English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 25 October 2023, 23:04   #541
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Played it this afternoon. The game is very well balanced. No need for a trainer IMHO.
One point sure for those who wants to make hiscore, using the continue after stage 3 delete your current score. If you have reached more than 3 millions points, I suggest not to use the continue if you want to break the HS table.
Clever move, because you have to make a choice.

I also love the small detail of the multiplier slowly fading if you don't it anybody within 2 seconds.
Thank you for your comment. I love it when people notice some of the not-so-obvious details that went into the game.
Old 26 October 2023, 13:53   #542
warci

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Thank you for your comment. I love it when people notice some of the not-so-obvious details that went into the game.
I'd say the way you convey status to the player in general is really cool. I hate modern games with a cluttered HUD and every event is literally spelled out on the screen. Might just as well go back to playing text adventures!
The way you communicate that your multiplier is almost done and the level of your speed/weapon upgrades is really elegant.
Old 26 October 2023, 22:37   #543
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by warci View Post
I'd say the way you convey status to the player in general is really cool. I hate modern games with a cluttered HUD and every event is literally spelled out on the screen. Might just as well go back to playing text adventures!
The way you communicate that your multiplier is almost done and the level of your speed/weapon upgrades is really elegant.
"Only no HUD is a good HUD"
(Dead Space, 2008)

Last edited by buzzybee; 27 October 2023 at 07:58.
Old 18 November 2023, 14:07   #544
mrupp

@buzzybee Congratulations to this absolutely fantastic game. It's unbelievable to see all this transparent effects going on all the time! Wow!

Only thing I'm struggling with is to get it to run on the A500mini at full quality. I tried playing around with the config file for a bit but couldn't get it to run perfectly:
- with option "fast_copper=false" I get music stuttering and slowdows
- with option "fast_copper=true" I get the 50 fps back and the music plays fine, but the background in level 1 flickers a lot.

I tried creating an HDF and using it with BOOT.lha from Pandory and also tried the WHDLoad install 1.3, both behave the same.

It would have been great to have a ready-to-run LHA on the CD (or did I miss it somehow?) or some instructions how to do it.

But maybe you could share the ideal config file here on EAB? That would really be splendid!
Ahh... and while you're at it: the same goes for Reshoot-R, but most probably the same config options can be used, I guess...

Cheers, keep up the great work,
Michael
Old 18 November 2023, 22:46   #545
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrupp View Post
@buzzybee Congratulations to this absolutely fantastic game. It's unbelievable to see all this transparent effects going on all the time! Wow!

Only thing I'm struggling with is to get it to run on the A500mini at full quality. I tried playing around with the config file for a bit but couldn't get it to run perfectly:
- with option "fast_copper=false" I get music stuttering and slowdows
- with option "fast_copper=true" I get the 50 fps back and the music plays fine, but the background in level 1 flickers a lot.

I tried creating an HDF and using it with BOOT.lha from Pandory and also tried the WHDLoad install 1.3, both behave the same.

It would have been great to have a ready-to-run LHA on the CD (or did I miss it somehow?) or some instructions how to do it.

But maybe you could share the ideal config file here on EAB? That would really be splendid!
Ahh... and while you're at it: the same goes for Reshoot-R, but most probably the same config options can be used, I guess...

Cheers, keep up the great work,
Michael
Hi Michael

Thank you for your kind words. As for A500 Mini: I cannot provide indivdiual configs for each hardware platform out there, that's way beyond my capabilities. While I know that the A500 Mini has a large fanbase out there, I suggest playing RP3 on real hardware, powerful emulators, or MISTer. These platforms are much better suited to display RP3 without compromises in pacing, flow, details, or quality.

I could share a document that supports you with installing RP3 on A500 Mini. I do know that people play the game on A500 Mini without noticeable downers. But configuration is beyond me. Anyone else, maybe?
Old 11 December 2023, 14:07   #546
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Does anyone know where to get this wooden joystick? There were at least three at the event, all connected to a machine playing Proxima.

Old 11 December 2023, 14:35   #547
Pyromania

Where can I buy a special edition boxed version of this game please?
Old 11 December 2023, 15:08   #548
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Where can I buy a special edition boxed version of this game please?
Here: https://www.amigashop.org/product_in...roducts_id=395
Old 11 December 2023, 22:51   #549
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Does anyone know where to get this wooden joystick? There were at least three at the event, all connected to a machine playing Proxima.
I got the ones you see in the picture right here.
Old 12 December 2023, 06:49   #550
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Great! Thank you Richard!
Old 16 December 2023, 23:42   #551
kempy

This is probably most played Amiga game for me in last month. Anyway there's something strange about it.

When i launch it from Classic Workbench or without s-s, second fire button or space key don't pause game. But on same machine if i map physical rom into fast ram, second fire and space key allow me to pause game.

A1240 (Apollo), kick 3.1.
Old 16 December 2023, 23:47   #552
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy View Post
This is probably most played Amiga game for me in last month. Anyway there's something strange about it.

When i launch it from Classic Workbench or without s-s, second fire button or space key don't pause game. But on same machine if i map physical rom into fast ram, second fire and space key allow me to pause game.

A1240 (Apollo), kick 3.1.
Good to know that you enjoy the game so much!

As for the strange behavior you mentioned: There's a bug in the code that prevents the second fire button from working under certain RAM configurations. The WHDload client kills the bug and makes the second fire button work as intended.
Old 20 December 2023, 10:52   #553
xavlahaye

It's such a great game thanks so much!
After reading the whole thread I didn't understand fully the technical aspects behind it which are fascinating nevertheless but was able to solve some of the issues I had with the game (minor ones like quitting the game and how and when can one use the continue feature)
There is only one wish on my side: To have the option to turn off the dialogs at the beginning of each level. It's of course not that important but when you play the game a lot like me it can get a bit repetitive and distracting sometimes.
A little bit like what McGeezer did in Devil's Temple, you can turn off captions in the options menu
Old 20 December 2023, 11:32   #554
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavlahaye View Post
There is only one wish on my side: To have the option to turn off the dialogs at the beginning of each level. It's of course not that important but when you play the game a lot like me it can get a bit repetitive and distracting sometimes.
A little bit like what McGeezer did in Devil's Temple, you can turn off captions in the options menu
I have never thought about such an option. It would be easy to implement and might make sense. Thanks a million!
Old 20 December 2023, 18:12   #555
xavlahaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
I have never thought about such an option. It would be easy to implement and might make sense. Thanks a million!
You're welcome, nice to hear that it would not be too tough, I hope it gets implemented!