English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 December 2004, 18:20   #1
RetroRevival

RetroRevival

Although issue 2 is ready to download, we are currently looking for people who may wish to help with future issues of this retro games orientated fanzine.

Particularly looking for retro console and computer gamers, but will encourage anyone who wants to write a review or an article on any format, to contact us, and we can have a chat about it.

Our website is:

www.retrorevival.co.uk where you can contact us and download the latest issue.

Many Thanks
Simon
The Retro Revival Team

Old 09 December 2004, 21:22   #2
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Hey .. Tis excellent .. well 'polished'
Old 10 December 2004, 00:45   #3
RetroRevival

Hi mr_0rga5m

Thank you for taking the time to read our efforts.

If you have any comments please feel free to let us know.

After all we cannot make the fanzine better without them.

Old 10 December 2004, 01:10   #4
Bloodwych

Great work. I haven’t had a chance to have a good read yet but flicking through there seems to be plenty of interesting content.

Issue 1 is great, but I can see you’ve put even more effort into issue 2!

Most impressive is the file size – you’ve packed a lot of work into a small PDF.

As soon as I have time I’ll brew up a cuppa, settle down and read through this “fanzine”. Getting such interesting material for free is fabulous. Thank you all for your efforts!

Are you aware we also have our own resident Amiga mag from the ApoV EAB team?

It’s also impressive and a visual feast. Take a look if you have time. Perhaps you can contact some of the writers on this board since you’re both involved in similar projects:

http://apov.abime.net/
Old 10 December 2004, 02:54   #5
Miggy2TheMax

completely agree with Bloodwych and mr_0rga5m! both of your issues are VERY impressive and I cant wait to get home from work and take the time to page through them. Excellent work!!! I cant wait to hack into the Golden Axe article in issue 2... drooling over it... damm might just read it at work and get into trouble ... as usual

Its fantastic to see something fresh!
Old 10 December 2004, 15:33   #6
RetroRevival

Thanks for the comments guys, it really is appreciated.

We (me and DIJ) have some really good ideas for this little venture, ones in which we believe will appeal to those wanting more than what they are getting from the mainstream magazines.

We have a problem though, and that is with only two of us (and the occasional contribution) it is difficult to get these ideas down, what with the rest of life and everything else.

So we really need the informed out there to join up and help us out a little.

Ultimately we would like to have a section devoted every issue to all of the main platforms, with the idea being that everyone involved has a little section to take care of and write for.

It would be wrong of us who are currently working on it to write articles on subjects we really cannot do justice to, so the success of Retro Revival is dependant on the "retro" community getting involved.

Admittedly the "look" of the fanzine is not what we would like, however this will develop over time. The content is the main thing and we feel that we are offering something fresh and interesting to the readers.

So I plead again, if anyone feels that they can contribute, then please, get in touch. It does not have to be 6 pages an issue by any means, but just the smallest article or review would go a long way to making Retro Revival even better.

Once again, thank you for reading it.

Last edited by RetroRevival; 10 December 2004 at 18:10.