English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 December 2013, 21:18   #401
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@yesplease great that the mouse click emulation works like it should

regarding the fullscreen<->window issue, you didn't provide a log, but I guess you have used the override option fullscreen_mode=fullscreen? There are three fullscreen modes in the SDL2 port, and with fullscreen_mode=fullscreen, the window will "unfortunately" have the fullscreen size - I ran into some issues while trying to fix that so I didn't bother.

This mode you're (probably) using is not the default fullscreen mode though - the new default is fullscreen_mode=desktop, and this mode toggles nicely between fullscreen and window. So just delete your fullscreen_mode option override and try without it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
With OpenSuse 13.1, fs-uae-launcher requires manual installation of PySide, this is not provided as package.
Thanks for the feedback! Bummer about the missing package... But I have more or less ported the launcher to pyqt as well, and it seems this package is generally more available - I may make the switch from pyside to pyqt to fix this problem...

Last edited by TCD; 13 December 2013 at 21:44. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Old 14 December 2013, 12:50   #402
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
regarding the fullscreen<->window issue, you didn't provide a log, but I guess you have used the override option fullscreen_mode=fullscreen? There are three fullscreen modes in the SDL2 port, and with fullscreen_mode=fullscreen, the window will "unfortunately" have the fullscreen size - I ran into some issues while trying to fix that so I didn't bother.

This mode you're (probably) using is not the default fullscreen mode though - the new default is fullscreen_mode=desktop, and this mode toggles nicely between fullscreen and window. So just delete your fullscreen_mode option override and try without it
Hi frode I attached the log. In Launcher->preferences->video->Start FS-UAE in fullscreenmode I set the value to On. If set to Off then ALT+ENTER toggles fine. If set to On the screen size of window after leaving fullscreen is to big.
My only override is joystick_port_0_autoswitch = 1 under Launcher->preferences->advanced settings.

Last edited by yesplease; 14 December 2013 at 16:27.
Old 14 December 2013, 12:55   #403
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@yesplease the log shows that fullscreen_mode = fullscreen, but you are right, it is not you who have set it, it is actually me. I see that the launcher actually sets it as default, which is an oversight on my part. I'll fix that for the next build.

In the meantime, try the following in advanced settings:
Code:
fullscreen_mode = desktop
Old 14 December 2013, 16:23   #404
yesplease

Quote:
In the meantime, try the following in advanced settings:
Code:
fullscreen_mode = desktop

Frode, it works great
Old 14 December 2013, 16:40   #405
yesplease

Hi Frode !! I have found another bug.

In preferences->advanced settings, whatever I add there, Launcher does apply it to FS-UAE. But now for the bug. If you go back to Advanced settings, added settings are not visible. No matter whether you are in same session or if you restarted it. After restart the invisible settings still will be applied to FS-UAE, but are not visible. Strange is my old setting " joystick_port_0_autoswitch = 1" which where in there for ages is nevertheless shown.

So I think Launcher got an bind/update problem on OSX in the advanced settings.
Old 14 December 2013, 17:31   #406
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@yesplease it is related to the previous problem. Recognized options for which there are GUI controls will not show up in advanced settings. But there was a "bogus default entry" fullscreen_mode = fullscreen in the launcher code, which also makes the option hidden from advanced settings. So this will be fixed in 2.3.13 as well, thanks for reporting it
Old 14 December 2013, 18:30   #407
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.13dev:
  • Video sync is disabled by default.
  • Updated translations: pl [grimi].
  • (Launcher) New video synchronization settings page, reorg. video settings.
  • (Launcher) New dialog for manual game downloads with scan function to make manual downloads more streamlined.
  • (Launcher) Re-enabled support for manually downloadable games.
  • (Launcher) Re-enabled support for automatically downloadable games.
  • (Launcher) Support downloading and displaying terms for auto-downloadable game files.
  • (Launcher) Changed icons for downloadable games.
  • (Launcher) fullscreen_mode was erroneously specified as fullscreen, should be empty string. Also, fullscreen_mode will now show in advanced settings if overriden.
  • (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi], fi [Goingdown].
One important change in this version is that video_sync now defaults to off. The reasons for this include:
  • On some systems, syncing to video causes performance issues or unstable frame rates (esp. with compositing window managers).
  • On some systems, the OpenGL drivers use a lot of CPU while waiting for vblank (can often be fixed by choosing a suitable video sync method).
So now I experiment with having this option off by default, so people won’t erroneously conclude that FS-UAE does not work properly, or have bad performance when the problem could be the desktop environment and/or driver problems. Instead, there is now a new preference page for enabling / tweaking video sync options with information about what effect the options have.
The other major change is that support for manually and automatically downloadable games (via the online game database) is re-enabled and much improved
Old 14 December 2013, 20:40   #408
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim
see the new stereo_separation
That should do the job. Many thanks!

Quote:
(Launcher) New video synchronization settings page, reorg. video settings.
Hm... clicking on the i-icon launches chromium and clicking on the highlighted text launches firefox on my system. Did you use different methods of invoking the web browser?

And you possibly already know: The URL http://fs-uae.net/perfectly-smooth-scrolling does not exist (yet?)...
Old 14 December 2013, 20:59   #409
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@jbl007 Yes, you're right. The label links use some internal QT hyperlink function, while I specifically use the webbrowser module in python. I'll try to unify the behavior, for example by always using QT to open web links. Ideally, both methods should find your preferred browser. And yes, I know the new link targets are missing, must write something good before 2.4 launch
Old 14 December 2013, 21:54   #410
jbl007

OK, I got it. It was a misconfiguration of my system. The environment variable $BROWSER was set different which is used by webbrowser.open(), while QT seems to call xdg-open or use MIME types.

Quote:
I'll try to unify the behavior
Is it really worth the effort?
Old 14 December 2013, 22:34   #411
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Is it really worth the effort?
Yes, but only because it is really very little effort we are talking about here Consistent behavior is nice, and might save me from answering questions about it later...
Old 14 December 2013, 23:01   #412
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
With OpenSuse 13.1, fs-uae-launcher requires manual installation of PySide, this is not provided as package
Version 2.3.14 will now try to find and use either of PySide, PyQt5 or PyQt4 (it now works with all of them), so I can set python-qt4 as a dependency on the opensuse packages
Old 15 December 2013, 08:08   #413
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Thanks for updating this, Frode.

I am trying to create a 40MB Partitioned Hard Disk (RDB) which I want to have two separate partitions: One with my Main WB installation and the other for my programs/games with WB2.05 installed on it. However, WB doesn't detected the hard drive. All I see is Ram Disk and the WB disk.
Old 16 December 2013, 20:28   #414
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@B14ck W01f Have you partioned the RDB and formatted the partitions? See http://fs-uae.net/using-hard-drives ("Using HDF Files in RDB Format").
Old 17 December 2013, 15:25   #415
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Harry, for you and other users of openSUSE and Fedora - please see the following thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71838
Old 18 December 2013, 21:36   #416
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.14dev:
  • JIT should work on Windows too now.
  • New options: audio_frequency, audio_buffer_target_size.
  • Default frequency is now 48000 Hz (will try 44100 Hz if 48000 Hz fails).
  • Default audio buffer size is now 40ms (slightly lower than before).
  • Deprecated the old audio_buffer_target_bytes option (it is now instead calculated from audio_buffer_target_size).
  • Speed up startup by caching information about kickstart ROMs.
  • Skip initializating stuff in inputdevice.cpp which are not used by FS-UAE, speeds up startup – report if it seems to have bad side-effects…
  • Split Savestates into two main menu entries (Load State, Save State).
  • Removed superfluous More… entries.
  • Include #define GLXContextID XID in glee.h to work with recent Mesa.
  • (Launcher) Respect writable_floppy_images option in cases where the floppy drive options directly refer to local paths (don’t copy disk images to temp directory).
  • (Launcher) Defragment databases function (Settings -> Maintenance).
  • (Launcher) Use QT to open all URLs, for consistent behavior.
  • (Launcher) Will now try to find and use either of PySide, PyQt5 or PyQt4.
  • (Launcher) Added GUI controls to tweak audio freqency and also audio target buffer size (in ms). The latter can be used to reduce audio latency.
Another change is that the Windows version is now built with a MinGW-w64/x86 toolchain instead of MinGW (This shouldn’t really change anything, but it can be useful to be aware of when testing).

Also, some changes to the JIT code paths has been made, so please let me know if JIT suddently stops working with this version…
Old 18 December 2013, 22:22   #417
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Thanks for the update. I noticed double clicking on config files still opens Default.fs-uae instead of the config you click on. Is a fix for that coming?
Old 19 December 2013, 01:19   #418
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.15dev:
  • Reverted to previous MinGW compiler (Windows).
  • (Launcher) Fixed a bug loading online database games with cpu specification.
  • (Arcade) Fixed Windows shortcut for FS-UAE Arcade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500 View Post
Thanks for the update. I noticed double clicking on config files still opens Default.fs-uae instead of the config you click on. Is a fix for that coming?
No, I haven't figured this one out yet. It seems to work on OS X 10.6, but not on 10.8...
Old 19 December 2013, 18:27   #419
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Quote:
No, I haven't figured this one out yet. It seems to work on OS X 10.6, but not on 10.8...
I'm sure it's some kind of new protection crap. Apple is doing some really stupid things with OSX lately.

Example: I edited some Applescript files and ran them from another program, but it kept executing the pre-edited version - which I hadn't saved anywhere, but apparently OSX stored a copy and linked to it (all for my "security", I'm sure). It nearly drove me insane with rage.
Old 20 December 2013, 16:48   #420
TEOL

Quote:
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.15dev:

• (Launcher) Fixed a bug loading online database games with cpu specification.
Nice, that sorted out the other bug at the same time the one where the database has an error adding new things if you mix the configs ones on there with ones you make up from other games disks in custom like PD and Coverdisks.

Would be cool if TOSEC PD and AMIGA Magazine Rack/TOSEC Coverdisks have preset database entrys for them though seeing as they are all Free Demo Levels for Commercial Games as well as proper PD full titles but I can see why we are concintracting on the main event commercial and the bigger PD preset entrys for the moment though as they are priority over the PD and Game Demos Magazine Disks.

Meh, just only an idea for the database though but it works fine putting my own entrys in this version as I can now scan games for the presets whilst I have custom ones again now in the new build.