English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 February 2003, 22:07   #21
oldpx

I'm not sure but a fixed whdload adf is guaranteed to work with WHDLoad and I wouldn't trust such an adf when booting from floppies. You can already download my adf, click on the zone link on my previous message. In any case a "fixed" adf isn't original, I'm not claiming I'm using an original but THIS GAME WORKS WITH WINUAE!!!

Old 23 February 2003, 22:12   #22
oldpx

Your config runs this game perfectly but you have horizontal and vertical centering unticked therefore you're having centering problems. Your ADF is dead. Case solved.

Old 23 February 2003, 22:14   #23
BippyM
Global Moderator

You are using the disk.x files from the WHDLoad install !?!?!?

Are they cracked images or are they original game images?

If they are game images, you cannot just use the imagefile, the whd.slave file patches the imagefile to work, and gets around the protection(s) etc..

Please use a cracked or un-protected adf and not one from the WHDLoad install of a game
Old 24 February 2003, 02:24   #24
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs down

@Trodas. You don't insult anyone?
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7218

And here's some of your colourful language at work...

1) "Amigaboy - "I don't want to sound like a dick..." - LOL! But you cartaingly sound! So, please, come on, spare me yours impotence and small dick problems
I mentioned my confing into another tread, but if you *MUST* have it and cant come w/O it, here you have it:
1,1Ghz P3, 256MB ram, 2x 80G Seagate4 7,2k RPM drives, GF2Ti, SoundBlasterLive 5.1 and 2 ethernet cards into Abit ST6R mainboard. Running Win2000 SP3 + hotfixes, latest beta detonators 42.60 (im nVidia developer, BTW) and kx soundrivers replacement over orginal SoundBlaster drivers.
...hope you come

Akira - yea, its not bad, after all I agree.

IFW - LOL! LOL LOL LOOOOL!!! I finding pretty funny, that someone with entire lack of knowledge trying to convice me, that he is right and im the asshole, who have no idea, what he talking about
I must come on this board more often, since its lots a fun there!!!
...come on IFW, get serious! Start with buying glases, you DEFINITIVELY need one, when you dont recognizing the diference between 50Hz scrolling on 50 and 100Hz screen
And no, you are wrong and im right.

TO ALL other =;-) - well, i come there to seek some help and ask why things are that way, into UAE, and not another What i find is a bunch of retards, who insults everyone, dont saying that there are "right"... =;-)
Interesting. ".....................

2) Not to mention you insult the hard work of the WinUAE guys with the following drivel.......

"Tought generaly WinUAE suxx like hell, when come to play - slow, buggy, no synchronization of screen, no real joystick (at least i dont have any plugged into my SoundCard - and i still need digital not analog one...) and so on

In fact, it suxx, when come to playback.

But its good for making icons for games and grabing screens"

3) You've repeatedly taken every opportunity to deride & moan about WHDload games not working perfectly like your souped up Amiga, despite the fact Toni Wilen stated to you.....

"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so just a Tur2 and WHDload and he can see it for theirself
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I repeat:

I don't care about whdload (I don't even have registered whdload). Try normal disk version first.

quote:
how i from 8-12fps get smooth scrolling

Buy a faster PC and stop complaining "..........

If you honestly think there's so many bugs with the WinUAE or WHDload projects, stop your moaning & write your own emualtor then.

As I stated previously, when even normally silent Supermods are felt compelled to intervene you pay attention, THAT is what a quality called respect generates.

You can insert all the simley faces you like when you go & insult people, it doesn't change a thing. People involved in projects like CAPS & WinUAE don't get paid for their endeavours, & they're doing a whole lot more to keep the Amiga spirit alive than individuals like yourself ever will.

Galahad's original commentary sadly appears to manifesting itself.
Keep on insulting the Amiga community here & you will never gain any respect.

Once again, you have to be right to the exception of everyone else, it seems......
Old 24 February 2003, 04:01   #25
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thank you, 7-Zark-7! It sucks that you even had to take the time to point out these things to this guy, but some people are just blind to their own bad attitudes, offering nothing constructive.

Putting down WinUAE went out of style when Toni took over the controls. He listens to the users, knows the system(s) and responds to SERIOUS bug reports, not illiterate pissing and moaning from unreasonable twits.

The Amiga community was always blessed by passionate people keeping it alive in its heyday. That's still the case now (if not moreso), but unfortunately some people have an insatiable desire to only see things for their (perceived) imperfections.
Old 24 February 2003, 09:59   #26
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Í've learnt my lesson! ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by bippym
If they are game images, you cannot just use the imagefile, the whd.slave file patches the imagefile to work, and gets around the protection(s) etc..
No! No!

Codetapper & Galahad ... you both told me it's bullsh** what I asserted months ago, and this time I can correct another guy: WHDload HD fixers do never patch images / dumps permanently! That's a canard!
(with one exception: saving space by just compressing the image a bit, omitting unused tracks)

Right guys?
Old 24 February 2003, 10:44   #27
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
7-Zark-7 - is good include also the orginal postings from Amigaboy and such individuals, what dont do anythin except insulting
BTW, and whats your normal reaction when ppls insult you? I insult back. Some ppls just deserve that.
And smileys rules

andreas - thx for pointing out, that WHDload (mostly, to be VERY precise ) using only ORGINALS and do NOT modify the orginal diskimages (aka ADF files) into ANY way.
With some exceptions, like you mention - also some games are stupid enought to save positions on their own disk and such, but since the game writen back on floppy (Trex Warrior) works (at least the intro works on every Amigas i ever tried), its suspicious that you need illigal, cracked version just to run it under WinUAE...
That cant be true?!

Burseg - i better hear that my config suxx (sorry, i dont use centering, but i use 800x600 32bit P96 WB, so, i mostly leave the size at 800x600), that i have diferent image, what simply do not work with UAE. Okay, obtain orginal and give it a try. But dont be surprised that it dont run!
I try yours... version...
Old 24 February 2003, 11:07   #28
Walker

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Walker's thread is far more productive in which he took previously deemed non-working adf's and proved them to work. I don't have a link to that thread handy, so if someone wants to step in with it...

Walker can probably make everything on this list work...
Are you thinking of my BTTR Aid thread....?
Old 24 February 2003, 13:29   #29
oldpx

Bah. That's it. You are a TROLL
Quote:
its suspicious that you need illigal, cracked version just to run it under WinUAE...
That cant be true?!
No you are a TROLL and that's true. Your adf cannot run under WinUAE. For original games. You must use CAPS images or find another emulator which does boot whdload disk.x files. You are free to code yours.
Quote:
i better hear that my config suxx
Do whatever you want TROLL
Quote:
Okay, obtain orginal and give it a try. But dont be surprised that it dont run!
You don't have the "original" TROLL You have a non working .adf
Quote:
I try yours... version...
Ever heard of TOSEC TROLL?

Are you trying to get your game working or are you here to bitch?

Old 24 February 2003, 15:19   #30
Drake1009

I think just about everybody here need to calm down. Including you Burseg. The massive use of the word "troll" doesn't exactly leave the best impression. And I've seen people online with a lot worse manners than what has been displayed in this and the other thread.

@trodas : It's common courtesey when asking for help on something to be cooperative and helpful yourself in trying to iron out the problem. You won't get anywhere by dismissing everything everyone says as crap. Don't knock it till you've tried it. After all you came looking for a solution because what you knew wasn't enough right?
Toni does a wonderful job with winUAE even though there might still be some bugs and problems to be worked out.
Taking the image file from your WHDload does not always work, in fact, the games I've tried to do that with haven't worked at all. I'm afraid you'll need to go for that "illegal crack" as you state it, play it on your Amiga or cope with winUAE as it is, or at least try to help out when asking for help.

At any rate, I don't think there should be talk of banning quite yet (as there was in the other thread). Instead try to stop this namecalling and try to cooperate a bit and try to bear over with whatever it is you find annoying about someone else. I don't think namecalling and singling out people as bad people has ever done anything to this world, except maybe a couple of wars. Never anything constructive anyway.
Old 24 February 2003, 15:26   #31
oldpx

Quote:
I think just about everybody here need to calm down. Including you Burseg. The massive use of the word "troll" doesn't exactly leave the best impression. And I've seen people online with a lot worse manners than what has been displayed in this and the other thread.
One doesn't need to use slang words and insults to be a troll Drake. Despite all attempts of helping, this person is here to blame and flame winuae and I call this trolling. Anyway I'm not to impress anyone myself You have just started your attempt to help. I had been there and I wish you good luck.

Old 24 February 2003, 16:16   #32
Drake1009

I just stated that I'd like to see a more down to earth conversation Burseg. Calling him a troll over and over won't get your anywhere further than him saying winUAE suxx. I didn't jump into the fray earlier because I didn't really have anything to offer that the people who replied haven't already suggested (and because I'm a low life who don't read all topics but rather just follow a couple).

I'm with what's already been said here which is, try another version, or upgrade your rig, or at least make sure you have up to date drivers.

And if I wanted to just follow the same example of "this is true for me so it must be true for everyone" then I'd tell him to get the hell off windows 2k if he's on that because it suxxors. But I won't because I know that just because 2k was nothing but a step back for me it might work out better for him and anyone else.

Just play nice, that's all I ask. You don't have to like each other, but don't go calling each other names hoping that the other one will fold first and say he's the one who's wrong on everything. It won't happen I'm afraid.
Old 24 February 2003, 16:51   #33
oldpx

I don't understand why you're annoyed by my reaction. If you aren't, then I don't understand why you're bringing this here. You might be more successfull than me by remaining calm for a longer period of time so does that mean you're right to criticise my attitude? I can't say I don't "like" trodas, I'm just neutral. I wouldn't try to solve the Tres Warrior problem otherwise.

Play nice.. do this.. do that...hey am I to listen orders?

Old 24 February 2003, 17:12   #34
Drake1009

Sorry Burseg, it was just the way you were typing Troll over and over again and bolding it which made me think you were going a bit overboard with it. 2 of the points you made in your post were good, but the rest of them were just, if you excuse the expression, re-trolling.

Maybe I just got the term Troll wrong, but I would expect it would be used when someone posts something solely to anger others. I can very well understand you're upset with him, but from telling him to stop being so darn annoying and then to go trolling back at him would leave a world of difference.

Play nice would be a saying I think. It's a sort of way of saying "please be nice to each other".

I don't have a problem with you Burseg, never have and doubt I ever will (you on the other hand is free to have a problem with me). It was just that with RCK's statement in the other thread it seems like he wants to wait it out. No need to purposely persue this little flamewar tossing overboard all hope of getting anywhere.

Why can't we all just live in peace maaaan,,,whooaaaaaa the colors

What I don't like is the thought of the elite of EAB stooping as low as using troll like methods themselves.

If you think he's wrong, argue with him. If he doesn't seem to care about anything said, leave him alone knowing that wether you post or not won't make a difference. If everyone adopted this tactic if someone were just being annoying how long do you think a troll would hang around a message board?

You're better than that Burseg. I believe in you.
Old 24 February 2003, 17:34   #35
Amiga1992

troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

Shit. I've done it

;D
Old 24 February 2003, 17:47   #36
oldpx

I'd hate to have a problem with you. Why should I? I just don't agree you and don't want to continue this argument with you for I'm not against anything you say. Only thing I don't like is, you're suggesting your solution is good while mine is downright false.

I'm annoyed yes, and my reply wasn't kind and it's plainly because he's successfull in trolling. Plain and simple. Your peaceful argument way does seem to be a better way than mine in order to stop an argument but it's just your natural response, not mine. It might work for you but I'm not going to play an artificial role now.

Stopping an argument is escapism. Bearing the facts is much more satisfying in long term. Fact=Troll

As of our argument, I think we've got no problem to continue it.

I've chosen to display my feelings and thoughts just naturally. I've got nothing to lose against society for I know I'm not harming it. I'm glad my responses are direct for I care less about others' opinions about me than my own happiness. Developing a strategy against every person you don't agree on a message board would be rather tiring wouldn't it? I've got no energy to spend by "playing cool" when I'm actually stressed.

Quote:
You're better than that Burseg. I believe in you.
You are exaggerating. I feel like an asshole now.

Old 24 February 2003, 18:36   #37
Drake1009

I've had the day off so no wonder I'm not stressed today.

And now for the dirty work

*Attacks Akira with a wiffle bat for absurdly overly abundant(ly) use of the word(ly) troll*
Old 24 February 2003, 21:58   #38
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Unhappy People, people... ...err, i mean Burseg, Burseg...

So, when we after all we get into situation to admit that i was right and Trex Warrior did not work under WinUAE
(and no, i never ever talked about any modified/cracked/hacked or any bit diferent that orginal version)
- im being labelled as troll.
Interesting.
When lack of arguments come, peoples generaly tent to attack the person, with witch they dont agree.

You demonstrated that, Burseg, very precisely.

Thanks must go to Drake1009, who at least dont yell nonsenses to ppl, with what he maybe dont agree, right Akira? =:-/

Last edited by trodas; 24 February 2003 at 23:13.
Old 24 February 2003, 22:20   #39
oldpx

I don't see a tent here and mut is a city.

Old 24 February 2003, 22:20   #40
Drake1009

And trodas. I think you might want to give the CAPS release of the game a try to make sure you can say it doesn't work with winUAE. the ADF format doesn't support any copy protection schemes so writing back to adf file would break the game if it's an original file and there's any copy protection on it. I think that's what the others have tried to say, seems you've been talking past each other.

Now if the same ADF file works fine in winfellow you might say that there's something which is wrong.