English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 August 2019, 16:04   #461
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Ah what version peeps been playing?

Also hope you feel much better soon matey.
Deathmatch Server next Weekend if your Interested I Accidentally Posted to myself haha you will se the List of 3 Games to Choose from :-) Holla
Old 11 August 2019, 11:44   #462
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Deathmatch Server next Weekend if your Interested I Accidentally Posted to myself haha you will se the List of 3 Games to Choose from :-) Holla
lol cheers mate.

Wife's put me on a spending ban LOL.

All I've got is Q1 and 2, and UT2004. Wish I could remember what I did with my original UT GOTY edition. GGGGRRRRR. Sold it no doubt or gave it to a charity shop or something mental back in the day.
Old 12 August 2019, 00:09   #463
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
lol cheers mate.

Wife's put me on a spending ban LOL.

All I've got is Q1 and 2, and UT2004. Wish I could remember what I did with my original UT GOTY edition. GGGGRRRRR. Sold it no doubt or gave it to a charity shop or something mental back in the day.
Would you like GOTY Edition Sent Via GoogleDrive?
Old 12 August 2019, 04:42   #464
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Would you like GOTY Edition Sent Via GoogleDrive?
Probably against forum guidelines I'd assume.

I'll check Archive.org and see if it's on there.

We should chat more in PM about stuff.

EDIT: It's all good. I've wishlisted it on Steam and will keep an eye on prices. My spending ban will be over soon enough

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 12 August 2019 at 05:06.
Old 14 August 2019, 15:21   #465
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:

EDIT: It's all good. I've wishlisted it on Steam and will keep an eye on prices. My spending ban will be over soon enough
Very true wasn't Thinking lol

Yeah it's usually Cheap most of the Time
Old 14 August 2019, 17:36   #466
Hewitson

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought so. It's 20 years old.
Old 20 August 2019, 02:21   #467
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:

If Hewitson is Right would you like It
Old 20 August 2019, 02:25   #468
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Sorry not been Much Action from me as of Late. In Self Destruct mode at the Moment my Head has Decided it Doesn't want to Play Ball so a lot is a Struggle at the Moment (I Know it sounds Sad but Please try living with it yourself and getting back to me, No rhyme or Reason needed!) I think I am ok but then BANG! i'm not ok at the moment I need to Realise this
Old 20 August 2019, 04:08   #469
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Sorry not been Much Action from me as of Late. In Self Destruct mode at the Moment my Head has Decided it Doesn't want to Play Ball so a lot is a Struggle at the Moment (I Know it sounds Sad but Please try living with it yourself and getting back to me, No rhyme or Reason needed!) I think I am ok but then BANG! i'm not ok at the moment I need to Realise this
All the best to you mate.

I'm sure you are already, but in case you're not, professional help is the best kind of help.

You don't have to struggle alone.

The only closest way I can relate, is my wife recently going through anxiety. And 100% no rhyme or reason as you say. Life was and is going great. Nothing to worry about, yet in the middle of the night, she'd be up wanting to vomit for absolutely no reason other than a brain fart causing all kinds of dark thoughts out of nowhere.

Professional help and the right medication, which she's coming off of very slowly, are the only things that returned things to "normal".

Good luck.
Old 22 August 2019, 12:27   #470
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
All the best to you mate.

I'm sure you are already, but in case you're not, professional help is the best kind of help.

You don't have to struggle alone.

The only closest way I can relate, is my wife recently going through anxiety. And 100% no rhyme or reason as you say. Life was and is going great. Nothing to worry about, yet in the middle of the night, she'd be up wanting to vomit for absolutely no reason other than a brain fart causing all kinds of dark thoughts out of nowhere.

Professional help and the right medication, which she's coming off of very slowly, are the only things that returned things to "normal".

Good luck.
Yeah I am Under Professional Help Buddy which is in Fact why I have Taken a Break from Tech Related Things at the Moment it was Advice to Focus on Myself more than Projects etc and When I Start to Feel better in Myself again is when I Slowly start to Dive back into it.

Anxiety is the Worst I can Completely Relate to your Wife's Circumstance and am Glad that it is Easing up

Like you say that is having the Right People Around and Realising yourself you need a Little Extra Help
Old 23 August 2019, 05:32   #471
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Yeah I am Under Professional Help Buddy which is in Fact why I have Taken a Break from Tech Related Things at the Moment it was Advice to Focus on Myself more than Projects etc and When I Start to Feel better in Myself again is when I Slowly start to Dive back into it.

Anxiety is the Worst I can Completely Relate to your Wife's Circumstance and am Glad that it is Easing up

Like you say that is having the Right People Around and Realising yourself you need a Little Extra Help
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
Old 23 August 2019, 13:03   #472
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
Thank you for Your Support and The Sub to My Channel :-) New Content will be up there Soon when I feel a little more up to it :-) Plus my DJ PC is Currently Loaned out to a Friend so her Kids can Play Fortnite
Old 08 September 2019, 01:10   #473
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
Been watching your Videos Dude despite being told to Leave the Pc Alone Keep up the good Work!. Have you Watched CRG (Casual Retro Gamer) Channel? Right up your Street Buddy the CD32 Arcade Controller He makes is Phenomenal! Like you he made me feel very much Part of this Community dropping me A shout out in a Recent video He made. I only wish my Brain allowed me the Confidence to Create Such Great content! I know I don't have to be on Camera but something about just being behind the Camera doesn't allow the Person to get to know You Yourself (Does that make Sense? or am I Overthinking it?) I have made Dramatic Changes to my Man Cave while Taking a Break and now have Space for a Arcade Cabinet :-) I have a Plan to buy a Cabinet with a good Screen but Gutted out to Put all of my consoles into but hidden. Problem is now Controllers it would look Hella Ugly with loads of Wires and Controllers hanging out of the Front. Does anyone have a Idea? Sorry not x86 Related
Old 08 September 2019, 01:16   #474
lesta_smsc

You could look at using raspberry pi or Pandora box...
Old 08 September 2019, 02:04   #475
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
You could look at using raspberry pi or Pandora box...
I know this buddy and thank you for pointing this out I do truly Appreciate it

Perhaps I should be more Clear in that the Arcade Cabinet is to Hide My games Consoles All in one Place and in Something that Suits My Man Cave which is Very Arcade like :-) (Now anyway). I live in a bedsit and the Amount of Stuff I own really is a Struggle to not look a Complete mess when on Display which is Depressing! (Practicality is key at this Point)
Old 08 September 2019, 02:53   #476
lesta_smsc

You want a universal adaptor then so you can wire one controller to all the consoles!?
Old 08 September 2019, 21:52   #477
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
You want a universal adaptor then so you can wire one controller to all the consoles!?
That is Exactly what I need :-) Are these a Thing? i
Old 09 September 2019, 02:43   #478
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Been watching your Videos Dude despite being told to Leave the Pc Alone Keep up the good Work!. Have you Watched CRG (Casual Retro Gamer) Channel? Right up your Street Buddy the CD32 Arcade Controller He makes is Phenomenal! Like you he made me feel very much Part of this Community dropping me A shout out in a Recent video He made. I only wish my Brain allowed me the Confidence to Create Such Great content! I know I don't have to be on Camera but something about just being behind the Camera doesn't allow the Person to get to know You Yourself (Does that make Sense? or am I Overthinking it?) I have made Dramatic Changes to my Man Cave while Taking a Break and now have Space for a Arcade Cabinet :-) I have a Plan to buy a Cabinet with a good Screen but Gutted out to Put all of my consoles into but hidden. Problem is now Controllers it would look Hella Ugly with loads of Wires and Controllers hanging out of the Front. Does anyone have a Idea? Sorry not x86 Related
haha cheers mate. And yeah I watch CRG as well. The Irish guy. Love the joystick project.

Another good channel I found recently is "David retro games played badly". He's another one with a nice simple format, targeting his personal memories.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO6...an8L6JgzdSSvDQ

Re you overthinking making videos, no you're not overthinking it. You in fact have a good understanding of what it is. It is "public speaking" which is well known for being the MOST FEARED thing. I'm not kidding.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/b...ear-more-death

So your fear is actually only natural.

In my life I've had to present training workshops for a living, and even had to do a Keynote (I didn't realise I was the keynote speaker which is amusing in itself).

But some of the workshops I did,.....in fact MANY were done online, which I guess makes the move into doing these vids a little easier.

Forget the "masses" as let's face it, when you begin, they dont exist.

Instead concentrate on the 1 person watching.

Treat it more like a Skype call to a friend or family member.

Again, due to my family all being in the UK and me being in Aus, this is something that I dont find natural but have had to get over and just "do it" to stay in touch.

So mate, if you really want to do it, when you're ready....i'd suggest....

1) Maybe start with you being OFF screen
2) Maybe even start with JUST gameplay and not speaking at all?
3) Records a few you dont even intended to upload. You may be surprised and opt to upload them regardless.
4) Maybe do 2 player, so it's you and a mate. This can make it easier to be yourself.
5) Just have fun and DO NOT give 2 shits what anyone thinks.

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 09 September 2019 at 06:01.
Old 30 September 2019, 00:07   #479
rare_j
Zone Friend

Finally got around to properly setting up my ‘rig’, which in reality a very unassuming looking small form factor dell desktop from the early 2000’s.
I’ve gone for a voodoo graphics (not voodoo2) primarily to play Screamer 2.

What are the showcase games for voodoo 1, stuff that really shows it off and that you just cant see or play anywhere else? Or where the 3dfx version is superior by miles?
I already have Unreal which is really impressive.
Anything else from that era I should look at?
Old 30 September 2019, 00:41   #480
Fissuras
Old Luny

Tomb Raider I and II are great with 3dfx. Tomb I is a pure MSDOS game (I see it as a bonus), while II is a Win95/98 only.

edit: Try also Descent: Freespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Anything else from that era I should look at?