English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Technical

Old 30 June 2018, 05:34   #1
jmmijo

How To Guide: Converting Steam Items to GEMS

I found this with a Google search and hope others find it useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comme...mber_of_items/

Basically it uses the F12 or Debugger tool built-in to most web browsers to run a special js code snippet on the Steam Inventory Page so you can multi-convert a ton of items using the 1-click turn into GEMS function of either Chrome or Firefox.

They are showing it under a different plugin that I don't use but found it works fine under the Enhanced Steam Plugin for Chrome.

I also just do a single page then manually refresh using F5 and start anew until I have all the cheap items converted.

Nice function in that it works on both the items that can be tradeable along with the items marked with a cooldown period.

Of course it still put all these into a pile of gems marked with that cooldown expiration, so I just did a bunch of them expiring on July 6th and now have a huge pile of gems of about 5K