English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 01 July 2018, 18:24   #1
Solderbro

Greetings from the Waterkant

Hello, just a short introduction.

Grown up in Hamburg, a city with many bridges and lot's of green environment around. In my apprenticeship i bought my first C64 with the expensive and slow floppy, over a C128D it goes on to Amiga 600, CD32, A3000. Every machine was some way tuned, optimized and used many years long. Soldering and working with TTL logic on home computers was always fun for me.

Hamburg had the specialized Amiga shop called Mecomp these years, they ordered rare stuff through Europe for the customers. But around 2000 i sold my Amiga collection away to work with Linux PC's as the cheaper platform.
In 2014 i bought a A600 and this year another for rework. I liked this tiny Amiga so much for the internal expansions that can be hidden in the case. So it's no wonder that both machines are tuned inside. One will stay here and the 'pure' one without yellowing will be offered later for sale.

Today working with electronic is a interesting hobby, with my Zhongdi solder station and Gongjue / Yihua SMD tools no chip will resist to leave his pins

So from here i send out greetings to all Amiga lovers and active users, the last real home computer. Like the last V8
Old 01 July 2018, 18:59   #2
chip

Welcome to the forum Solderbro
Old 01 July 2018, 21:47   #3

Welcome and beautiful introduction