English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 25 July 2020, 14:46   #1
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Issues with fixing Super Wormy (music player)

Hi all.

I'm glad some people are getting to enjoy Super Wormy the Worm Like Snake even if it is only in WinUAE. Gutted it's not working for more people.

The program was crashing on some configurations (especially real hardware) before even starting, so I set up a new HD in WinUAE and installed a fresh copy of Blitz2.1 which had a pile of user libs installed. My old Blitz from the Ultimate Blitz CD didn't even have a Blitzlibs: but the libraries still worked...

The resulting executable then loaded without crashing on the configurations it wouldn't before (including WinFellow!) but now would crash about a second in.

I removed all of the music commands and the game now works ok (albeit with some vblank tweaking to do for flicker). However there is no music.

My old Blitz used NeilsCIAtrackerlib and also did this crash after a few second on some configurations. The new install also used NeilsCIAtrackerlib but the commands have changed and SetTrackerMask no longer works (and is not even recognised) and ModulePositionJump had changed to SetTrackerVblank! I commented them out but the crash still happened.

But with no music it's working. That's not what I want though.

Anyone have a working tracker library for Blitz2.1? Preferable where I can jump as I store multiple tunes in one mod. And where I can mute a channel for SFX?

Cheers
Old 25 July 2020, 18:51   #2
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Igore this. Phx's (lib by idrougge) works great!