English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 15 May 2017, 17:50   #21
michaelz

Whatever you advice on this moment. I'm still looking to setup a good developer environment but can't seem to settle on any as they all have their pro's and cons.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 May 2017, 21:59   #22
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
Whatever you advice on this moment. I'm still looking to setup a good developer environment but can't seem to settle on any as they all have their pro's and cons.
To be honest I've only focused on asm since (re-)starting amiga development, so I don't have any recommendations regarding C(++) compilers. But vbcc is easy to get working, so that's what I've based the example on. I'll try to get Bebbo's gcc fork built and see if I can get it working there as well.

For now here's what I've got: https://github.com/mras0/simple-amiga-rom

It doesn't do too much so you can do your own thing, but it also tries to show how to get started.

There's probably lots of problems with the code, so let me know and I'll see what I can do about it
Old 16 May 2017, 21:55   #23
michaelz

Wow, I had to do the compile by hand (on mac os), but it worked. Real nice, thank you very much.
Old 19 May 2017, 22:19   #24
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
Wow, I had to do the compile by hand (on mac os), but it worked. Real nice, thank you very much.
No problem, it's been interesting for me so far . BTW I just fixed some small problems in the code (e.g. $7ff instead of $7ffff). I also tried it with Bebbos GCC - unfortunately it seems some work is needed for it to be compatible. I may look more into it.

EDIT: It should now be possible to use Bebbos GCC cross compiler (for the C code). It seems like binutils is still missing support for some critical features (e.g. naming sections), so it still relies on vasm/vlink to get the job done.

Last edited by paraj; 20 May 2017 at 16:56.
AdSense AdSense