English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 March 2004, 17:18   #1
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Question Configuring PS Pad for WinUAE?

Ive just bought a PS>PC USB adaptor and it works fine but how can I configure the inputs so I can assign a button to the 'up' joystick position?

The pad works no problem in 'Compatible' mode but the options are ghosted. If I change to 'Configuration#1' the options become unghosted but theres no response from the pad.

Help!
Old 12 March 2004, 22:54   #2
Djay
95th User

nice one Dast, i got one of these too, but only used in Comp. mode.... i'll check it out for you...

is the main button (Amiga Joystick Button), triangle, for you too?
Old 13 March 2004, 00:54   #3
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Yes triangle is the main fire button and circle works as a second button in Turrican 2 (powerline).
Old 14 March 2004, 13:57   #4
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

@Djay

Any luck with this yet?

@Toni

Is it possible to configure the pad in this way?
Old 14 March 2004, 18:20   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Yes. Did you check the mappings in input-tab? They are not necessarily the same as default mappings, especially if you used old configs.
Old 14 March 2004, 19:28   #6
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Right ok Ive figured it out now and have all the buttons assigned where I want them

Cheers
Old 22 March 2004, 18:56   #7
Jim

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
is the main button (Amiga Joystick Button), triangle, for you too?
I've just got one of these adaptors and noticed that triangle is the "main" button, but this is not just a WinUAE issue - it is a issue of the driver/Windows.

I know for WinUAE the configuration can be changed to accept X as the fire button but I cannot understand why they made the driver/adaptor like this and want the X button as the main button for all my games.

I've messed around with the drivers registry entries and stuff in an attempt to make the X button the main button but had no luck.

How easy is it to dissasemble/modify a driver? Or even write a driver for a basic device like this?

I know this post is not strictly WinUAE related but I wanted to continue an otherwise dead thread that had the only relevance to this issue of PS2->USB converters and maybe DJay/Dastardly can help/have ideas.

Old 23 March 2004, 10:45   #8
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Hi,

I bought a PS2>USB converter from Play.com about a week ago after reading this thread (I hadn't even thought of it before, what a brilliant and cool idea!), together with an official PS2 Dual-Shock controller. Configuring it in WinUAE and assigning all the CD32 controller functions was easy enough, by using the simple diagram from the "Game Controller" Windows control panel, and working out which input corresponds to each button on the PS2 controller, and assigning it in WinUAE.

Quote:
want the X button as the main button for all my games
I've found that the pad can be configured for most PC games using the individual game's control options (ie. configuring the PS2 controller just like you would normally configure the keyboard, by assigning keys to certain functions etc.), rather than from the Windows control panel. As far as I can tell, the only function of the adapter's control panel is to see which button on the PS2 controller matches the inputs numbered from 1-16 (or 0-15 if you're in WinUAE!) to assist in assigning in-game functions. There are no global settings. I haven't tried the controller with any games older than a couple of years, so I wouldn't know if it works quite so easily with older games.

The PS2>USB converter I'm using is this one.

Steve.
Old 08 June 2006, 03:31   #9
tarquel

Question

is that the same as this one?

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1141...P/Product.html

I know this is a old topic but i'm trying to configure this one with WinUAE and not sure exactly on the config...

Anyone care to pm with their config - just so i can get the config of the controller etc?

EDIT: forgot to mention im trying it with a booting disk image of Flimbo's Quest - using the latest [WinUAE 1.2] also.

Thanks
Nath.

Old 08 June 2006, 11:53   #10
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquel
is that the same as this one?

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1141...P/Product.html

I know this is a old topic but i'm trying to configure this one with WinUAE and not sure exactly on the config...

Anyone care to pm with their config - just so i can get the config of the controller etc?

EDIT: forgot to mention im trying it with a booting disk image of Flimbo's Quest - using the latest [WinUAE 1.2] also.

Thanks
Nath.
Hello tarquel,

I've definitely used this one before with WinUAE: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...oducts_id=3172

Can't comment on the one you've posted, I would imagine it should work though...

Do you see the joystick in WinUAE before starting a game i.e. from under Hosts --> Game & I/O Ports, then in the drop down list under Mouse/Joystick Ports?
Old 08 June 2006, 21:05   #11
tarquel

doh!

completely missed that bit - works fine now [after a quick test that is ]

Thanks
Nath

Old 24 August 2006, 19:53   #12
NightSprinter

Another quirk I've noticed is when you change out of compatibility mode, you have to swap the "port" that the joystick is connected to (a configuration usually defaults your stick to Joy1, which is where the mouse is connected to normally). If you hit the "Swap 1<-->2" button, it should swap the controller to "Port 2". This worked for me every time.