Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

what is the big thing ? (amikit)

Have a look http://www.amikit.amiga.sk/
The big thing ??
Old 21 May 2014, 05:47   #2
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Last week (methinks, or over the weekend) There was an image of an android phone wirh the amikit logo on it.
Old 21 May 2014, 08:32   #3
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I hope it's something better than that.

Emulating a desktop computer on a phone is not fun...

PZ.
Old 21 May 2014, 23:53   #4
vitux
Banned

It may be a complete AmiKit for real Amiga
Old 22 May 2014, 00:34   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

When I see a flip clock it always remind me the movie Groundhog Day, and the song "I got you babe" from Cher and Sonny. I like (A LOT) this version in the Cloud too.... https://soundcloud.com/bigudi/i-got-...sonny-and-cher

Edit: I think The Big Thing will be somekind of time machine that allows to travel to a 1985 alternative in which holographically you will interact (with sensors on your body) with other players. All in the space environment where you were in 1985 using your memory... or probably something simple like that.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 May 2014 at 02:02.
Old 23 May 2014, 17:26   #6
edd_jedi

Well the countdown has disappeared, so I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to find out!

http://www.amikit.amiga.sk/
Old 23 May 2014, 17:50   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Two more weeks...
Old 23 May 2014, 21:43   #8
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Two more weeks...

They are surely adjusting the clock after a Temporal paradox problem
... they will surely fix it with a Reset on the Time Line.

Edit: This song in the cloud is nice too: https://soundcloud.com/hallman1953/e...ifes-been-good

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 May 2014 at 23:05.
Old 23 May 2014, 21:59   #9
Anemos
70X7

Big grin

Natami ?
Old 24 May 2014, 02:04   #10
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Two more weeks...
This two more weeks joke will be with us forever !! lol
Old 26 May 2014, 01:23   #11
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Big grin

Found in my email this morning:

AmiKit 7 has been released on self-bootable Flash Disk!
View this email in your browser
The Little Big Thing
Self-Bootable Flash Disk. Limited Edition.

The 7th major update of AmiKit has been released on a compact and sleek solid metal design flash disk. It easily attaches to your keys and provides a capacity of 8GB, with AmiKit pre-installed! It self-boots into special environment, called AmiPUP, which is a very small lightweight “live boot” Linux system. It works with almost any x86 computer (not including Macs) that can boot from CD or USB.
Buy AmiKit 7 on Flash Disk
The Flash Disk also contains new AmiKit 7 for ANDROID as well as for Windows, Mac, Linux and real Amiga. Enjoy!
AmiPUP and AmiKit in action!

Free downloads will be available later at http://amikit.amiga.sk/ Stay tuned!

© 2005-2014 AmiKit project is designed and maintained by Jan Zahurancik
Visual design, icons and other graphics by Kenneth E. Lester, Jr.

Windows and Mac version by Jan Zahurancik
Linux port by Tom Newsom
AmiPUP port by Kenneth E. Lester, Jr.
Android port by Lubomyr Lisen
Real Amiga port by Retrofan

You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.
unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
Old 26 May 2014, 08:38   #12
ma693541
Computer Wizard

AmiKit 7 out now on 8GB USB Flash Drive.

AmiKit on Flash Disk

Limited Edition
New AmiKit is exclusively available on bootable USB flash disk. Get one before it's gone!

More info at AmiKit's homepage.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:06   #13
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

What do you think by now? Do you like the idea?
Old 26 May 2014, 21:19   #14
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
What do you think by now? Do you like the idea?
Shame he didnt include the roms, via maybe cloanto.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:32   #15
tolkien
AmigaMan

Sounds good but Is It a complete system? I mean...apart Kickstart, what more I need?
Old 26 May 2014, 21:44   #16
lolafg

Bought the usb key , will test when it will be at home....
will it be posible to install it in the hd of the pc and boot directly in amikit as i tried with amiga forever but never been able to?

Thanks.
Old 27 May 2014, 01:25   #17
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Click and press on play, then return here: https://soundcloud.com/hallman1953/e...ifes-been-good

... You should know that questions and answers can be found at the AmiKit website, forum or facebook. You also know that you can ask about AmiKit Real on it's thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562) and I can only answer about my version.

Anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Shame he didnt include the roms, via maybe cloanto.
Just reading "Info" you'll find this:
What is the difference between AmiKit and Amiga Forever? Both are emulators, right?

Both AmiKit and Amiga Forever use the same emulation engine called WinUAE. The main difference is that while the Amiga Forever is a commercial product that includes legal ROM and system files and provides you with the default (and very basic) AmigaOS environment, the AmiKit is freeware, however it doesn't include the ROM and system files. On the other hand AmiKit includes more than 300 pre-configured programs that are not part of the default AmigaOS installation - which turn the default OS into the ultimate environment. AmiKit can be considered as kind of an add-on for Amiga Forever but that would be inaccurate. AmiKit installs into its own separated folder and during the installation it copies the ROM and system files from Amiga Forever to AmiKit automatically. Since this point the AmiKit is complete and standalone application. Amiga Forever introduced an integrated support of AmiKit! Now you can download, install and run AmiKit using the Amiga Forever Player (see its application tab). No need to use external and standalone AmiKit installer anymore. Check this link if you encounter any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkien View Post
Sounds good but Is It a complete system? I mean...apart Kickstart, what more I need?
It's also in the Info:

What do I need to install and run AmiKit?

In short, a source of AmigaOS (Workbench) and Amiga Kickstart file (ROM), which can be easily obtained by purchasing Amiga Forever package. We're sorry about that but AmiKit cannot contain those copyrighted files. For more information please check out the requirements page. AmiKit runs on Windows XP, Vista or 7 machine, Mac OS X and Linux too. To install AmiKit on a real Amiga computer please follow this AmiKit on a Real Amiga guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolafg View Post
Bought the usb key , will test when it will be at home....
will it be posible to install it in the hd of the pc and boot directly in amikit as i tried with amiga forever but never been able to?
Thanks.
Do you mean that you have never installed AmiKit on your Pc using the AF Cd or previous installation? If so, you better use the commented forums for answers.
For more questions, I've said you'll find them at the AmiKit website, forum or facebook.

And... About my version (AmiKit for Real 1.0 -from 05-): It won't make miracles (I'm trying and trying), but it's VERY trusted, that's why now it isn't called "Beta" anymore. It has an Incredible LOT of options that you never have had on a Real Amiga (that's hard to archieve) and a huge LOT of improvements. It's fast and has a unbeatable look for AGA and also there is a plug-in (updated now) for Mattahan's icons, and also for WinUAE an RTG plug-in that I will update soon.

It's also for free... so ? Just Wait for it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 May 2014 at 18:55.
Old 27 May 2014, 06:54   #18
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Which is a bit odd in my opinion. I don't think they really try to make money here, but I don't get why they hold back the apparentely finished version as a download
Old 27 May 2014, 07:44   #19
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Which is a bit odd in my opinion. I don't think they really try to make money here, but I don't get why they hold back the apparentely finished version as a download
Me either, but I bought the USB drive because it'd be cool to have & was a chance to make a donation at the same time

PZ.
Old 27 May 2014, 12:38   #20
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Click and press on play, then return here: https://soundcloud.com/hallman1953/e...ifes-been-good

... You should know that questions and answers can be found at the AmiKit website, forum or facebook. You also know that you can ask about AmiKit Real on it's thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562) and I can only answer about my version.

Anyway:

Just reading "Info" you'll find this:
What is the difference between AmiKit and Amiga Forever? Both are emulators, right?

Both AmiKit and Amiga Forever use the same emulation engine called WinUAE. The main difference is that while the Amiga Forever is a commercial product that includes legal ROM and system files and provides you with the default (and very basic) AmigaOS environment, the AmiKit is freeware, however it doesn't include the ROM and system files. On the other hand AmiKit includes more than 300 pre-configured programs that are not part of the default AmigaOS installation - which turn the default OS into the ultimate environment. AmiKit can be considered as kind of an add-on for Amiga Forever but that would be inaccurate. AmiKit installs into its own separated folder and during the installation it copies the ROM and system files from Amiga Forever to AmiKit automatically. Since this point the AmiKit is complete and standalone application. Amiga Forever introduced an integrated support of AmiKit! Now you can download, install and run AmiKit using the Amiga Forever Player (see its application tab). No need to use external and standalone AmiKit installer anymore. Check this link if you encounter any problems.

It's also in the Info:

What do I need to install and run AmiKit?

In short, a source of AmigaOS (Workbench) and Amiga Kickstart file (ROM), which can be easily obtained by purchasing Amiga Forever package. We're sorry about that but AmiKit cannot contain those copyrighted files. For more information please check out the requirements page. AmiKit runs on Windows XP, Vista or 7 machine, Mac OS X and Linux too. To install AmiKit on a real Amiga computer please follow this AmiKit on a Real Amiga guide.

Do you mean that you have never installed AmiKit on your Pc using the AF Cd or previous installation? If so, you better use the commented forums for answers.
For more questions, I've said you'll find them at the AmiKit website, forum or facebook.

And... About my version (AmiKit for Real 1.0 -from 05-): It won't make miracles (I'm trying and trying), but it's VERY trusted, that's why now it isn't called "Beta" anymore. It has an Incredible LOT of options that you never have had on a Real Amiga (that's hard to archieve) and a huge LOT of improvements. It's fast and has a unbeatable look for AGA and also there is a plug-in (updated now) for Mattahan's icons, and also for WinUAE an RTG plug-in that I will update soon.

Think you misunderstood. I knew all that, just be nice if it included them.
Lets say I haven't installed AmigaForever, your telling me I cant use it?