English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 22 September 2018, 15:37   #3521
chue

Let me clarify - when I said "If you don't find another source" I meant a source for the TF530. I did not mean shipping source.

In any case I tried to get an online estimate for the package (8 in x 5 in x 3 in, 1 pound):

USPS $25
UPS $100

Perhaps if I go to a physical location, they can give me some other cheaper shipping option.
Old Today, 11:03   #3522
project23

Okay so i've been using Eagle for the first time, and it seems pretty user friendly.

I'm generating the gerbers just fine.

But... its the drill file. Eagle is spitting out an xln and dirtypcbs seems to want a drl.

I get... No drill (.TXT/.DRL/.DRI/.DRD) file found.

So as stupid as this sounds - do i need to convert this, or change some setting in Eagle, or simply not worry about it because its a recent change to Eagle and dirty will 'know what to do with it'.

Sorry i know this isn't an Eagle/gerber support thread, i get that - I just have no other way of picking up a 530 board at the moment - and i do also want to learn Eagle/board design.

Cheers for the support and the great work,

John
Old Today, 11:06   #3523
project23

Weeeeeell s*it - the moment i posted that i checked ebay and saw some boards for sale again. Rev 3s. They're not TF logo boards, but i'll take what i can get right now.

Still very curious about the Eagle stuff though, if anyone has an answer let me know!

Cheers,

John
Old Today, 11:47   #3524
project23

Right, i think what i've figured out now is that all that's going on is a stupid non standard extension convention for files generated by pcb design applications, and that a simple name change fixes the issue - at least i hope.

Hopefully i'll be buying from the guy on ebay anyway, but i will also do a trial order from dirty and if they all turn out okay i'll sell what i have left (for cheap, i'm not in it for the money).

Obviously these do NOT have the TF logo and therefor get no support from Stephen.

John

Hijacked the thread here a bit haven't i - if a mod wants to move my posts somewhere else i'd be cool with that.