English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 29 March 2008, 00:05   #1
bamdad

mounting cdrom in e-uae under os x

greetings,

sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn't find similar posts with the search engine.

soo.. i was trying to install amiga os 4. so i downloaded e-uae and installed the p96 version of classic workbench (http://classicwb.abime.net/). the first problem i ran into was getting workbench 3.1 disks, but since i had an amiga once and i managed to create adf's (which was a royal pain in the ass btw). now i have wb 3.1, scalos etc. played with it, adjusted the resolution, i have been happy so far.

enters the real problem. i have the amigaos 4 for classic amigas cd. popped it in to find.. nothing. after some reading i found out i have to enable scsi emulation for the device 'IODVDServices/0'. great. i put in the disk _after_ starting e-uae to find.. nothing again. no problem, i thought, i just have to mount it as a directory.. guess what: the cd shows up, i double-click the 'AmigaOS4-Installation' file and i get a weird dialog box telling me that 'Unable to open your tool 'Installation Utility'. now what..? tried to make a boot floppy, but on booting it, it cannot find the cd. neither if mounted as a dir, nor with scsi emulation. what the hell..?

so sorry for writing a novel about this but i'm really stuck here and know no other option to try.

cheers,
bamdad

Last edited by bamdad; 29 March 2008 at 00:06. Reason: typo

Old 29 March 2008, 00:30   #2
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

OS4 doesn't run under UAE. UAE emulates the 68k, not any PPC.
Old 29 March 2008, 01:12   #3
bamdad

um, sorry, i'm not an expert in hardware. i must have misunderstood the 'JIT Settings: PowerPC 7450' thing.

should i try to dig up 3.9?

Old 29 March 2008, 05:17   #4
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Why not just use Classic Workbench? There's not a whole lot more that 3.9 offers to emulator users.
Old 30 March 2008, 11:23   #5
bamdad

maybe you're right. i've been out of amiga business for more than ten years.. it sure feels nostalgic. next i'll try to get my hands on a high-end A4000.

thanks anyway.

Old 02 April 2008, 13:09   #6
bamdad

after all i installed 3.9. just couldn't resist. the cd0 in devs/dosdrivers/amithlon turned out to be the problem, now i can mount cds (except for audio cds, but who wants to play cds through emulation..?)

i have to ask two more things, though.. sorry for bugging you about this.

one thing is keyboard emulation. i just can't get e-uae to emulate a left amiga key. tried raw key mapping, tried all keys (command[apple], alt, ctrl) none of them work.

the other thing is minor, though irritating: i just can't remember how to get the workbench to save the the way the desktop and folders are viewed. i sort them for ex. by name, and after a reset (might be because i use f11-q/f11-r) the reset to default.

please help.

Old 24 May 2008, 15:41   #7
bamdad

umm.. whatever.. could you at least render it in pinyin?