English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 13 September 2001, 20:00   #21
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Amiga Darius+

Amiga Darius+

Last edited by CodyJarrett; 13 March 2007 at 09:32.
Old 13 September 2001, 20:03   #22
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Arcade Darius

Arcade Darius

Old 13 September 2001, 20:04   #23
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Post Amiga Battletoads

Amiga Battletoads

Old 13 September 2001, 20:07   #24
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Amiga Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Amiga Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

(I've failed to get an Amiga screenshot yet!)

Old 13 September 2001, 20:08   #25
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Arcade Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Arcade Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Old 13 September 2001, 20:10   #26
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool EAB Database

The EAB database will include screenshots of the original versions of games (whether it is C64, Spectrum, arcade, Mega Drive, SNES) for comparison with the Amiga version.

In most cases with arcade games, the Amiga looks pretty bad in comparison.
Old 14 September 2001, 00:17   #27
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

I have been led to believe that Parasol Stars never actually appeared in the arcades. I read this on a Bubble Bobble site somewhere but can't remember where. I have never seen it and I am surprised it isn't on MAME if it is as all the others are! Can anyone shed some light on this as I do find it a bit hard to believe!
Old 14 September 2001, 04:28   #28
Amigaboy

Yep. All Street Fighter games on the Amiga were once arcade machines, so they are all conversions

Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles (Image Works) - Side view? Is this the one where you start off in a burning building and you go around killing foot soldiers. Then on the next stage, you're in April's apartment and Beebop and Rocksteady come, and you have to fight Rocksteady. Then once you whoop his ass, you see a graphic of Shredder jumping out of a window, with April in his clutches?

Or is that the shitty top view one where you go into the sewers and stuff. Then you're on this side view part which is really crappy.

If it's the first one, then the Amiga version is an arcade conversion
If it's the second one, then the Amiga version is the NES conversion

Why do I know so much about these Turtles? Cause they own you! (actually, it's because these were the pokemon of my day )

Old 14 September 2001, 07:12   #29
Walker

Cowabunga!
Old 14 September 2001, 07:17   #30
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

and both Turtles games for Amiga are crap

Parasol Stars never came out to arcades AFAIK

And I didn't know Primal Rage got an Amiga version (I remember it was planned , but never saw it... )

I really would like to know if this Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is faithfull to the Arcade version (With super specials and Akuma)...

It has potential to be the best Beat'em Up availabe for Amiga..
Old 14 September 2001, 09:38   #31
Tim Janssen

Smile Hatris/ Zack

I just recall an arcade game I have mentioned in the Tetris thread here at EAB.
I know a game called Zack. It is the Amiga reincarnation of an arcade machine called 'Hatris' (See attached picture). In this game you must staple falling hats. Zack was reviewed in 1992 in German magazine Amiga Joker.

Does anyone else know this game on Amiga?
Old 14 September 2001, 22:24   #32
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
Batman Returns
You could be correct. I'll check.
Check the KLOV

Quote:
Battletoads
Well, the Amiga game mentions Rare and Tradewest on the titlescreen.
But the arcade game seems like a port of the SNES game or a port of Battletoads vs. Double Dragon. The original Battletoads came for the NES.

Quote:
Castlevania
Originally a NES game, then?
Most definitely

Quote:
Darius+
While the Amiga version doesn't have the resolution of the arcade machine (something like 800x200), it does have graphics that look the same. Do you think that this was unofficial?
Nope, look at the ship, it's like an overhead view. And the game is totally different. Actually I NEVER seen this version of the game, I remember another one which is a vertical scroller (even more blasphemy to Darius) and it had the Taito logo somewhere on the title screen. Where did you get this one? I'll try to make the one I found work, it's quite a bast to get running.

Quote:
Out Run Europa
Maybe you are right
I am Again, check the KLOV. This is a computer/console only game

Quote:
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo AGA
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers AGA
I'm pretty sure that both of these are arcade machines.
I have my doubts about Turbo, until I see an actual in-game screenshot. If it has the Turbo power bar on teh bottom of teh screen, it is Turbo. If not, it's bollocks.

Quote:
Super C
What did Contra originate on?
Contra, arcade. Super C, NES. All these Playchoice games were originally released for the NES, then they made this shit arcade system based on the NES. I would never pop a coin into one of those
Old 15 September 2001, 14:23   #33
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

As hard as it is to admit, I honestly didn't think the conversion of Final Fight (one of my fav arcades) was any good.

Sure, they got the graphics right, but what about the sounds and music? What about the many levels which were ommited?

Most of all, I though the gameplay sucked. Guy and Cody were, IMO, reduced to unplayable characters. Why? Coz their throws were removed, and their spin kick (a move intended to get you out of trouble) was not an invincible move as it was in the arcades. This meant it was a worthless move, as enemies could hit you as you performed it, unlike the arcade. So Guy and Cody were left with punches, and...er...jump kicks.

At least they still included Haggar's pile driver, but again, they ommitted his other throws.

I hate to rant, but I had to get that off my chest

I now play the game on Callus- great
Old 15 September 2001, 14:33   #34
Amigaboy

I agree. The arcade version of Final Fight was far superior to the Amiga conversion

But. I did thoroughly enjoy the Amiga one too

Old 15 September 2001, 15:33   #35
Burge
Get ready, Agent

The crappy version of Turtles was on Amiga and NES. And I bought both of them. What? Don't look at me like that! You must understand I was completely obsessed with anything Turtles back in the day.

Best arcade conversion:

Shadow Warriors.
Old 15 September 2001, 17:31   #36
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

Shadow Warriors was a good conversion but I still reckon the best conversion was Rainbow Islands!
Old 15 September 2001, 17:39   #37
Puzzle

Street Fighter II

I really enjoyed the ECS-version of Street Fighter II on the Amiga. My sisters and friends did too.

It was really great on an A1200. The action was fast, and I really preferred it to the SNES and arcade-versions, even if those had better graphics.

(That's one of the things that bugs me.. that they often removed background-animations and stuff from Amiga-versions of most fighter-games...)

Now, how are the AGA-versions of Street Figher II? Are they still as fast, and do they have any background-animations? And are they fun to play?
Old 15 September 2001, 17:40   #38
Amigaboy

Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the Amiga has fantastic graphics, but shit sound and beyond shit playability

Old 15 September 2001, 18:09   #39
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

When it comes to any version of Street Fighter the arcade versions are the best

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion but I can't believe anyone would actually think otherwise. There are some adequate conversions but nothing touches the arcade!
Old 16 September 2001, 06:13   #40
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I don't think Final Fight for Amiga is THAT bad... it's just average. And about the spin kicks, well, in the amiga version you don't lose energy when doing it, so it has a different propose than in the Arcade game.

And when it comes to ANY arcade conversion to ANY machine, 95% of the time, the Arcade version will be better. (I can't really remember now any arcade game that got a conversion for a console/computer better than the original one. Hmm, maybe Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PSX, but just because it has Fei Long on it )