English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 20 June 2011, 00:19   #21
Taff64

Silly me! Just an update I have done a system test and there is infact 8mb on the board. Not sure why said it was a 4mb card! The card seems to test fine on sysinfo and gives me very high speed results.

Pic of the board below

The battery has been removed on this pic as it was flat but I have installed a new one but it still makes no difference.
I have been reading a few forums and some people have commented on the original A1200 power supply not having enough juice to power some boards. Dunno if this is true or not!

Taff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m-tec.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	28907  
Old 20 June 2011, 01:10   #22
terexuk
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

have you got anything plugged into the pcmcia slot when you boot ?

the card you show is 4mb only ? Have a look at this link

http://bboah.amiga-resistance.info/c...cgi?HARDID=141

What else do you have plugged into the 1200 ? cd-rom etc

Also check the max transfer of the cf card

/

Last edited by terexuk; 20 June 2011 at 01:31.
Old 20 June 2011, 23:06   #23
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by terexuk View Post
have you got anything plugged into the pcmcia slot when you boot ?

the card you show is 4mb only ? Have a look at this link

http://bboah.amiga-resistance.info/c...cgi?HARDID=141

What else do you have plugged into the 1200 ? cd-rom etc

Also check the max transfer of the cf card

/
Hi. When I do a sysinfo check it says my board has 8mb! The memory info comes up as follows: -

Start address - $00200000
End address - $009FFFFF
Total Size - 8.0MB
Memory Type - FAST RAM PUBLIC 24BitDMA
Priority 0
Lower Bound - $00200020
Upper Bound - $00A00000
First Address - $002022A8
Amount Free - 7775016 Bytes
Largest Block - 7746912 Bytes
Number of Chunks - 78
Node Name - Expansion Memory

The other screen on sysinfo shows the basic 2mb Chip mem

Not sure how this can be when you have just shown me that link that states its a 4mb card! Completely bizarre! I don't have anything else attached to the A1200. It's just a plain A1200.
The CF card is a Transcend 133x 4GB. The transfer speed
is as follows: -

Ultra-fast 133X performance with dual-channel support
- Conforms to CF Type I standards
- Data transfer rate: 15~40MB/sec(Max*)
- Supports Ultra DMA mode 0-4**
Old 21 June 2011, 00:26   #24
roy bates

silly question but is the memory showing on the workbench sreen.
and is the card getting exessively hot at any time just curios.
im asking because dident some of these cards get shipped with overclocked proccesors.
edit:-yep it was deffinitly this one and the very early one that took simms they where flakey as hell do to it using 20mhz chips at 28mhz without cooling of any kind.
i only remember because i had one back in the day and it did really strange things after about 5-10 minutes had to send the damn thing back.
what speed does sysinfo say its running at in mhz?

Last edited by roy bates; 21 June 2011 at 00:36. Reason: remembered the card from picture
Old 21 June 2011, 11:26   #25
terexuk

go into tools/hdtoolbox and select your drive , click partition drive then click advanced options then click change filesysystem

change your maxtransfer settings to 0x1fe00 on each partition , make sure you press enter after each entry

try it again
Old 21 June 2011, 21:45   #26
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
silly question but is the memory showing on the workbench sreen.
and is the card getting exessively hot at any time just curios.
im asking because dident some of these cards get shipped with overclocked proccesors.
edit:-yep it was deffinitly this one and the very early one that took simms they where flakey as hell do to it using 20mhz chips at 28mhz without cooling of any kind.
i only remember because i had one back in the day and it did really strange things after about 5-10 minutes had to send the damn thing back.
what speed does sysinfo say its running at in mhz?
Memory on workbench shows 1,978,152 graphics mem and 7,898,920 other mem.
Says the processor is running at 45.30 mhz! 68030
Comment - Smell the rubber!

Taff
Old 21 June 2011, 21:59   #27
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by terexuk View Post
go into tools/hdtoolbox and select your drive , click partition drive then click advanced options then click change filesysystem

change your maxtransfer settings to 0x1fe00 on each partition , make sure you press enter after each entry

try it again

Hi. Each partition already have those settings!

Thanks anyways.

Taff
Old 22 June 2011, 10:50   #28
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff64 View Post
Memory on workbench shows 1,978,152 graphics mem and 7,898,920 other mem.
Says the processor is running at 45.30 mhz! 68030
Comment - Smell the rubber!

Taff

can you take a picture of both sides of the accelorator and post it here please.
i think you have a viper.(the one you are actually using).
has it got a crystal oscillator(small silver rectangle component)if so what does it say on it.
as the picture you posted before has 8mb dont worry this will make sense.
you can use your mobile phone just make sure its in focus.

Last edited by roy bates; 22 June 2011 at 12:55. Reason: tired from working on a project
Old 22 June 2011, 22:59   #29
Taff64

Quote:
can you take a picture of both sides of the accelorator and post it here please.
i think you have a viper.(the one you are actually using).
has it got a crystal oscillator(small silver rectangle component)if so what does it say on it.
as the picture you posted before has 8mb dont worry this will make sense.
you can use your mobile phone just make sure its in focus.

The back of the board is plain and has no components attached to it. I cannot see a rectangle silver component but there is one on the front of the board as seen in the photo near to the bottom left.
Near to the motherbaord connector on the reverse of the card it says M-TEC T1230 LC Rev 1.0. I can take another picture if you wish of the back of the board but from what I can see its just the soldered pins from the components from the front of the board.
I have tried a few AGA floppy games and all run fine so there is nothing wrong with the card.
If I can get WHDLOAD to work with the card then I will definately register it. I think somebody mentioned on here about a WHDLOAD.bak file. I cannot seem to find that on my CF hard disk so maybe it has been blacklisted unless I am looking in the wrong folder.
Whats the best way to transfer a new copy of WHDLOAD onto the harddisk? There is a pre-installed AMI-PC link software program on the CF hard disk which I have used in the past to convert ADF files back to floppy with a parallel cable. A bit slow I know but maybe that will work.
The current version of WHDLOAD on my CF drive is 16.9 but I believe there is a newer version.

Taff
Old 22 June 2011, 23:17   #30
roy bates

you can get the WHDLOAD install from there site go to google type in WHDLOAD and download from there site.cant remember the link.
try you accelorator with the trapdoor open.the crystal you can see in your pic is for the rtc.
and yes it is true about a bigger powersupply try a A500 supply there better for this.
to transfer the file you can use an cf card reader that plugs into your pc via the usb port hope that helps.
btw:-the WHDLOAD.BAK file is in the same place as the key if you have it also there should be a drawer in devs called KICKSTARTS that whdload requires to work properly.

Last edited by roy bates; 22 June 2011 at 23:26.
Old 22 June 2011, 23:31   #31
Taff64

Quote:
you can get the WHDLOAD install from there site go to google type in WHDLOAD and download from there site.cant remember the link.
try you accelorator with the trapdoor open.the crystal you can see in your pic is for the rtc.
and yes it is true about a bigger powersupply try a A500 supply there better for this.
to transfer the file you can use an cf card reader that plugs into your pc via the usb port hope that helps.

Cool, I have a CF reader on the PC. Do I need to unzip the WHDLOAD file on the PC first then just copy and paste onto the CF card? If so which folder on the CF card which has all the Amiga games etc on already. I will have to open my Amiga and disconnect the CF hard disk from the adapter to do this but no problem. When I re-install WHDLOAD on the Amiga will it replace the version already on the CF hard disk? Sorry for all the questions but its been a long time since I installed stuff on the Amiga!
I have also tried my A500 power supply but that did not make any difference.

Thanks.

Taff
Old 22 June 2011, 23:39   #32
roy bates

ok the file you download has to be unpacked on your amiga .its in LHA format.
yes you drag and drop it into workbench .
BUT before you go ahead and do all of that check you have the drawer KICKSTARTS in your DEVS drawer first as you will find that no pre-AGA games work.
dont worry about all the questions theres always someone here to help if they can but please check these first!!
the drawer KICKSTARTS holds the kickstarts for ALL the amigas for WHDLOAD the AGA ones work because you allready have an A1200 you see!
right i think the file you need is called ( skick346.lha ) its on aminet if im wrong someone please correct me as these files are needed.

Last edited by roy bates; 22 June 2011 at 23:58.
Old 23 June 2011, 00:16   #33
Taff64

Quote:
ok the file you download has to be unpacked on your amiga .its in LHA format.
yes you drag and drop it into workbench .
BUT before you go ahead and do all of that check you have the drawer KICKSTARTS in your DEVS drawer first as you will find that no pre-AGA games work.
dont worry about all the questions theres always someone here to help if they can but please check these first!!
the drawer KICKSTARTS holds the kickstarts for ALL the amigas for WHDLOAD the AGA ones work because you allready have an A1200 you see!
right i think the file you need is called ( skick346.lha ) its on aminet if im wrong someone please correct me as these files are needed.
I have all the kickstarts in the devs folder already.
I have unpacked the zip file on the PC and there are 3 folders:-

'C' which contains the following files 'DIC, Patcher, RawDIC, WHDLOAD, WHDLOADCD32'
'S' which contains the file 'WHDLOAD.prefs'
'DOCS' which has numerous folders
Then there are 2 files not in folders 'Install, Installer'

All these files don't seem to be LHA files. Do i just need to run the installer file on the amiga?

Taff
Old 23 June 2011, 00:30   #34
roy bates

right im going to try and make this as easy as possible.
1pen workbench
2pen devs
3:left click and use the option show all
4pen kickstarts and again show all
5: look for the following files
kick33180.a500.rtb
kick33192.a500.rtb
kick34005.a500
kick34005.a500.rtb
kick40063.a600.rtb
kick40068.a1200
kick40068.a1200.rtb
kick40068.a4000.rtb
if any of these files are missing the games that use the files that are missing will not work.
well you can just drag and drop them to there corresponding drawer in workbench dont worry about the docs.

'C' which contains the following files 'DIC, Patcher, RawDIC, WHDLOAD, WHDLOADCD32'

All these files don't seem to be LHA files. Do i just need to run the installer file on the amiga?

Taff[/quote]

yes just drag and drop them to tere corresponding drawer in workbench OR drop the hole lot to workbench then run the installer .

Last edited by TCD; 23 June 2011 at 00:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 23 June 2011, 09:05   #35
1time
Amiga Lover

Since M-Tec can be a bit troubled, I strongly recommend that you run the latest version of the WDHLoad as some fixes have been made just for the card you use. http://whdload.de/whdload/whd170.lha Updated 06-Mar-2011

I would think that this solves your problem.
Old 24 June 2011, 00:06   #36
Taff64

Quote:
right im going to try and make this as easy as possible.
1pen workbench
2pen devs
3:left click and use the option show all
4pen kickstarts and again show all
5: look for the following files
kick33180.a500.rtb
kick33192.a500.rtb
kick34005.a500
kick34005.a500.rtb
kick40063.a600.rtb
kick40068.a1200
kick40068.a1200.rtb
kick40068.a4000.rtb
if any of these files are missing the games that use the files that are missing will not work.
well you can just drag and drop them to there corresponding drawer in workbench dont worry about the docs.

Taff
yes just drag and drop them to tere corresponding drawer in workbench OR drop the hole lot to workbench then run the installer .[/quote]

Got another problem now! I have plugged the CF card into my PC card reader but it is asking if I want to format it! Obviously its an amiga formated drive. Is there any software than can read it on the PC? I believe you can use UAE but I am having problems! How do I drop the files onto the hard drive via UAE? I'm completely stuck!!

Thanks

Taff
Old 24 June 2011, 00:58   #37
roy bates

boy oh boy you really are having problems ok ile try to explain.
first make a folder on your desktop and call it something like AMIGA.
then put the files that you need in that folder.
then run AUE and look down the list of options and mount your cf card as a hdf file.
then mount the drawer you just made with your files in and boot .
you should see your disk plus the drawer you made then drag and drop them good luck.
Old 24 June 2011, 15:53   #38
Taff64

Quote:
boy oh boy you really are having problems ok ile try to explain.
first make a folder on your desktop and call it something like AMIGA.
then put the files that you need in that folder.
then run AUE and look down the list of options and mount your cf card as a hdf file.
then mount the drawer you just made with your files in and boot .
you should see your disk plus the drawer you made then drag and drop them good luck.
Thanks for all this help but everytime I try to add the CF drive in UAE it keeps telling me to format it before I can use it! Sorry for giving everyone a headache.
I am running Windows 7 with UAE 2.3.2. I have to run UAE as administrator to stop the 'add hard drive' button to be greyed out also.

Taff
Old 24 June 2011, 16:34   #39
roy bates

sorry about that ive got xp i dont know how to get around it in windows 7,hasent it got a control panel?
Old 24 June 2011, 20:24   #40
terexuk

go to the shortcut for winuae, right click, select properties,where it says target, add the line -disablehardrivesafetycheck it should then allow you to select your drive