English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 October 2012, 09:55   #61
obermotz

Easy: Manhunt
JK. I vote for Tetris.

Last edited by prowler; 08 October 2012 at 21:41. Reason: Fixed embedded image link.

Old 08 October 2012, 10:36   #62
s2325
Zone Friend

Amiga: Plotting
GameBoy Advance: Super Move Quest, Bookworm, Polarium, Rampage Puzzle Attack, Scrabble, Tringo, Zoo
GameBoy: Nontan to Issho - Kurukuru Puzzle, Scrabble, Tetris Blast, Wild Snake, WordZap, Yoshi no Panepon
MegaDrive/Genesis: Megapanel, Pac-Attack
NES: Bombliss, Flipull
SNES: Nontan to Issho - Kurukuru Puzzle, Pieces, Super Bombliss, Super Tetris 3, Wild Snake, Yoshi's Cookie
PC (Windows): Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe
Old 08 October 2012, 11:38   #63
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyX View Post
VL is a nice game itself, but it's a clone of Konami's Quarth arcade. There is a few other clones for Amiga as Powerstones or Rectangle, but my favourite was Age of Rock (you can get it in aminet), i suppose because as in your case, i got this first

With respect to my favourite puzzle games, well i remember pass a few afternoons of my youth in Atomix, E-Motion, Extase (Amazing Music!!!), Locomotion (very stressing game, but a lot of fun ), Pipemania, Stone Age, ... even Tangram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
As I said, I didn't mean it was unique, and I was right in doubting it. I didn't know of that game, thanks for the pointer and the clarification!
clone?

[ Show youtube player ]

If Vital Light is a Quarth clone then Quarth is a Tetris clone.
Old 08 October 2012, 20:26   #64
rsn8887

Quote:
"Age of Rock" has a 3 player mode too... and if you take a look to Blasteris, it uses a lot of graphics of "Age of Rock", even similar screen design in the menu and in thegame. If i remember well, Andreas Spreen in the manual of an old version of AoR (not the last in aminet) talked about being ripped by a publisher, i think you have rediscovered which
You are right. Looking at Age of Rock, it does look very similar. So Blasteris was just a rip off. Well, gotta try Age of Rock then

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
GameBoy Advance: Super Move Quest, Bookworm, Polarium, Rampage Puzzle Attack, Scrabble, Tringo, Zoo
SNES: Nontan to Issho - Kurukuru Puzzle, Pieces, Super Bombliss, Super Tetris 3, Wild Snake, Yoshi's Cookie
Great list! Never heard of Polarium and Rampage Puzzle Attack, they look very interesting. And I just saw Super Tetris 3 has a 4 player mode, how cool. There's also Tritus on the Amiga, it has a great 3 player mode, and Tetris 4D on the Dreamcast is also nice and has a fun 4 player mode.
Old 09 October 2012, 18:53   #65
Jonathan Drain

[ Show youtube player ]!

I never had the full game of this, only the CU Amiga demo. The demo version music was amazing. I could listen to that while solving puzzles for hours.
Old 09 October 2012, 20:08   #66
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
[ Show youtube player ]!

I never had the full game of this, only the CU Amiga demo. The demo version music was amazing. I could listen to that while solving puzzles for hours.
Great choice; its one of those games that succeeds in the "easy to learn, hard to master" deal. Ace intro too
Old 11 October 2012, 11:45   #67
weirdreams

Push Over

It was so funny
Old 11 October 2012, 11:47   #68
Sektor 83

I remember quite liking Locomotion and Logical at the time... haven't played either for a while, though!
Old 14 October 2012, 20:14   #69
-Acid-

Amiga: Outfall, Blobz, Bills Tomato Game, Springtime, Lemmings
NES: Tetris
DS: Tetris DS, Mahjong Quest Expeditions
PS: Bust A Move 4

Probably forgetting some other great games too
Old 14 October 2012, 20:30   #70
Sektor 83

Ah yeah, Bill's Tomato Game! That was another one I enjoyed plenty at the time!
Old 07 November 2012, 22:38   #71
Vollldo

I discovered Minskkes only 1 year ago too and it is one of my all time favorite too, a really wonderfull job yes !

I love a lot e-motion (incredibly funny in two players mode !), the teller (in three players mode it is the total chaos ahahahaha), and many more on plenty of systems... Puzzle bobble is a true classic on neo-geo, the gamecube version is superb too, twintris, outfall (same family than minskies !), logical,... Sooo much great titles !

Old 31 March 2013, 14:29   #72
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Neuronics

This is one of those "move and match" games like Puzznic but something about its polished graphics and soothing music, as well as brain-flexing puzzles, makes this my favourite Amiga puzzler.
soundtrack of Neuronics: [ Show youtube player ] [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by prowler; 04 April 2013 at 22:37. Reason: Pruned quote.
Old 04 April 2013, 19:38   #73
SWIV

Puzznic
Old 05 April 2013, 19:46   #74
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
[ Show youtube player ]!

Snap! I bought this game soon as it was released after playing the CU Amiga demo (I still miss demo's on magazines). The remake (PC) is cool too and has many extra levels. It's even available for Android too.

Amiga: Chip's Challenge - basic graphics that serve their purpose and annoying NTSC screen (these days can be full screen thanks to WinUAE!) but the game itself was addictive!

Playstation One: Landmaker - hard to get hold of game and I thought was underrated. However, the genre of this title also falls into battle and arcade so not quite a 100% puzzle game?
Old 05 April 2013, 20:01   #75
Marcuz

My fave is for GBA, Guru Logic Champ.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 April 2013, 02:05   #76
a-type

Deflektor! That music!

Old 12 June 2013, 10:33   #77
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
VL is a nice game itself, but it's a clone of Konami's Quarth arcade. There is a few other clones for Amiga as Powerstones or Rectangle, but my favourite was Age of Rock (you can get it in aminet), i suppose because as in your case, i got this first

With respect to my favourite puzzle games, well i remember pass a few afternoons of my youth in Atomix, E-Motion, Extase (Amazing Music!!!), Locomotion (very stressing game, but a lot of fun ), Pipemania, Stone Age, ... even Tangram
gameplay of Rectangle [ Show youtube player ]
Old 12 June 2013, 11:55   #78
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy View Post
Amiga: Chip's Challenge - basic graphics that serve their purpose and annoying NTSC screen (these days can be full screen thanks to WinUAE!) but the game itself was addictive!
What impresses me the most about this game is the sheer amount of levels - around 150 I believe; the last one being a maddening ice maze sliding puzzle which I never managed to solve. 150 bleeding levels, and all of them have that personal "I'm going to screw with your mind" kind of feel to them. Its not like they were haphazzardly thrown together by an intern, they were carefully designed by people who enjoyed doing that a whole lot.
Old 12 June 2013, 19:10   #79
Jason H

Buzzsaw is a nice falling blocks game for the ZX Spectrum that was made in 2011. I've been playing it a lot recently.