English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 June 2009, 12:39   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Big grin Most memorable real-life characters from magazines

Remember some odd-balls that wrote some controversial shit?
If you do please write some short background story behind them, and what did they do to make people sick
Here, let me start:

HIV, PSX Extreme

The controversy starts with his nickname (at which people nagged many times) and goes further with each of his articles
I remember him from one of the Bigoz (Polish Amiga-only diskmag) issues, where he encouraged people to do something for his new sex-corner You know, the usual stuff, write a mod with orgasmic-voices, some tutorials, stuff like that
But that was nothing.
He has shown his true nature in one of the first issues of PSX Extreme (Polish Playstation-only paper mag that later became multi-platform console mag, still selling today) back in ~1997, reviewing some not-quite-good game and claiming something like: "Playing this game is like f**king a woman chained to a radiator. One may find pleasure in that, but something is really wrong here."
He did an incredible number of reviews, was a true PSX freak, found it the new power machine since his favorite Amiga (surprise, surprise ) died.
I remember getting every issue of PSX Extreme for his reviews mostly, up to the time when the PS2 came out and the mag has changed it's profile to multi-console.
Then, he stabilized. Around 2004 he had his wife, his own kid, had to work for his family... we all know that story...
No, he didn't became boring or something, still had *it*, but was more... politically correct.
Old 09 June 2009, 12:56   #2
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post

Then, he stabilized. Around 2004 he had his wife, his own kid, had to work for his family... we all know that story...

The problem he had, was that he needed to get laid.

But i don't have magazine stories to tell about, sorry, but that polish PSX magazine would sell like hot cakes with that kind of reviews.
Old 09 June 2009, 13:00   #3
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
that polish PSX magazine would sell like hot cakes with that kind of reviews.
and so it did

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't all-controversy and nothing else to say, he knew his stuff, he was an Amiga scener before - loved to analyze games with how many frames it runs and stuff like that, a real pro gone nuts
Old 09 June 2009, 13:10   #4
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Don't get me wrong, he wasn't all-controversy and nothing else to say, he knew his stuff, he was an Amiga scener before - loved to analyze games with how many frames it runs and stuff like that, a real pro gone nuts
No I did not. It would have been really an awesome reading. I envy you for that and more that i can't read Polish.
Old 09 June 2009, 14:18   #5
Shoonay
Global Caturator

You could always spent a few hours learning it my friend