English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 27 February 2004, 06:58   #1
Amigalizard

Feature that would be very useful

First- thanks a lot for winuae! Really enjoy it!

It would be nice to have 3 save state buttons on the display filters. Maybe with a keyboard shortcut to cycle through them too.
This would be very useful- for example-
I usually use verticle size 14, but for a lot of games, I have to hit f12, then the filters tab, then slide the filter by hand over to 42. Then when I'm done playing, I have to slide it back to 14 for my wb1.3 screen or for another game that uses a different screen mode. There seem to be mostly 2 screen modes for games, sometimes maybe a 3rd? So 3 save state buttons that you could just click on or say hit ctrl-alt-f1 or something to cycle through the saved modes so you could flip screen modes at the touch of a button from game to game. Would be much easier than using the slider.

Old 28 February 2004, 10:28   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

and what if someone wants to store 3 (or so) different display settings? or maybe sound settings.. soon we have selectbox in every config page

I have some ideas for something like this but more important project is new GUI..
Old 28 February 2004, 18:17   #3
Amigalizard

An easier compromise?

Maybe if the other option I mentioned would get out of hand, then at least allow a person to type in the number next to the slider, rather than being forced to use the slider, so for example, I could quickly click on the number and type 42, rather than manually fiddle the slider back and forth every time. That would still be lots more convenient than having to grab and move the slider carefully to the number required.