English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 23 July 2020, 14:36   #81
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I've never been an overly outdoorsy person, and I find large gatherings of people quite draining, to be honest.

And so, I am quite content to live and work from home. Working remotely means I avoid lengthy commutes, save money on train tickets and allows me to score abit of extra sleep in the morning.

The only thing that sucks is my Dad can't see his grandson because of the recent lockdown restrictions implemented in Victoria. Dad really misses him alot, and video chatting doesn't cut it for him.
Old 23 July 2020, 15:13   #82
chip
Amiga Demoscene Archive !

I really would like to work from home
Old 23 July 2020, 16:41   #83
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
How are you ..... is difficult for you to stay at home ?
I'm well, playing video games, enjoying backyard activities (pool, hot tub, gardening), following news and watching movies from time to time. Got some nice projects for my 11 years old and my 15 yo got guitar that she wanted for BDay, now learning with her how to play it. (She plays piano and violin, but wanted to learn how to play electric guitar ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Holy shit. Why would you say that? Is he out and about, keeping busy? Good on him I say! Better than being couped up, staring at the same four walls for the rest of your life scared about some supposed virus with a 0.01% mortaility rate and watching all the propaganda, mind control garbage on the idiot box. Good on him!
That is bit understatement, with 0.01%. My state (Michigan) has mortality rate of 8.15% from known confirmed cases. Where are you getting your data from?

Now, regarding my father, he is in age group where virus killed most of people his age, plus he has diabitis and still smoker. And yes, he is very active for his age, bit too active, considering his age and health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
The only thing that sucks is my Dad can't see his grandson because of the recent lockdown restrictions implemented in Victoria. Dad really misses him alot, and video chatting doesn't cut it for him.
I think I heard on news this morning that they gave mandatory mask wearing there. This is really hard on families that are very close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
I really would like to work from home
I even got slip from doctor recommending to work from home, but because of political climate here, I work form office past 2 months. I am only one wearing mask in office and we already had couple of people in production with Covid-19.

Last edited by Anubis; 23 July 2020 at 16:49.
Old 23 July 2020, 16:49   #84
chip
Amiga Demoscene Archive !

You are really a busy man Anubis
Old 23 July 2020, 21:10   #85
nobody

Quote:
Is he out and about, keeping busy? Good on him I say! Better than being couped up, staring at the same four walls for the rest of your life scared about some supposed virus with a 0.01% mortaility rate and watching all the propaganda, mind control garbage on the idiot box. Good on him!

Probably 100 times more than 0,01%.
Old 24 July 2020, 09:33   #86
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
I've got dry skin since a few weeks, itching on the chest and on the legs so I guess I'll change cleanser brand for starters. Eczema of sorts, not too sure about it.
I have something like that too by the way. Not consistent, just every now and then my right foot or lower leg flares up - and only on the right and only when I'm in bed for some reason. I tend to be able to calm it down by applying a skin moisturizer to it.

Eczema, allergic reaction to something... it's a boggle.
Old 24 July 2020, 12:30   #87
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

So I get tested this morning after developing cold/flu symptoms over the past few days.

The swab felt like pokers laced with industrial strength detergent were being shunted up my nose.

Now I have to isolate myself in a spare bedroom until the results get in.
Old 24 July 2020, 13:17   #88
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
So I get tested this morning after developing cold/flu symptoms over the past few days.

The swab felt like pokers laced with industrial strength detergent were being shunted up my nose.

Now I have to isolate myself in a spare bedroom until the results get in.

Funny thing, after testing one of coworkers was told to continue to work until results are in, which were positive btw. It is toxic when you politicize pandemic and we all will be paying this culture war price...

Hope you are OK and what you got is just normal flu.
Old 24 July 2020, 14:49   #89
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'm pretty sure Muzzy is going to be a-okay even if he managed to catch Covid. If you get it you might as well make the best of it and build up as much resistance as possible
Old 24 July 2020, 22:39   #90
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Probably 100 times more than 0,01%.
No. It is being greatly exaggerated by the media.
Old 25 July 2020, 06:25   #91
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
And you are getting your information out of your @ss??

Here is info for Michigan, not from media but from our government

Total Cases: 76541
Total Deaths: 6149

Mortality per case 8.03%

First of all, number itself is misleading, as usually deaths are 3-4 weeks behind big spikes and as of today USA has over 4mil cases and over 145k deaths. Somehow your number seems off a bit... by couple of hundreds times.

Are you also stable genius or you have some information behind what you are saying... if you are also talking out of your guts as our dear leader... please f@ck off.

I know, my state got bad hit at beginning, with Detroit area having most of deaths, but even today we have spikes all across the state with 595 new cases, but thankfully only 3 deaths.

Information here is public, everyone can access it and its drilled down to zip code, county and state. From number of tests to number of cases and deaths. If you or anyone else is interested, just ask for link.

Last edited by Anubis; 25 July 2020 at 06:34.
Old 25 July 2020, 10:00   #92
nobody

Quote:
Saying it again and again won't make it real. What i know and i read is that deaths in NY April 2020 were at least 4x of deaths April 2019 (30.000 / 5.000 something). And 90% of them were covid19. If you insist i can search and provide the links.
Old 25 July 2020, 15:51   #93
McTrinsic

Quote:

You may have seen those zombie-movies or movies about plagues where there always is an idiot doing something that is obvious stupid that I always thought ‚yeah sure that’s bad movie no one would act like that‘.

Now I am convinced that in those movies there are too few of them depicted.

Plus, you seem to be one of those to me.

Working in a healthcate/pharmaceutical company and having a degree in a related study I can only shake my head.

Or do the Picard-style facepalm.

Read about those who said the same as you and then were suddenly affected (infected) by SARS-Covid-19.

Like that drummer of that metal band who suddenly thinks that Satan isn’t as cool as he thought before .
Old 25 July 2020, 15:58   #94
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Hope you are OK and what you got is just normal flu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I'm pretty sure Muzzy is going to be a-okay even if he managed to catch Covid. If you get it you might as well make the best of it and build up as much resistance as possible
Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold.
Old 25 July 2020, 21:04   #95
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
And you are getting your information out of your @ss??

Here is info for Michigan, not from media but from our government

Total Cases: 76541
Total Deaths: 6149

Mortality per case 8.03%

First of all, number itself is misleading, as usually deaths are 3-4 weeks behind big spikes and as of today USA has over 4mil cases and over 145k deaths. Somehow your number seems off a bit... by couple of hundreds times.

Are you also stable genius or you have some information behind what you are saying... if you are also talking out of your guts as our dear leader... please f@ck off.

I know, my state got bad hit at beginning, with Detroit area having most of deaths, but even today we have spikes all across the state with 595 new cases, but thankfully only 3 deaths.

Information here is public, everyone can access it and its drilled down to zip code, county and state. From number of tests to number of cases and deaths. If you or anyone else is interested, just ask for link.
I have plenty of information behind what I am saying. There is plenty of information out there. The numbers are made up - its as simple as that. You're clearly a bit low on the old IQ scale so I'll let you off. If you're truly interested in learning the truth I'd start reading some useful information rather than what the propaganda channels put out.
Old 25 July 2020, 21:08   #96
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrinsic View Post
You may have seen those zombie-movies or movies about plagues where there always is an idiot doing something that is obvious stupid that I always thought ‚yeah sure that’s bad movie no one would act like that‘.

Now I am convinced that in those movies there are too few of them depicted.

Plus, you seem to be one of those to me.
Actually I spend most of my time reading now. I very rarely watch movies anymore. I've learned much about this world we live in and decided I wanted to know more. I've known all my life there was something wrong with this world and. I think a lot of people realise this but they're too scared to go there. Usually find the dumbest are the supposedly 'well educated'.
Old 25 July 2020, 21:35   #97
Paul_s
Stuck in the 80s

Quote:
I have plenty of information behind what I am saying. There is plenty of information out there. The numbers are made up - its as simple as that. You're clearly a bit low on the old IQ scale so I'll let you off. If you're truly interested in learning the truth I'd start reading some useful information rather than what the propaganda channels put out.
Over the past few months I've thought a lot about the Government's response to Covid-19, the Media, social media (I'm talking about the United Kingdom for my mini-rant).

Government - indecisive (which has cost many lives. I'm actually angry at how they've come across in both policy decisions and televised briefings), arrogant, mixed messaging, out of their depth, covering up for their colleagues etc. Government (medical - i.e. Whitty etc) advisors who are distancing themselves from senior Government ministers. They don't need to say anything at all - their body language gives everything away.

Media - They just amplify the above with their own spin on things. Take a large pinch of salt.

Social Media - Where do you start with this complete head mash? The government minister Twitter/Facebook/whatever feeds are clearly written by advisers or Social Media administrators who are relaying government advise of the day/moment/whatever colour the sky is today.
Members of the public who suddenly have virology qualifications. The list is endless.

I've become completely disillusioned by it all. As someone said in another thread (on another subject matter) the Internet has become weaponised in the messaging being given to the general public.

Steve, I respect your opinion but there are folk on both sides of the fence (I'm sat on the fence ) so we have to work together in one way or another. I'm not sure on the numbers being reported in both deaths or cases but clearly something is afoot - I can't see the whole world conspiring together - that would be impossible as a LOT of people would need to be involved in something so big. I personally wouldn't trust the UK government to run a bath though.

Last edited by Paul_s; 25 July 2020 at 21:43.
Old 26 July 2020, 00:07   #98
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Steve, I respect your opinion but there are folk on both sides of the fence (I'm sat on the fence ) so we have to work together in one way or another. I'm not sure on the numbers being reported in both deaths or cases but clearly something is afoot - I can't see the whole world conspiring together - that would be impossible as a LOT of people would need to be involved in something so big. I personally wouldn't trust the UK government to run a bath though.
Hi Paul. Thank you for your anger-free and expletive-less response. I understand a lot of what I say can upset people a great deal. I only try to explain what I've learned. I realise most people aren't ready to listen. I've had quite a bit of hate on Twitter for example but I keep plugging away. I completely understand when you say 'I can't see the whole world conspiring - that would be impossible'. Only a few years ago I would have said the exact same thing. Unfortunately what I've discovered is the whole world has been under control for a long time. The masses are only given the illusion that countries are independent etc. John F Kennedy gave a famous speech shortly before he was assassinated where he basically says the same thing. There has been a plan in place, and was agreed upon by 179 nations, to lockdown humanity and control all resources on the planet - not for our benefit but for the benefit of a small Elite group of individuals. The plan was Agenda 21 and this lockdown hoax is the start of that plan. Like I said there is a lot of information out there, they don't hide it, they just don't shout about it. Learn more about Agenda 21 and you'll start to understand what is really going on. This is a good introduction: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 July 2020, 06:11   #99
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
What about Sweden then, that thought they had good reasons not to order a lockdown (long time practice of social distancing outdoors culturally speaking, I assume) ? Oh wait, it must be the country in which the Agenda 21 committee reunions originated from.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 26 July 2020 at 06:21.
Old 26 July 2020, 06:49   #100
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
I am not sure if you are just trolling or possibly you are just another Russian or China bot. (5 cent army perhaps?!) It is just hard to believe that people can be that stupid and believe in conspiracy theories like that.

Before you share another example of your supreme IQ power, I have couple of friends and wife's cousin who are working in hospital here and know of terror they are facing on daily bases, as well I saw videos of idiots like your self who would walk into hospital to record covid-19 patients just to discover they don't keep them in lobby?! (who would guess - it must be hoax)

John Oliver covered this crap in last week's episode, I know you said you get your information just reading (probably Above Top Secret web site), I dare you, try to watch it. I am sure you will find yourself in that episode probably more than once.

[ Show youtube player ]

He actually covered most of shit you mentioned in earlier post.

I guess that you don't know anyone who had Corona, or who has it right now.

Last edited by Anubis; 26 July 2020 at 06:55.