English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 June 2001, 18:57   #1
Cam

Need a save disc for Supremacy

Top game, but it doesn't seem to like the blank disc image I downloaded. Any ideas?

Old 21 June 2001, 19:03   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Supremacy

If I remember correctly, you need to create the save disk within the program itself, as it creates a special format disk.
Old 21 June 2001, 21:13   #3
Cam

It does seem that way - I tried formatting my blank disc image from within the game, and this was reported as being successful. However, when I tried to save the game, it just gave me "Disc Error". It's a bit frustrating because I don't know what's causing the problem.

Old 22 June 2001, 10:16   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Supremacy

Okay, I'll have a look at it.

I like Supremacy a lot!
Old 22 June 2001, 13:33   #5
Cam

Annoying Update

I've tried using fellow with Supremacy just on the offchance - better sound, but slooow loading times. Sadly it hasn't made a difference to the disk problem. I've tried several blank disc images, and they all format without a problem in the game, but the "Save" option always brings up a disc error.

If I remember rightly, some of the larger games could stretch into days. Oh dear...

Old 22 June 2001, 13:42   #6
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Supremacy

I can give you the WHDLoad install of Supremacy, if you would like. It saves to hard disk.

You need to have registered WHDLoad to use it, but I hope anyone here who has used it has registered.
Old 22 June 2001, 15:02   #7
derSammler

A savedisk for Supremacy ? No problem...

You need at least WinUAE 0.8.14 to use this savedisk !

Removed save disk

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 20:08.
Old 22 June 2001, 18:59   #8
Cam

Success!

That save disc worked a treat. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Old 23 June 2001, 19:27   #9
MethodGit

Cool Supremacy HD

Speaking of HD-versions of the game, a Galahad-cracked HD version of Supremacy can be found at The Jugger (or if you want to go directly to their games page, click here). It should save to hard drive (I think) but I don't think it has a quit key (so therefore you will have to reset your Amiga in order to get out of the game). Or would you like me to upload the thing right here?
Old 23 June 2001, 19:41   #10
Cam

Thanks for the link

The document says that you can only save when you quit to DOS. Since I am a bit of a Save Whore, this may be problematic. But I'll give it a go anyway.

O.T. //BTW, Couldn't help noticing that you're a Radiohead fan. What did you think of Amnesiac?//

Old 23 June 2001, 22:41   #11
MethodGit

Cool Supremacy and Radiohead

Ooops! Looked at the page talking about Galahad's Supremacy version and noticed it mentioned a "Quit To Dos" option. Guess I didn't play the game enough to notice (I never really play that game, you see, a bit too complex to understand a lot of the technical stuff in the game).

Tee-hee , I guess you recognised the bloke in my avatar easily. No, I haven't heard the Amnesiac album yet (although I've heard short snippets of some of the tracks, particularly I Might Be Wrong, Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box and Dollars & Cents. I'd really like to hear Knives Out, their (possible) next single), neither have I got the Kid A LP, although I remember hearing all the tracks from it when XFM (do you have this radio station?) played the whole record one night. But I *do* have The Bends and OK Computer (on CD). Not sure if Pablo Honey is still worth listening to... is it?

I think Pyramid Song is simply put one of the most beautiful songs ever, and certainly one of the best in Radiohead's career. It's such a shame their singles and albums drop dramatically down the charts the moment they debut at a high position. This is one reason why I despise the UK for their extremely and appallingly bad taste in music (I mean, DJ Pied Piper, Mis-teeq, Faith Hill, Blue, Hear'Say, Texas, Westlife, S Club 7 etc. Need I go on?)

Sorry, went extremely off topic there (although if I remember correctly, the Amiga In A Box page once featured a hoax news report about some Amiga tribute album, and S Club 7 were apparently one of the acts involved, so they're kinda *linked* (is that the wrong word to use?)). I guess when I talk about music, it usually extends to a long discussion...

P.S. What are your fave Radiohead joints?
Old 24 June 2001, 13:02   #12
Cam

Off-Topic Alert

I definitely agree with you about Pyramid Song. It's a superb track. Bit of a shame that the rest of Amnesiac doesn't measure up to it. Knives Out is a pleasant guitar amble that brings back memories of Let Down and to some extent Paranoid Android, but it seems to lack the drive that made the guitar songs on O.K. Computer so great.

I've got to admire Radiohead for pushing out into new directions - their open devotion to the Warp label has made me listen to a lot of fantastic stuff that I wouldn't have gone near before. Have you tried any Warp stuff? I can recommend Aphex Twin. Very odd, but excellent.

Not tried XFM, but I did listen to Pablo Honey again recently. The crap tracks sound just as crap, but it still has several tracks that I love. Blow Out and Stop Whispering especially. Favourite track overall? Probably Fake Plastic Trees. I'm a musician myself, and I trained myself to sing by bleating this song until everyone begged me to shut up.

Yikes. This is more off-Topic than a mould outbreak in a sweetshop.