English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 12 August 2008, 09:08   #1
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
"GameBase Amiga" UAE Config

I have GBA working finally on my iMac booted into bootcamp using windows XP. The only problem I am having is modifying the "GameBase Amiga" UAE config file.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but for me, the default config file seems to be off centered, like it is missing pixels off the right side of the screen or something. When I change the file to be full screen 800X600, save it, and reload it, it defaults to some ridicuous other screen mode (380X540 or something equally ridiculous). It seems as if no amount of saving and reloading matters. I know it is a WINUAE problem but I can't seem to get my head around it. Any ideas?

***EDITS***

If I hit F12 and change the window size to 720X576 from 640X512 I can see everything but it still skewed off center to the right. I am testing Pinball Dreams, will try some others real fast.

Ok, checking the centering options seems to make this all work a bit better. Go figure. Still can't get config changes to save.

Last edited by illy5603; 12 August 2008 at 09:34.
Old 12 August 2008, 09:19   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

No real need to ask this twice..but anyway as I just replied to you in pm, all computers are different, display settings that work for one person won't look right to another. As for why you can't change it, maybe it doesn't like your choice.

just load winuae up without gb amiga, go to the display tab and try different fullscreen resolutions, also check the filter tab, I think the gb amiga one is set to null. try it without any filter.

Once you've found a setting you like and works, then save those settings on the gamebase amiga.uae and whdload.uae
Old 12 August 2008, 09:31   #3
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
No real need to ask this twice..but anyway as I just replied to you in pm, all computers are different, display settings that work for one person won't look right to another. As for why you can't change it, maybe it doesn't like your choice.

just load winuae up without gb amiga, go to the display tab and try different fullscreen resolutions, also check the filter tab, I think the gb amiga one is set to null. try it without any filter.

Once you've found a setting you like and works, then save those settings on the gamebase amiga.uae and whdload.uae
Well I have another post in the WINUAE area because it just isn't taking my saves. I can make changes, and save them, but when I reload the config, the changes are all gone. At least the full screen stuff.
Old 12 August 2008, 22:50   #4
smartgenes

winUAE Problem

Belgarath's comments aren't so helpful here, even though he did make the Gamebase.
There is indeed a problem with WInUAE, I'm also trying to understand it. Version 1.5.1. release c3 (beta) does not have this problem which is in v1.5.0. (Which version are you using yourself?)
Only with the newer version did I get WinUAE to pick up my config and thus stop asking me to insert the kickstart roms.

Which version of the emulator did Belgarath set up GameBase Amiga to use, as the wizard doesn't pick up my emulator correctly.
Though in some of the readme files it states there are different configurations for the different files, Belgarath has said elsewhere there is only one config for Win UAE, which would obviously be a problem if the games are not standard A500 (not that this is your problem).
How does the configuration/script insert the game into DF0, as this is obviously what we need to do.
Old 12 August 2008, 22:54   #5
smartgenes

Oh and the config file MUST be named "Default".
Old 12 August 2008, 23:45   #6
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Illy has already sorted his config problems.
And as for their only being one config file, it's not a problem as GameBase modifies the config depending on the game.

As for the wizard, it only supports official winuae releases and if you were using 1.5.0 it should have found it.
Old 13 August 2008, 00:03   #7
smartgenes

Autorun

It's a problem for me, 1.5.0 never retains the kickstart info, but the beta version does.
I ran the wizard and it didn't find anything, and I just ran it again 5 mins ago and the wizard crashed.
I can run the emulators manually from "play game" but then I have to input the game's name into DF0 and I can only imagine that Gamebase Amiga normally does this automaticallY?
Old 13 August 2008, 00:15   #8
smartgenes

It only lists up to 1.4.6 in the emulators set up wizard, which are all not found.
Old 13 August 2008, 00:17   #9
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

yeh it happens automatically, but the wizard is just there for convenience, it doesn't actually care what version you use (as long as they aren't too old versions). all you have to do when the wizard is run is pick a script i.e. winuae 1.5.0 (joystick) highlight it, press change file and browse to your winuae.exe then tick the box and you're done.
Old 13 August 2008, 00:21   #10
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

GameBase Amiga 1.6 detects all the way to 1.5.0
you are either using an older version or for some reason you've got an older versions gemus.dat
Old 13 August 2008, 00:36   #11
smartgenes

Ah, if I point the wizard to where the gemus.dat is in Programs it asks for 1.5.0.
If I point to where the emulator is, then it asks for 1.4.6.
So I assume then that I must need the gemus.dat and the emulator in the same directory?
Old 13 August 2008, 00:41   #12
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

you should only have 1 gemus.dat and that should be in the gamebase amiga directory.
like I said though it really doesn't matter which one you use.
Old 13 August 2008, 00:46   #13
smartgenes

Yes the gemus.dat is there, but I'm pointing the wizard to where the emulator is, and when I do that it only lists up to 1.4.6.
Old 13 August 2008, 00:50   #14
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

who cares? for the 3rd time it does not matter. pick a ver of 1.4.6 with whatever preferred control method you want and then browse to your winuae.exe.
Old 13 August 2008, 01:01   #15
smartgenes

Now it doesn't find the game path.
Old 13 August 2008, 01:04   #16
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

so go to tools > paths > games and set it.
Old 13 August 2008, 01:05   #17
smartgenes

I did... no go.. :-(
Old 13 August 2008, 01:11   #18
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Have you read the instructions? got the games with the correct names (either downloaded them or run the dat)? did you run the batch file to put them in the subdirs?
Old 13 August 2008, 01:11   #19
smartgenes

It would be good to have that in the readme, as it's not obvious about mapping the not-found keyboard layout to the WinUAE exe.. at least not to people like me anyway!
But why would moving the location of my Gamebase executable affect the games paths.. as I didn't move them, and even relinking the path, it doesn't find it.
Old 13 August 2008, 01:12   #20
smartgenes

Do I need to re-verify..? all the games are there and they were mapped fine to the path before.