English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 19 February 2020, 00:07   #41
DamienD
Banned

Oh, and thread renamed from "Shadowlands" --> "Shadowlands - How to create a Save Disk?"
Old 19 February 2020, 01:05   #42
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
[...] I've tested saving / loading numerous times and all good [...]
Old 19 February 2020, 01:25   #43
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Yup, and I think given that myself, plus many others before my attempts tonight, were unable to actually create "Save Disks" when using the original .IPFs or cracked 100% .ADFs... these should probably now be added into TOSEC

I'd hate for anyone else to have to try and work out how I eventually managed to create these (even though I documented the complete steps); it was an absolute nightmare at the end of the day
Old 19 February 2020, 21:04   #44
keithshaw3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Heya keithshaw3,

You'll be very happy to know that I've now got the following "Save Disks" created for both Shadowlands and Shadoworlds

I've tested saving / loading numerous times and all good, please see attached
OMG, thats amazing, thank you so much DamienD for taking the time to make these.

There is no way I could have done it, also great that no one else will have the same problem going forward
Old 19 February 2020, 21:08   #45
keithshaw3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Basically they got arsey because I fixed Speedball 2 for AGA machines for free, whereas their solution to the problem was to re-release the Kixx budget version again and charge those that already bought it all over again.

I'm not sure if what I did affected Kixx sales but i'm guessing they must have done, but then again, I think its wholly unfair to try and charge people again that supported them in the first place, just because the copy protection was the only reason it didn't work!
Sounds like you should have been paid to fix it instead of them getting arsey about it...

Sometimes though it's all about the money
Old 20 February 2020, 00:34   #46
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithshaw3 View Post
Sounds like you should have been paid to fix it instead of them getting arsey about it...

Sometimes though it's all about the money
Oh, I got paid by Future Publishing for it, their usual payment method was to pay by byte size of whatever was on the coverdisk, but for me the gave me a nominal £100 as the files were so small.

Just a shame The Bitmaps buggered it up for others, especially as a lot of games I fixed for future coverdisks were never fixed by publishers, so those that bought the games were screwed if the upgraded to A1200.
Old 20 February 2020, 11:09   #47
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Oh, I got paid by Future Publishing for it, their usual payment method was to pay by byte size of whatever was on the coverdisk, but for me the gave me a nominal £100 as the files were so small.
Lol really? Surely people deliberately made their files bigger than necessary in order to be paid more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Just a shame The Bitmaps buggered it up for others, especially as a lot of games I fixed for future coverdisks were never fixed by publishers, so those that bought the games were screwed if the upgraded to A1200.
I always knew the Bitmap Brothers were lamers. Shit coders, too. They couldn't even make Gods, the slowest platformer known to man kind, run in one frame. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 24 February 2020, 14:20   #48
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

DamienD's save disks also work in the MCE editor (it is identical to the format used by WHDLoad), so you can edit your health, strength, food, water, etc.

Last edited by Minuous; 24 February 2020 at 14:36.