English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 18 August 2009, 08:55   #1
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

EasyNet, wireless and wired.....

Okies... I'm at a loss now... I've bought another wired PC-card for the 1200... I used the exact same setting as for the wireless card, I only changed the dirver from Prism2 to the 3com one....

Funny thing:

With the wireless card, I can surf the net, but can't see any of the other computers

With the wired, I can connect to the other computers, but can't surf the 'net.

As I said, EXACT same setting, only changed the driver.....

Alos I get the same result trying Miami, MiamiDX and Genesis..... :/
Old 18 August 2009, 09:31   #2
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Any time you can reach some things on a network but not all things you might want to focus on DNS servers, default gateway and Netmask.

Using ping, can you ping your router? How about the internet by name? How about by IP? Are you using the 3COM Sana2 driver?

If you post your settings I can try and assist. Network settings from a working Mac or PC (ipconfig /all) on your network would help a lot too.
Old 18 August 2009, 15:54   #3
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

As I said... I only changed the driver from Prism2 to the 3com one that comes with the EasyNET 3com card... 3C589.device, I believe?

With then DNS, gateway and netmask being the exact same, you would think I get the same results with both wired and wireless.... right?

right at the moment now I'm trying to recover some stuff on the PC, the MFT became corrupted on the drive with all me mp3's on.... but I'll post my settings and such as soon as I'm up and running again.
Old 18 August 2009, 18:19   #4
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mindie View Post
As I said... I only changed the driver from Prism2 to the 3com one that comes with the EasyNET 3com card... 3C589.device, I believe?

With then DNS, gateway and netmask being the exact same, you would think I get the same results with both wired and wireless.... right?

right at the moment now I'm trying to recover some stuff on the PC, the MFT became corrupted on the drive with all me mp3's on.... but I'll post my settings and such as soon as I'm up and running again.
Right, you would think that this would be all you need to do but I am concerned that upon changing the driver that it may reset settings?

What is your primary TCP/IP stack? I use MiamiDX but keep AmiTCP/Genesis around for the telnetd.device my bbs uses. My point there is just that we need to make sure we are troubleshooting the right stack.

I just want to become familiar with a network before I start troubleshooting it, so info on your LAN would be most helpful. The fact that the Amiga can reach some things as opposed to nothing makes me think it is a configuration issue in the network settings and not the driver or hardware itself.
Old 19 August 2009, 00:25   #5
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Mmmm... seeing as I've booted from Hiren's right now, I can't really get to check the internals of the network..... well, other than what's on the Amiga, that is.

Pinging from Amiga to this PC, OK. Can't ping the Amiga from Hiren's, it seems

Right now, I'm using MiamiDX (I don't really have a need for anything else.... ) with dynamic IP, netmask.

And how strange..... Just tried to go on the web with the Amiga.... and it seems to work.... so I guess then there's something on my Winslows computer that is screwing up somewhere..... :scratch

AAANND guess what..... it's screwed up again.. I got onto one single webpage, and clicked login..... and then I couldn't get anymore webpages at all

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 19 August 2009 at 00:35.