English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 March 2007, 17:42   #1
Frieshansen

Save/Load State with HDF-Files

Hi - since this is my first post I want to thank all Members for this great Board!

Now to my problem:
I´m running WinUAE with HDF-Files in an Arcade-Cabinet. Now I want to load a saved State when I run a saved config with the frontend Mala. Everything works perfect, except of one thing: Let´s say I´m using the Standard Configuration A1200 with 4 MB Fast RAM with the Option "Match A500 speed" enabled. I´m adding a Hardfile and start WinUAE. Now when I´m loading an saved state the "Match A500 speed"-Option jumps back to "Fastest possible...". Tried this with several WinUAE-Version but the problem is always the same. I know WinUAE doesn´t support Load/Save States with HDF-Files but it´s working for me, except of this problem.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 10 March 2007, 17:58   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Restoring 68920+ state always enables fastest possible if A500 was set.

Reason is simple: without it every 68020+ state restore would result in A500 speed which is not very good choice for most state files.. (and no, speed setting is not saved to statefile because it has nothing to do with hardware configuration)
Old 10 March 2007, 18:09   #3
Frieshansen

Thanks alot for this fast answer. Do you have any Idea how I could switch back to A500 without opening the GUI?