English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 February 2002, 12:36   #21
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks for the scan, Tim. I'll try and research some of that to see which version they were actually playing (it's hard to tell, but I'll dig!).

Kinda makes you wonder if the fakes were released for the sole purpose of making jackasses of the magazines for reviewing cracks instead of the real thing!
Old 19 May 2007, 15:25   #22
rmcin329

hi i'm new around here and also interested in playing Buck(have only limited exp using emulators at the moment) but i dont' see the file for it that oldpx mentioned uploading, unless its got a pretty weird title or something.(at a guess maybe its been taken down since, or something?)

Old 19 May 2007, 15:36   #23
Graham Humphrey

The reason you don't see it is because it was uploaded over 5 years ago, and files uploaded to the Zone only stay up for 7 days.

Oh, and welcome to EAB.
Old 19 May 2007, 15:40   #24
rmcin329

oh lol, hmmn guess i'm screwed there then. My main problem with trying to play any amiga games i'd have to say is, that i can only find them in lha format, and have yet to figure out how to turn them into ADF without an amiga. There may be some way of doing it, but i'm too new to this stuff to be able to figure it out(i have some limited knowledge from having previously owned amigas, but they were tossed out due to going bad)

Old 19 May 2007, 15:41   #25
Graham Humphrey

Oh, by the way, there are several versions of the game here, you'll have to scroll down a fair bit though. Hope this is of use to you.

EDIT: Heh, posted at the same time. They are all zipped ADFs by the way.
Old 19 May 2007, 15:53   #26
rmcin329

alright, tryign to get them now, though i bet i'll screw up something trying to get the game started(haven't gotten 1 to run yet) and since when is there 3 disks to Buck rogers ctd........
EDIT
okay download refuses to work and most of what i'm reading after clicking the link for it seems to be in another language
FURTHER EDIT
maybe free download manager doesn't know how to handle this file format or something, not sure, i'm not real big on computer technical stuff

Last edited by rmcin329; 19 May 2007 at 15:58.

Old 19 May 2007, 16:23   #27
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcin329
FURTHER EDIT
maybe free download manager doesn't know how to handle this file format or something, not sure, i'm not real big on computer technical stuff
Hello rmcin329,

Welcome to EAB

Yes, PlanetEmu doesn't like download managers. Just switch them off and all will be ok.

All you need to do is click on one of the files e.g. Buck Rogers - Countdown to Doomsday (1990)(SSI)[cr SKR](Disk 1 of 3) and finally click Telecharger to start the download