English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 19 October 2017, 01:07   #2661
RiotRetroGaming
Riot Retro Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedy View Post
Hi,

With regard to IDE LEDs, if a rev 2 TF328 is made, connect pin 39 of the IDE connector to pin 126 of the edge connector, then the CD activity light will also double as the IDE activity light.

For a mod, you can wire to pin 39 of the IDE connector (on the underside as it's easier) and connect to R634, find it here: http://beta.amigapcb.org/

The DCE SX32 uses the same method.

Ian

Awesome!!!

Can you also jumper the rear of the riser to do the same thing at all?
Old 19 October 2017, 01:18   #2662
RiotRetroGaming
Riot Retro Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooBumbleBeeoo View Post
Awesome!!!

Can you also jumper the rear of the riser to do the same thing at all?
EDIT: I'm guessing you have to have an ide line to the zorro like the A600/A1200 to do that. Bugger
Old 19 October 2017, 01:30   #2663
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigadude View Post
Flashed solidcore's 0ws firmware to my TF328 with Samsung RAM got 2814 dhrystones whatever they are... but the bit I noticed most was the fact the drive speed went from 1.5MB/s to 2MB/s

Looking at doing the LED mod on the CF reader cos the grey screen is still a little long with no sign of activity... probably look thru my extensive pile of dead laptops and addons for a suitable part donor cos reuse/recycle not just cos I'm a tightwad yorkshireman...
Get about 2.92 on a ide to cf card 4gb. With the same firmware as your running so I believe the bottleneck is your ide for some reason ? . Grey screen doesn't feel too long but then again I enjoy watching the led light up.. easily entertained
Old 19 October 2017, 12:33   #2664
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Majority of PC keyboards today do not have the "right-windows" key, and instead only have "menu" key there, so I tend to map the "menu" key to "right-amiga".

Or, much rather, not use PC keyboard at all.
Alot use key combinations. Mine uses menu + Scr Lk to do right Windows key.

@SuperDuper.
How long did it take for your programmer to arrive. As mine landed in UK on 12th and tracking has never been updated since.

Last edited by FOL; 19 October 2017 at 12:38.
Old 19 October 2017, 12:44   #2665
alenppc

Any experiences programming the pic on kipper's adapter? After lots of experimenting, I figured out that the pic configuration check marks are all to be left blank except for FOSCO1 bit, but it still seems to be a hit and miss... not every pic works after
Old 19 October 2017, 15:40   #2666
solidcore

Alenppc, it may be unrelated to your experience with your programmer but it reminds me of exactly the same situation I had with my k150. My cheap k150 Chinese clone would pretend to successfully burn a pic with a hex only to discover that reading it back certain values were wrong . After a few days time trying different software etc I found out the driver itself was the culprit . Unfortunately regarding Chinese clones the USB to serial module isn't the one used with the legit device and the protocol is slightly different .

Generally for these sort of devices Windows xp is recommended with such drivers due to zero support in windows 8-10 however I did find a windows 10 driver or 5 candidates and having to try each one unfortunately ended up irreversibly destroying a few pics . The problem is with the wrong driver it only worked 1/100 of the time. However light at the end of a seamlessly long dark tunnel, a single driver was showing successful burns 100 percent of the time and not only that it was 64 bit windows 10 compatible. With 'clones', unfortunately a change of protocol may of happened in other drivers leading to the problems exactly as you describe and I believe the solution to your pic programmer is test all drivers you can find for it .

Chris

Last edited by solidcore; 19 October 2017 at 17:02.
Old 19 October 2017, 21:13   #2667
Amiga1992

About the Xilinx programmer... is there no way to use the Raspberry Pi method for the first flashing?
Old 19 October 2017, 21:13   #2668
Stedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
Any experiences programming the pic on kipper's adapter? After lots of experimenting, I figured out that the pic configuration check marks are all to be left blank except for FOSCO1 bit, but it still seems to be a hit and miss... not every pic works after
What PIC device is it?

Some of the 10F and 12F devices have oscillator calibration values, which overwritten, make the part appear dead. They can be recovered. If you can point me to the hex file, I'll decode the config words.
Old 19 October 2017, 21:17   #2669
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
About the Xilinx programmer... is there no way to use the Raspberry Pi method for the first flashing?
Yup it will work just the same.
Old 19 October 2017, 21:33   #2670
Amiga1992

Oh since the Wiki says it is for RE programming, I thought it wouldn't work! That's great news!
Old 19 October 2017, 21:34   #2671
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Oh since the Wiki says it is for RE programming, I thought it wouldn't work! That's great news!
Old 19 October 2017, 21:38   #2672
Amiga1992

Can I edit the wiki and remove the (Re)? makes it seem like it will not work when the CPLDs are "stock".

By the way, BumbleBee, took a while (had to do it again), but yesterday I managed to do some recording of the TF328 running some stuff. The quality is shit (filming at my TV :S) and I forgot to turn sound on, but you can get an idea of speed and stuff.
Here it is, an hour of me fucking around with the CD32 running some demos and games (starts with Captured Dreams for your comparison)
You can see how my XBench setup is working. Thanks to spudje for getting me into XBench:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 October 2017, 22:44   #2673
solidcore

@Akira I absolutely enjoyed your video mate. Your MK gameplay really got me reminiscing those good old times.

@Everyone, and specifically Plasmab
The tf328 project has certainly given us a lot of joy and pleasure and I know everyone here appreciates the hard work Steve has put into it.

Steve has been a huge influence so thank you mate. I'm reading more books as a consequence, and a lot of flux up my nose. Yuck :P

All the best with the other TF projects and I hope we can all sit down one day and bring our amiga's to a huge hall and let's hope there's no terriblefire-TM there

Chris
Old 19 October 2017, 23:27   #2674
alenppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedy View Post
What PIC device is it?

Some of the 10F and 12F devices have oscillator calibration values, which overwritten, make the part appear dead. They can be recovered. If you can point me to the hex file, I'll decode the config words.
That would be very helpful, thank you. This is the firmware http://www.kipper2k.com/tfpics/mmkeyboard.zip

And the pic is a PIC16F628A-I/P
Old 19 October 2017, 23:52   #2675
kipper2k

Just got back, i tried 0wait core in the A1200 and managed 2821 Dhrystones

naptime
Old 20 October 2017, 00:05   #2676
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Just got back, i tried 0wait core in the A1200 and managed 2821 Dhrystones

naptime
Brilliant news for the a1200 then Thanks for letting us all know kip.

Edit: @alenpcc regarding the advice below this one, if that doesn't work it's probably drivers like I said in my previous post as they f'ked 6 PIC's until I found 1 driver... but if you're using a legit non-Chinese then disregard as probably not drivers

Last edited by solidcore; 20 October 2017 at 00:12.
Old 20 October 2017, 00:06   #2677
kipper2k

Quote:
I provided a picture with the configuration settings, that should be all you need
Old 20 October 2017, 00:20   #2678
RiotRetroGaming
Riot Retro Gaming

Quote:
Can I edit the wiki and remove the (Re)? makes it seem like it will not work when the CPLDs are "stock".

By the way, BumbleBee, took a while (had to do it again), but yesterday I managed to do some recording of the TF328 running some stuff. The quality is shit (filming at my TV :S) and I forgot to turn sound on, but you can get an idea of speed and stuff.
Here it is, an hour of me fucking around with the CD32 running some demos and games (starts with Captured Dreams for your comparison)
You can see how my XBench setup is working. Thanks to spudje for getting me into XBench:

[ Show youtube player ]

Awesome!
So that means the 030+ is actually a higher cpu clock and the TF328 has no bearing on that.
I get it now. Cheers for that bud
Old 20 October 2017, 00:37   #2679
Stedy

Quote:
That would be very helpful, thank you. This is the firmware http://www.kipper2k.com/tfpics/mmkeyboard.zip

And the pic is a PIC16F628A-I/P
I loaded the files into MPLAB.

At address 2007 of the Flash (config word) you should have a value of 0x3F10.

Try connecting pin RB4/pin 10 to ground to ensure you disable Low Voltage Programming (LVP) and maybe add a 100nF capacitor across the PIC power pins when programming.

Does your programmer have an option to control the speed?

Sometimes slowing it down can help.

A capture of the settings is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC16F628_config.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	55083  

Last edited by Stedy; 20 October 2017 at 01:07. Reason: link to thumbnail
Old 20 October 2017, 00:38   #2680
alenppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I provided a picture with the configuration settings, that should be all you need
Except the settings don't match what's on my programmer software... there is no desctiption what IntRC is and anyway it doesn't match the data sheet