English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 June 2006, 11:29   #1
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
Turrican 1 help

Hi all,

I need help about turrican I. I am stuck in one of the last levels. It's the one where there are some spiders ans it's impossible for me to find the way out.

Can you give me some help??

Where can I find a walkthrough or a map of turrican 1??

Many thanks for your help.
whitebird is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 11:58   #2
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

quahappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 1,661
Thought I had found what you are looking for here from LSD Docs, but it's just literally what the controls are and how to play the game.....

I completed Turrican 1 a long, long time ago and my memory of where you are stuck is very vague. Been racking me brains out and now I need surgery to get them back in....

Sorry I can't be of further help

Last edited by quahappy; 04 June 2006 at 12:03.
quahappy is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 12:10   #3
demoniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -
Posts: 1,320
You pretty much need to go up and to the right, IIRC. You can get stuck in some of the pitfalls.
demoniac is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 12:55   #4
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 38
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebird
Hi all,

I need help about turrican I. I am stuck in one of the last levels. It's the one where there are some spiders ans it's impossible for me to find the way out.

Can you give me some help??

Where can I find a walkthrough or a map of turrican 1??

Many thanks for your help.
can you specify which level you are stuck in ?
concerning your description is can either be 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3.
sareks is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 13:19   #5
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebird
Hi all,

I need help about turrican I. I am stuck in one of the last levels. It's the one where there are some spiders ans it's impossible for me to find the way out.

Can you give me some help??

Where can I find a walkthrough or a map of turrican 1??

Many thanks for your help.
Yeah i know where your stuck. Its the 2nd last world and all the platforms are going up like ramps/diagonal yeah?. That is just one very very large level!.. but there are some platforms you need to jump onto where it looks like you cant make the jump. Keep trying every which way possible to make those leaps.

You cannot get stuck in that level by making a mistake so there IS a way out. I havent played Turrican 1 that far since the early 90's. I finished the C64 version and Amiga version and they both have the same level.

My advice, just keep trying.
blade002 is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 15:36   #6
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
The last time I played turrican 1 was one year ago. So I can tell with precision the level. But what you say blade002 is true: it is the level with the platforms beeing diagonal (in fact there are at lesat two level like that). I now it is sometimes difficult to jump there... I will play it again this afternoon to tell you exactly where it is.
whitebird is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 15:36   #7
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
Sorry I can't tell..
whitebird is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 16:24   #8
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebird
The last time I played turrican 1 was one year ago. So I can tell with precision the level. But what you say blade002 is true: it is the level with the platforms beeing diagonal (in fact there are at lesat two level like that). I now it is sometimes difficult to jump there... I will play it again this afternoon to tell you exactly where it is.
I should have my Amiga up and running again in about 2 weeks, and i'll be having a mid year break, so im going to be playing Turrican 1 right from start to finish again.... I'll keep you posted on the solution to this problem and we will both figure it out.

I know ive done it many times before but it was a long time ago.. I love Turrican so rest assured that i WILL finish it again!.
blade002 is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 17:09   #9
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

quahappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Age: 50
Posts: 1,661
For crying out loud guys!! Why is it when a new thread about getting stuck on a game comes up..... I'm immediately spurned on by wanting to play them again?!! This in turn drives me nuts because I don't have alot of time and when I do get the chance it then drives me wife bonkers because I'm then talking to myself cursing and swearing whenever I lose a life just like I did years ago!!!
quahappy is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 17:35   #10
Magno Boots
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 685
Visit Turrican Forever or Turrican SETA as i believe they have level maps (hand drawn)
Magno Boots is offline  
Old 04 June 2006, 22:16   #11
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 38
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy
For crying out loud guys!! Why is it when a new thread about getting stuck on a game comes up..... I'm immediately spurned on by wanting to play them again?!! This in turn drives me nuts because I don't have alot of time and when I do get the chance it then drives me wife bonkers because I'm then talking to myself cursing and swearing whenever I lose a life just like I did years ago!!!
same with me - sometimes makes me wanna take a semester off just in order to study all those old games
sareks is offline  
Old 19 August 2006, 15:30   #12
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
Hi,

So finally I played it again and went to the level where I am stucked. It's the third sub-level of level 4.

-The first sub-level has a sort of rock made boss which crushes you against walls
-The second sub-level has no boss at all.
-The third sub-level is a little similar to the third one with some diagonals but I cannot find the way out... There are many red falling drips in that level.

Help me please, thanks.
whitebird is offline  
Old 19 August 2006, 15:45   #13
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 46
Posts: 11,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebird
Hi,

So finally I played it again and went to the level where I am stucked. It's the third sub-level of level 4.

-The first sub-level has a sort of rock made boss which crushes you against walls
-The second sub-level has no boss at all.
-The third sub-level is a little similar to the third one with some diagonals but I cannot find the way out... There are many red falling drips in that level.

Help me please, thanks.
Maybe the original "The World of Turrican" poster can help you.

http://www.nemmelheim.de/turrican/bonusfiles.php
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 19 August 2006, 21:57   #14
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
Thank you very much Retro-Nerd, it's incredible!

First I thank it was just the first level but the whole game is drawn on this poster, I think I will now be able to finish the game!
whitebird is offline  
Old 19 August 2006, 22:00   #15
Magno Boots
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 685
I know where you are stuck, but it's very hard to explain.

The way out is deceiving because there is no apparent door or exit.

I remember that you are standing on a small platform which has spikes above it (looks like nowhere to go) but if you jump it will whisk you away to the next level.
I only found this by mistake originally.

As I say, it's hard to describe so I will try to get some screenshots if possible.
Magno Boots is offline  
Old 19 August 2006, 23:44   #16
Magno Boots
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 685
Just spent an hour trying to get to the point you are looking for..no chance!
I seem to have lost all patience with games these days.
My blood pressure's high enough as it is!
Sorry.
Magno Boots is offline  
Old 20 August 2006, 12:02   #17
whitebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Age: 43
Posts: 197
Thank you for trying Magno boots,

Have a look at the poster that can be found here :

http://www.nemmelheim.de/turrican/ot...ofturrican.jpg

I am stuck in the level just bellow the big tower at the right of the poster.

It is the last sub-level of level 4: there is no music, but in this sub-level the wind becomes more loud.

As I already said about level 4, I destroy the rock monster. After that there is an exit arrow (you hear the typical music when you go through). You find yourself in the next sub-level and then as you progress (with difficulty), you suddenly hear the exit music but there isn't any exit arrow here.

So if you think about this place Magno boots, it's not here that I am stuck

It's in the level just after that.

Bellow the tower you see a sort of very large angle "V" with a hole at its center. Bellow, there is a sort of "Gruyere" and bellow there is something that looks like a damaged horizontal layer. And bellow, there are some diagonal ramps I am stuck somewhere between the ramps and the horizontal layer because I didn't find how to reach the layer...
whitebird is offline  
Old 20 August 2006, 12:52   #18
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,447
damn that V shaped bit rings a bell, and i didnt play the game like i said i was going to over my break. I will try it out soon.. i know there is a way though, because i was once stuck there, and the solution was right in front of me, but i cant for the life figure out what it was ?
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 August 2006, 13:32   #19
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 38
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
damn that V shaped bit rings a bell, and i didnt play the game like i said i was going to over my break. I will try it out soon.. i know there is a way though, because i was once stuck there, and the solution was right in front of me, but i cant for the life figure out what it was ?
you bet and them spiders and horse-heads won't show you the way
sareks is offline  
Old 20 August 2006, 14:15   #20
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful
Muzkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earthrealm
Age: 37
Posts: 1,295
That poster/map is amazing! And so is the silver/blue wallpaper with Turrican on it, which now adorns my desktop. Lovely!
Muzkat is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CDTV Turrican 2 or Turrican trilogy? CD32 tekopaa request.Old Rare Games 31 12 January 2015 07:02
Mega Turrican/Turrican 3 Alien Queen Sprite Request Zenotorn project.Sprites 5 09 June 2010 16:39
Turrican 3 or MEGA Turrican?? Predabot Retrogaming General Discussion 59 07 January 2009 15:00
Turrican 3 PiCiJi support.Games 13 15 March 2005 11:35
Turrican III / Turrican III - Payment Day - question about covers andreas Nostalgia & memories 14 20 December 2004 22:17

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09075 seconds with 13 queries