English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 23 June 2016, 10:15   #21
NMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Process was painless and the two mice I had now work as good as new. The feel is more clicky and audibly louder, not as soft as the original switches, but then again this type of switch is pure garbage and eventually it'd be better to change them for microswitches as RedskullDC has suggested.
These micro switches are available with different "hardness", unfortunately it is almost never stated, (unless the seller provides the data sheet for that specific switch).
I have a few different ones i my spares box, if I get the time I will try to figure out what the force(/torque) rating was for the original switch used in the tank mouse.
Old 23 June 2016, 18:06   #22
Amiga1992

But this isn't a microswitch, I thought the clicky ones are microswitches.

Anyway, good to know, thanks for your info!
If you know any source for softer ones, post it here. I would think though, that softer ones are more prone to breaking than the harder ones? I would welcome a softer noise, it's REALLY loud with what I bought, quite distracting.
Old 24 June 2016, 15:44   #23
Jope
-

Indeed it is not a microswitch, it is a miniature tactile switch. :-) The internal mechanism is a metal dome that clicks flat when you push it. Very similar to the dome sheets found in old cellphone keymats, but just one dome. :-)

What we traditionally call microswitches have much more robust relay like contacts that get actuated when you close them.