English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 August 2012, 13:03   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

Glitches with ECS Indivision on A500.

Installed my ECS Indivision a few days ago, all seems to have gone OK but when I fire up my A500 without a disk in I see vertical glitches on the screen of my VGA monitor, about 4 columns of them. I also grounded the unit to one of the expansion port screws.

Attached a 'shaky cam' from my phone of the issue.

RGB output is solid so I assume Denise is OK? So what could be the issue?
Attached Files
File Type: rar ECS Glitches.rar (2.34 MB, 137 views)
Old 25 August 2012, 15:54   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

This may be a long shot, but have you tried disconnecting the ground lead?

( I'm wondering whether there's any similarily between your problem and this one with an Indivision AGA Mk2: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=835328&postcount=22 )
Old 25 August 2012, 16:31   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

Cheers prowler, will be able to test that sometime tomorrow, I hope that's all the problem is.
Old 26 August 2012, 16:00   #4
BarryB
Amigaholic

OK, tried that and no difference so removed the ground cable altogether. Checked all the pins on all the sockets and none are bent, Denise is sitting snugly in the Indi ECS, rechecked and refitted the Indi ECS and same problem. Even plugged it into a Dell Ultrasharp 24" and the same problem is evident.

Booted into Wb1.3 and ran the config tool and tried to set it back to default by clicking 'Default config' and saving but the tool won't quit using the Quit button so not sure if it's saved?

Obviously need more help with this as I need to know if it needs RMA'ing back to AmigaKit for testing!!
Old 26 August 2012, 16:09   #5
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi maybe looking here might help

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=31249
Old 26 August 2012, 17:27   #6
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi maybe looking here might help

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=31249
Interesting bit about the batch of 'problematic' Indi ECS units. Mine is not DOA since it displays a picture but with the annoying glitches all the time! I also noticed that when I reset the A500 I sometimes get random black horizontal lines across the full width of the screen which is mentioned later in that post. Looks like it's a known problem with a fix! I also tried both my A1200 and A500 PSU's in the A500 and same problem. Have registered on Amibay just to see those pics Seaside posted in that thread but my privileges don't yet let me see those pics to compare

I'll have to contact AmigaKit on Tuesday and explain the problem as it's a bank holiday tomorrow for us brits and I've volunteered to work it, must be mad!!
Old 26 August 2012, 19:37   #7
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Interesting bit about the batch of 'problematic' Indi ECS units. Mine is not DOA since it displays a picture but with the annoying glitches all the time! I also noticed that when I reset the A500 I sometimes get random black horizontal lines across the full width of the screen which is mentioned later in that post. Looks like it's a known problem with a fix! I also tried both my A1200 and A500 PSU's in the A500 and same problem. Have registered on Amibay just to see those pics Seaside posted in that thread but my privileges don't yet let me see those pics to compare

I'll have to contact AmigaKit on Tuesday and explain the problem as it's a bank holiday tomorrow for us brits and I've volunteered to work it, must be mad!!
PM me your order number or start a support ticket, I can then check to see if yours has already been fixed.
Old 26 August 2012, 21:03   #8
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
PM me your order number or start a support ticket, I can then check to see if yours has already been fixed.
Thanks FOL, have submitted a support ticket: ID 5734