English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 April 2011, 00:15   #2021
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi, ACATune attached - docs are in the first archive
Attached Files
File Type: lha ACATune_V10.lha (15.8 KB, 371 views)
File Type: lha ACATune_V102B5.lha (8.8 KB, 268 views)
File Type: lha ACATune_V102B6.lha (8.8 KB, 290 views)
Old 18 April 2011, 00:17   #2022
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I will be doing an Unofficial support page. Was planing to finish it this comming week, but Im away for Easter Break.
Old 18 April 2011, 00:18   #2023
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I will be doing an Unofficial support page. Was planing to finish it this comming week, but Im away for Easter Break.
Nice one FOL - That will really help peeps out

Enjoy your break
Old 18 April 2011, 00:23   #2024
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Nice one FOL - That will really help peeps out

Enjoy your break
Doh, now Im debating wether to take my laptop I use for work with me.
Could set it up as a standalone server to work on it, .

Damn the amiga community, .
Old 18 April 2011, 00:25   #2025
amigakit.com

@FOL

Take a well deserved week off- no laptops!
Old 18 April 2011, 00:47   #2026
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@FOL

Take a well deserved week off- no laptops!
Aye, your proberly right.
Besides I value my limbs more, . (looks round for the wife)
Old 18 April 2011, 01:15   #2027
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Cool I've been waiting for this. So I assume you have the latest version of the firmware as well as fitting instructions.

Also, will you have that ACTune GUI you guys developed available to download?
Old 18 April 2011, 12:17   #2028
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Good news on the stability front!

Hi,

just got feedback from Vesalia that the memory stability problems of the 42MHz version are solved. This was also one of those problems that I could not reproduce here, so it took a few iterations of sending things back and forth, but ultimately the precise error description has lead to a solid solution.

The trouble was - once again - power supply related. Some PSUs cause more noise than others, and if it's "on the edge", then you get a funny effect: The memory is stable with no keyboard connected, and it's getting unstable (showing 0MB fastmem most of the time) if the keyboard is connected.

This noise is a matter of a few nanoseconds only, and I managed to get around it in pure logic. All new 42MHz cards have this fix already applied.

This makes one issue left: Graphics errors with 28MHz cards. I do have a board from AmigaKit here that supposedly has this trouble, but I haven't been able to reproduce it until now. As Vesalia has a few bad power supplies with lots of noise, they will now ship these PSUs to me, so I can tackle this final problem (hoping that I can reproduce it by combining these "bad" units).

Jens
Old 18 April 2011, 15:29   #2029
Amigaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Hi,

just got feedback from Vesalia that the memory stability problems of the 42MHz version are solved. This was also one of those problems that I could not reproduce here, so it took a few iterations of sending things back and forth, but ultimately the precise error description has lead to a solid solution.

The trouble was - once again - power supply related. Some PSUs cause more noise than others, and if it's "on the edge", then you get a funny effect: The memory is stable with no keyboard connected, and it's getting unstable (showing 0MB fastmem most of the time) if the keyboard is connected.

This noise is a matter of a few nanoseconds only, and I managed to get around it in pure logic. All new 42MHz cards have this fix already applied.

This makes one issue left: Graphics errors with 28MHz cards. I do have a board from AmigaKit here that supposedly has this trouble, but I haven't been able to reproduce it until now. As Vesalia has a few bad power supplies with lots of noise, they will now ship these PSUs to me, so I can tackle this final problem (hoping that I can reproduce it by combining these "bad" units).

Jens

You just don't get this sort of dedication from other places.

Anyone ever had a problem with a graphics card from NVidia or similar that just casues all sorts of problems. If the fix isn't in the FAQs or a software update, its very much "Tough luck" and you go and buy a new card. Not with Jens, once again proving 'He the man!'
Old 18 April 2011, 17:05   #2030
netagra

Jens, thank you for everything you do to us!
Old 19 April 2011, 07:22   #2031
AmigaDave

Yes, thanks Jens for all of your work and great products that we can't get from anywhere else.

To the rest of you, be careful about giving Jens too much praise, I saw him at last year's AmiWest Show and his head is getting so big that if you praise him too much, it will soon burst, or be too heavy for him to continue working on any Amiga products!
Old 22 April 2011, 00:56   #2032
thgill

Was having some issues with my 1200 locking up with the ACA1230/28.

Sometimes I would get video corruption other times just a hard lock.

Seemed worse with the ACATune software in the startup. Removed it and it was better, though still occasionally seeing issues. It would lock up within 30 seconds of starting the Jesus on E's demo if I had the ACATune software loaded.

Performed the timing fix and I can say it appears to have fixed the issue! Removed both E123C and E125C and the problems appear to be gone. Been running Jesus on E's for about 25 minutes straight with NO problems with the ACATune running.

Need to do some more testing, but I feel confident this resolved my issues.

Specs:

1D1 motherboard
ACA1230/28
PNY 4GB CF card
ATX power supply
3.1 Roms
Old 23 April 2011, 00:34   #2033
Claw22000

Quote:
So I downloaded all 3 of these and my ACA 030 28Mhz is on its way. What's the difference between the last to files listed? I know there 2 different versions. Is that because of compatibility or some other reason?

Just thought I would check as I'm going to prep the drive and other stuff before it gets here so when it does its a few small changes and bam I'm good.

Thanks

I can barely contain my excitement!
Old 23 April 2011, 00:38   #2034
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw22000 View Post
So I downloaded all 3 of these and my ACA 030 28Mhz is on its way. What's the difference between the last to files listed? I know there 2 different versions. Is that because of compatibility or some other reason?

Just thought I would check as I'm going to prep the drive and other stuff before it gets here so when it does its a few small changes and bam I'm good.

Thanks

I can barely contain my excitement!
Of the three file the first is the first release, the second is the update. The third file was only released for the 42mhz version of the card which was not supported by the origianal release/update.

The first file is also the only one to contain the documentation.

Steve.
Old 23 April 2011, 23:36   #2035
Claw22000

Quote:
Of the three file the first is the first release, the second is the update. The third file was only released for the 42mhz version of the card which was not supported by the origianal release/update.

The first file is also the only one to contain the documentation.

Steve.
So do I need to install the first file the upgrade or can I just install the second one?
Old 24 April 2011, 14:32   #2036
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
So do I need to install the first file the upgrade or can I just install the second one?
Second file is what you want, Beta 5 if I recall.
However I think the 42MHz version works just fine, it only adds the 42MHz card to the compatability list.
Old 24 April 2011, 15:06   #2037
Claw22000

Cool I can't wait to mess with it. After reading the guide. I can't tell what the best settings will be. I have to use loadmodule scsi.device because of a 60gig so which should be first the scsi.device ot acatune? I do plan on maprom and it says it needs special memory. Thanks 4 your help.
Old 24 April 2011, 16:06   #2038
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Cool I can't wait to mess with it. After reading the guide. I can't tell what the best settings will be. I have to use loadmodule scsi.device because of a 60gig so which should be first the scsi.device ot acatune? I do plan on maprom and it says it needs special memory. Thanks 4 your help.
ACATune, should always be first line of startup sequence.

It would proberly be better following the custom rom guide thats posted here somewhere.
You can then update your kickstart and use ACATune to boot it. Saves you the hastle of loadmodule etc etc.
Old 24 April 2011, 18:50   #2039
Claw22000

I would defiantly be interested in that. Is it posible to add cd rom support like the cd32 has aswell? When I'm at a computer I will have to check that out.
Old 24 April 2011, 20:03   #2040
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I would defiantly be interested in that. Is it posible to add cd rom support like the cd32 has aswell? When I'm at a computer I will have to check that out.
Just use the CD32 emulator from the squirrel drivers disk.
It lets you insert your game cd in workbench, then tweak it (with the config tool) for each disc, for 100% compatability.
All the games that didnt work for me, I added fast ram, or disabled caches and they now all work perfect.