English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 September 2006, 17:47   #41
Ultron
Something

Man, a lot of people need to get laid - fast.
Old 19 September 2006, 00:45   #42
PaulyQ

Just reading through that full thread has made me go a little dizzy... yup, they are fanboys of the highest order and obviously beleive there is going to be a "second coming", OS5 is around the corner...... bet it's a bloody big corner.... or at least a never ending one.

I truly beleive that they actually believe their own hype and bull.(if this thread is to be believed).

Lets get a reality check.... nothing is going to bring about the resurgence of the once great Amiga, the OS is jumping into POS systems and infotainment machines as well as mobiles/pda's. No signs of it hitting an Intel or Mac....EVER - so don;t hold your breath.
Old 19 September 2006, 02:28   #43
Ultron
Something

The funniest part was that Troika first promised a big full reveal of Amy '05 - which as the name tells should've been released in 2005 - in BB4, then they changed to promising a presentation of a non-working board, and as it turn out they appeared with not even a non-working board(!), claiming it got stuck in costumes.

LOL, LOL, and then some more LOL
Old 19 September 2006, 02:58   #44
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

At this point, I'm thinking the Amiga's only hope of ever coming back is to get bought by Apple or Microsoft and get marketed as a gaming and video editing machine. Because nothing else is working. If Apple bought Amiga and marketed it, which I know they would do because they market the iPod up the wazoo, the computer would sell. I don't know the whole story of course, but I believe Commodore went under because of horrible marketing (and a stupid upper management) but mostly marketing. All the Amiga needs is a spotlight and some highly paid professionals working on it to make it consumer friendly.
Old 19 September 2006, 03:50   #45
PaulyQ

And which model would it sell? To be honest, if it was a viable option to produce a machine do you not think that Apple or MS haven't thought about it? They are the market leaders and obviously know there stuff.....so again, I wouldn;t hold your breath on that one either. If I remember correctly there was rumours kicking about in around 97 when MS had allegedly taken an A4000 into their HQ.....for what reason we do not know to this day!!

Releasing a 68060/PPC A4000 with Gfx card ain't gonna do much in this day and age(with regards to sales), and it would cost too much to develop.

But an Apple console? Interesting idea!!
Old 19 September 2006, 06:23   #46
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

Nothing seems feasible anymore
Old 19 September 2006, 10:42   #47
amiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500

... How about a super small "Amiga in your pocket" (Marketing tagline "The new Pocket Amiga is so small, it'll make your genitals look HUGE.").

Kidding aside, we already have an Amiga in our pockets.
Take WinUAE (or E-UAE), put it in a USB pen drive and carry it in your pocket.
Whenever u need it, plug it on a PC/Mac and just use it ON TOP of Win/MacOS desktop.

Note: This is how I DO IT.
You are free to waste money and time on those non-sense clones that claim themselves "Amiga-like" !!
Old 19 September 2006, 13:59   #48
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing_1000
Nothing seems feasible anymore
It isn't.

But what's wrong with freewaring and abandonwaring all the Amiga copys and tm's? It's all useless now.

A good emulation community is all that's needed, look at Spectrum, C64, Snes, MAME? They have a lot more than we do.

Unfortunately the real problem here is the vultures who want every last peck at making money out of the amiga carcass. Can someone give me a single reason why Kickstart 1.3 and 3.1 as well as respective Workbenches haven't been abandonwared, freewared by now? It's nonsensical, the Amiga is the only platform still in a bind.

Free it already
Old 19 September 2006, 14:36   #49
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

I bought Cloanto software a year or two ago not knowing about how the Amiga should be freeware now. Of course I'm sure you're referring to Cloanto's selling of the Amiga roms. Some of the videos were really cool that came with all that, but I don't believe they should continue selling the roms etc for money like that.
Old 23 September 2006, 13:55   #50
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jrjacobs76/

Last edited by Minuous; 25 October 2006 at 21:37.
Old 23 September 2006, 15:14   #51
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous
The real difference is that these communities don't have dickheads like glwxx and Cloanto going around hassling people about it.
I didn't want to comment on this but now it's just too much...

For f$%k sake Minuous, can you just drop the shite now

Take a read of this thread, look what your continued bitching has now achieved: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=25728

What's happened has happened. Just leave it now...

Grow up please!
Old 23 September 2006, 21:18   #52
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

I'm concerned about Bill McEwen's Grandma, he doesn't seem to have mentioned her at all...perhaps Amiga.inc's only employee has been shipped off to a retirement home!
Old 24 September 2006, 06:15   #53
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

pulls shirt collar nervously:: Sorry guys. It was not my intention to start a fight/debate.
Old 01 October 2006, 03:23   #54
guru64
Oldskool God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
nowadays powerful machines are not sized for creation : object languages killed the sequential essence of programming and its hardlink with hardware, music trackers are way too complex and mainly techno oriented, games are boring and non creative, tools in general are way too professional...what is a kid looking for switching his computer on ? violent pure nonsense games, great rendering clueless games, internet shit to compensate for his laziness, cheap music and movies...
dude, that's pure crap. you obviously have developed some kind of tunnel vision.

example: music trackers. there's a really good tracker for windows:http://www.renoise.com/

you can still code in c on Windows, although c++ or c# or whatever you like. even basic, if you prefer.

Games: there's thousands of games on PC that are fun to play and not violent! Even Monkey Island 3 (or was it 4?), Warblade (great Galaga clone), and not to forget WinUAE!!!

get a clue. you can even run Linux if you hate M$!
Old 01 October 2006, 03:58   #55
Marcuz

i think pbareges has a point: games are entertainment, and then companies invest money on it. they are businness and so they have to be marketable. to be marketed they need to appeal cosumers. what today pass for entertainment has defined characteristics in terms of confection (all what it is around the basic interaction) wick lack qualifies a game/experience not professional, not interesting, not marketable. these characteristics require highly professional developers and higly professional abilities to be implemented. this is pretty much what happens to the big numbers area. you of course are free to invest your time in home-make lighter stuff, and what you'll get can even be smart and entertaining products. that will interest only a small niche of the users
Old 01 October 2006, 20:53   #56
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
same ol story...

the people who don't believe or don't care should stay out of it and the people who do believe will either be rewarded or disappointed...

either way, anything deserves a chance as opposed to complete closure...

it's a bit like a sequel or a movie you'd like seen made... regardless of the exact quality of it at least someone bothered to try... and if you're a fan you still appreciate it...

I'm tired of seeing most peoples disbelief or uncertainity... the positive side don't need someone elses realism, they need to be left alone to support each other...

everyone else should fuck off

we don't care if you are right... we only care about Amiga... we will deal with our own demons if need be...
You exhibit the classic symptoms of fanaticism.
Hence, you suck.