English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 22 June 2012, 04:03   #1
commodorejohn
Shameless recidivist

Just saying hello...

I'm normally mostly over on Amibay and amiga.org, but with Amibay's recent hosting trouble, I thought I'd drop in and check out another Amiga forum (though I'm glad to see it was only hosting trouble, and not some kind of organizational breakup or something!)

I'm commodorejohn, and I'm a hobbyist programmer/general retrocomputing enthusiast. I've had an interest in the Amiga since ~2001 (yes, a little late to the party,) but after a brief stint with A500 ownership, I didn't have any Amiga equipment again for a while until early 2010. Since that time, I've gone through a few different systems (500, 2000, 3000) before settling on a moderately-expanded 1200 with ClassicWB (which I finally just got online yesterday.) I've been enjoying messing around with it and plan on using it as a development machine when I finally get my ass in gear on some of my game projects.

So yeah, that's a short introduction, just to say hi
Old 22 June 2012, 05:02   #2
PeterK

Hi commodorejohn, you are welcome here at EAB !

I regret, I can't help you much with programming games, because I do not even play any of them, but I'm coding at least a bit in ASM. Atm, I'm working on improvements and enhancements for the icon.library. My old Amiga 2000 is already dead, but Toni Wilen's WinUAE is an excellent development system for Amiga software, too.
Old 22 June 2012, 05:40   #3
commodorejohn
Shameless recidivist

WinUAE's great and all, but I've always preferred to develop as close to on the real thing as possible, and a decently-specced Amiga with WB3.1 is a perfectly fine platform for coding, as far as I'm concerned
Old 22 June 2012, 08:21   #4
DonAmiga

Welcome