English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 25 June 2015, 15:28   #1
Sim085

Key logger Commodity with Source Code?

I am not trying to use this for wrong reasons. I would like to create a commodity myself but to be honest I do not know from where to start with C Amiga development.

I would like that when I start typing in Workbench and hit enter a program us run. For example if I wrote "WordWorth" the Commodity would start WordWorth7. If I type "Colonization" then it would run the game "Colonization".

I am not sure if something like this exists for the Workbench. This would mean no need of opening several folders or have a menu.
Old 25 June 2015, 16:40   #2
thomas

You should consider that a commoditiy sits in the input stream. It is not specific to an active application and AFAIK it cannot determine which application is active.

Therefore your commodity will run Wordworth not only when Workbench is active but also if you open a text editor and write "I like WordWorth as a word processor" into it.

Anyway, find attached an example of a standard commodity, i.e. it just listens for a hotkey and opens its GUI.
Attached Files
File Type: c commo.c (8.6 KB, 77 views)
Old 25 June 2015, 21:24   #3
Sim085

Thanks for the code thomas . I'll try to compile it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Anyway, find attached an example of a standard commodity, i.e. it just listens for a hotkey and opens its GUI.
You are right. Also if I am in a text editor and I want to run Paint I would be actually be typing "paint" in the text document even if I just wanted to run paint .

Quote:
You should consider that a commoditiy sits in the input stream. It is not specific to an active application and AFAIK it cannot determine which application is active.

Therefore your commodity will run Wordworth not only when Workbench is active but also if you open a text editor and write "I like WordWorth as a word processor" into it.
Old 25 June 2015, 21:50   #4
jimbob

Can you set a bunch of aliases for the programs you want a keyboard shortcut to run? Then you could just type Amiga+e (not sure if it is left or right amiga) to get a single command entry window then enter your shortcut name.
Old 25 June 2015, 23:06   #5
Sim085

What I am thinking is that the Amiga key would start another program (therefore taking focus) what you write is captured by this second program. When you hit enter the program tries to map the input with a program and tries to start that and exit (or simply no longer taking input). Like that if you are writing a document the program that you write does not finish written in the document.

Unfortunately I do not have much experience with Amiga development and therefore I am not sure how much of the above is possible or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Can you set a bunch of aliases for the programs you want a keyboard shortcut to run? Then you could just type Amiga+e (not sure if it is left or right amiga) to get a single command entry window then enter your shortcut name.
Old 28 June 2015, 15:33   #6
jimbob

That's kinda what Amiga+E does. Opens a window for entering a single command. Combined with the ALIAS command you can get what you want I think, no programming required.

For example, Classic WB has personal paint installed. The programs path is -

sys:Programs/ppaint/ppaint

I can add the line

ALIAS paint sys:Programs/ppaint/ppaint

to the file

S:User-Startup

Now pressing "right Amiga+e" and entering "paint" in the window will load ppaint.
Old 28 June 2015, 16:59   #7
thomas

Just for fun I completed the above example into a full project.

Now it sits in the background until you press the hotkey (Ctrl-R). Then it opens a list of predefined programs. You can choose one with the cursor keys or by entering a few letters into the input field. Press enter to run the program or Esc to hide the window.

The list of programs is configured as tooltypes in the commodity's icon. The format is TOOL=name,path where name is shown in the list and path is the command to run. For example TOOL=Multiview,Sys:Utilities/Multiview
Attached Files
File Type: lha commo.lha (30.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 30 June 2015, 12:21   #8
Sim085

I had not seen this. Thanks thomas I'll go an try it as soon as I am home.

Quote:
Old 04 July 2015, 17:44   #9
Sim085

That looks great. Just a question, what tool do you use to compile it?

Quote:
Old 04 July 2015, 18:43   #10
thomas

Unpack this to somewhere on your harddrive:
http://www.haage-partner.de/download/AmigaOS/NDK39.lha

Unpack these to ram: and install vbcc_bin first, then vbcc_target. When asked for the include directory select NDK_3.9/include/include_h from the archive above.
http://server.owl.de/~frank/vbcc/201...amigaos68k.lha
http://server.owl.de/~frank/vbcc/201...8k-amigaos.lha

Unpack this to ram: and copy ixemul-020s.library to libs:ixemul.library
http://aminet.net/dev/lib/ixemul-48.3-bin-m68k.lha

Unpack this to ram: and copy make to c:
http://aminet.net/dev/gg/make-382-bin-m68k.lha

Reboot. Then open a shell window, change to the commo directory and just enter make.
Old 06 July 2015, 01:09   #11
Sim085

Thanks thomas, managed to install. I was getting the following error when trying to create executable.

Code:
Fatal error 8: Cannot open "-ldebug": No such file or directory.
I guess this is because I have some missing library. To create executable I therefore removed "-ldebug" from makefile line "LIBS = -lamiga -lauto -ldebug" and ran command "make all"

Quote:
Unpack this to somewhere on your harddrive:

Last edited by Sim085; 06 July 2015 at 11:14.