Well I have downloaded the game form about
3 different sites and all I get is stuck when
it prompts me for disk 2 I keep on clicking
the mouse and the same dialob box keeps vanishing
and re-appearing pissing me off!

What could be wrong?

Old 30 May 2001, 19:06   #2
Amiga1992

The emulator could be wrong. It seems like it is not recognizing the disk in the drive. I remember Operation Stealth's disk routines to be picky regarding teh diskdrive, so even the most tiny fault would make it behave like what you describe.

I'd say it's teh emu, there's no way you can go wrong with 3 different disk images.
Old 30 May 2001, 22:24   #3
Gibby

I'm pretty sure its the emulator

I too have dowbloaded this several times and never got past the point you describe.

I simply assumed it was the emulator because I have tried renaming everything I can find in the faint hope of getting the game to work. I have never managed it in several times trying over the past year.

Old 31 May 2001, 00:37   #4
enigma

pardon me but...

are you saying the game isn't working?

Old 31 May 2001, 01:29   #5
Gibby

I am saying.......

that I am assuming that the emulator's can't handle the way the game checks for the different disks.

I have downloaded the game several times, just like you. I have also renamed the disks, renamed the .adf files I have tried everything I can think of to make sure that all the disks are named differently and that it is obvious that the 2nd disk is the 2nd disk but I have never had any luck.

I have no reason to believe that the game is not working other than it doesn't work on emulators. I had the original for my Amiga 500 and I loved it - I deffinatley got passed the point where I have to swap disks.

I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is - all I was trying to tell you was that after numberous attempts to get it to work I too had never succeded.

I assumed it was down to the emulators rather than the game because I had downloaded so many different copies of that game and still had exactly the same problem over and over again.

My advice to you is stop downloading different copies of it - just keep trying it with every new version of WinUAE and WinFellow that comes out and see if that works.

However, it might be what happened with Batman the Movie. i.e. One person made a dodgy copy of it - that copy spread like wildfire over the internet which meant that every download of the game was the same dodgy copy that never worked and it took someone to make a proper copy of the game before anyone managed to get it to work. If this is the case then keep trying to find a working copy. I doubt that it is the case though.

Old 31 May 2001, 14:29   #6
Mangar
Got the fever back

I cant even get this to work. Can you tell me which version you have? and which version of uae you use with cfg file. I'll see if I can get it to recognize the disks.. If I can even get that far.
Old 31 May 2001, 18:57   #7
Amiga1992

There is only one way to confirm this: chuck me a link to a supposedly faulty copy of this game, and I'l lsend it to the Amiga, to se what happens. If it works there, then it is confirmed teh emu is screwing up. I believe this is the case, but with trying we lose nothing eh?

Rainbow Islands never worked on teh emu, but it did on my miggy... however they found another copy that does work on emus... dunno what they patched, but the previous, supposedly faulty copy, was always perfect.
Old 01 June 2001, 01:05   #8
enigma

Why don't you...

...try for that link?

Old 01 June 2001, 01:12   #9
enigma

On second thought...

here you are
http://amiga.supergamez.hu/GamesH-R/...ionStealth.zip

Old 01 June 2001, 09:05   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

This might be a good game to have a hard drive copy of. Is there any other protection than the color codes thing? I have three original copies (US copies, though...), so if it needs any patching or whatever, the gods of WHD could do their magic from them. I haven't looked at the disks in years and I still ain't got no monitor... (sigh)
Old 01 June 2001, 18:20   #11
Amiga1992

Ok, I will try this the weekend, and keep you posted.
Old 01 June 2001, 19:11   #12
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Op Stealth

There's a JST patch which installs Operation Stealth and removes the stupid colour code protection.