2012, 13:44   #5
roy bates

i have one of these.

does yours have an fpu on board? try removing it and the oscilator and test from there.

check the connector for cracks etc.

its probably better if you take pictures of the card you have.
Old 06 July 2012, 14:24   #6
rampartsagain

ok i will post later mine have no fpu and oscilator just the ram i will have to wait for the gal socket near the oscilator socket ,the oscilator socket was replaced now waiting for gal socket hope will work

thanks for your help roy
Old 06 July 2012, 19:13   #7
roy bates

also check theres no short around the edge connector its common to cut traces with the sheilding on(i dont know weither you still have it or not)still a previus owner of the card may or maynot of cut the traces accidently(i had to repair mne i bought it faulty with a cracked edge connector and three cut traces on the card easy fixed)

also i found if the jumpers are incorrectly set it will give a red screen(found this out while setting the card for an 8mb double sided simm it was shipped with a 4 mb single sided one)
Old 07 July 2012, 07:36   #8
rampartsagain

hi roy the memory config are correct the double sided simms config as long as the other config like fpu and onboard clock config i will check those traces

i have been having issues with the jp2 switch i have replaced him but curiously the one i used have slide mechanism conect to shielding and card uses shielding and i think that is were the card went nuts i hope i havent burned inside the gal since i donĀ“t know where to download the roms image

thanks for the help
Old 07 July 2012, 08:27   #9
roy bates

i dont exactly know what you mean there,on mine the switch is just a normal switch(sliding rocker) that you could replace with a standard toggle and its not connected to the sheild,if you mean the two outside solder points then thats all they are just solder points.

which gal are you talking about? theres six on this card ive had a quick look and the switch seems to be connected to the one marked D511D19(located in the top middle) i'll have another look later tonight.
Old 07 July 2012, 13:21   #10
rampartsagain

the gal is the one near the xtal oscilator was in bad shape ,yes the switch that slides like on of there are 2 types and the shielding is soldered to ground trace on pcb