English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 07 November 2018, 09:02   #1
xboxown

A name of a game for Amiga 500 that I promise you will never find....

Hey guys,

I can assure you I am the most challenging person right now here between all of you in requesting a name of a game that I promise 99.99% will find impossible to remember. But I am posting here in hoping that 00.01% may come out and remember the name of the game.

When I had my first Amiga 500 at highschool it was kickstart 1.3 Amiga 500 OCS with 512 KB Chip RAM and floppy exclusive. There are two games I played on it before it left my home when I was in highschool (don't worry..I got it back again) and one of them I know the name:

Demon's Winter

The second..however..it is impossible for me to remember. I will say the description here in hopes someone out there can help me remember the name of the game.

The game runs in kickstart 1.3..it does not open it's own screen nor turn the screen black or green..it uses the default workbench 1.3 blue screen prefs and the cursor is the default orange from workbench 1.3. It is similar to boulderdash...but it is not boulderdash. The rocks are orange color like the default color of workbench 1.3 cursor and the gems or whatever I collect are black of the same type as the workbench 1.3 black color in prefs. The possible is collecting the gem and dealing with falling rocks and managing to avoid the rock and dealing with the maze of the rock (not getting stock between them) through the falling rocks. It feels like the game is made by AmiBasic...I don't know how to explain it..it have no sound or music....

....something about it.....I cannot forget the game but I cannot remember the name...but I keep mentioning these descriptions over and over because I remember it..tatoed in my head but I don't at the same time. Hard to explain it. If anyone can find the name of the game will be greatly appreciate it.
Old 07 November 2018, 09:13   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
which year did you played it ?
Old 07 November 2018, 09:30   #3
ransom1122

Werner Flaschbier
Old 07 November 2018, 10:40   #4
Cubemon
Recovering Amiga user

There was a PD game called Stoneage (or Stone Age, I'm not 100% if it was that at all), that was a reaaaally cheap Boulder Dash clone. I got it back when ordering PD disks via mail order was a thing. The description sounds somewhat similar, but I can't for the life of me find a screenshot, let alone the game itself anywhere.

It wasn't really a masterpiece, so I'm not surprised it hasn't survived. :

Jr. Boulderdash (screenshots at Mobygames) sort of reminds me of the game I had, but I remember it having half the horizontal resolution, as in the sprites were twice as tall as they were wide. Sort of like fonts in PAL: Hi-res -mode. The main character was the same kind of stupid face.
Old 07 November 2018, 11:22   #5
DamienD
Banned

Could be anything; there are sooooo many Bolderdash clones...

Here's a quick list from HOL but you've probably checked these already.
Old 07 November 2018, 11:41   #6
ransom1122

Boulderdash clone with orange rocks. Werner Flaschbier is the only one. Unless it's some unheard of game?
Old 07 November 2018, 11:45   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Flaschbier opens an own screen though, i.e. it doesn't run on the Workbench screen.
Old 07 November 2018, 11:54   #8
ransom1122

Forgotten Mine?
Old 07 November 2018, 12:00   #9
Asman

Rocky from Aminet ? Rocky
Old 08 November 2018, 04:09   #10
xboxown

Not one of them. Nope. It was like in 1994 when I saw the game. I don't think it will be ever found...not even after my death. The only way I can get the name of the game is I go through the machine and they extract the data from my brain hooked into a computer which could result in my death.
Old 08 November 2018, 04:11   #11
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubemon View Post
There was a PD game called Stoneage (or Stone Age, I'm not 100% if it was that at all), that was a reaaaally cheap Boulder Dash clone. I got it back when ordering PD disks via mail order was a thing. The description sounds somewhat similar, but I can't for the life of me find a screenshot, let alone the game itself anywhere.

It wasn't really a masterpiece, so I'm not surprised it hasn't survived. :

Jr. Boulderdash (screenshots at Mobygames) sort of reminds me of the game I had, but I remember it having half the horizontal resolution, as in the sprites were twice as tall as they were wide. Sort of like fonts in PAL: Hi-res -mode. The main character was the same kind of stupid face.
https://www.uvlist.net/game-203408-Stone+Age

I have to admit...it is not the game...but it is so Commodorey...so GARBAGE...AND ARCHAIC AND BARABARIC....THE GRAPHICS INSULT THE AMIGA QUALITY HARDWARE...SOOO OOOLD

I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08 November 2018, 04:55   #12
ransom1122

Through The Yam Caves?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 November 2018, 09:04   #13
xboxown

ransom1222 no. The game runs in like workbench DOS shell of workbench 1.3 ...blue screen of workbench 1.3 prefs...you know how the game when loading in disk you see

AmigaDOS window of workbench 1.3 with blue screen...it may actually open another windows perhaps...but it does not open it's own screen nor use the blitz and blatz like Yam caves does and it....was simply fantastic!!

Even the controllers where jacckkery and jumpy...so sweet! Closest I can get is that Jr boulderdash clone...