English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 05 January 2016, 12:07   #41
Amigajay

Hi Kipper any update on the scart socket is it working ok? If not I'd like to buy one anyone minus the scart but with the keyboard socket pointing left (not down) please PM me details cost, shipping etc to the Uk thanks.
Old 05 January 2016, 15:23   #42
Akira

I haven't heard from kipper in a while, he seems very busy with the Vampire.
I asked this before but there was no answer, am I the only one who purchased the latest version of this adapter? If so, be very wary of my report of sound volume going down when the unit is plugged. I have received no confirmation from kipper about this being a generalized issue or just a one off. So I wouldn't get one until kipper confirms this design is ok.
Old 21 January 2016, 00:40   #43
Akira

Talking to myself again

Kipper i know you are busy with Vampire, and am sorry I have written to you basically every month, but I would very much like to know what to do about this adapter, which I haven't been able to use since I reported these problems. I am afraid to break my CD32 and also worry that any problems with this adapter could further hinder the reality of Stedy's Hermes expansion, since this adapter is the "building block" onto which future expansions should latch.

It'd make me very sad for many reasons if you abandon this project because of Vampire.

I hope you can take a look at the current revision of the adapter and figure out if there's a generalized problem (and fix it) or if it is just my unit and you can replace it for a working one.
Old 28 January 2016, 05:43   #44
Akira

Hi guys it's me the pain in the ass again

Kipper has discovered that this problem I have is related to the keyboard controller chip. Removing it fixed the audio issue.
So for now, I would say keyboard support is still not working. We'll have to wait for a fix to come up.
Old 28 January 2016, 10:11   #45
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Hi guys it's me the pain in the ass again

Kipper has discovered that this problem I have is related to the keyboard controller chip. Removing it fixed the audio issue.
So for now, I would say keyboard support is still not working. We'll have to wait for a fix to come up.
Ah good to know thanks for the update, i use a ps/2 adaptor anyway so i don't need the keyboard socket anyway, i guess I'll try and contact Kipper on his site as i'm getting no reply on here.
Old 28 January 2016, 18:11   #46
Akira

Kipper has been tremendously busy with the Vampire II, his inbox must be filled with stuff regarding it, so you might not get an answer quickly (took me some months to get one).

So you have the same revision adapter I do? Because even if you don't use the keyboard, you still get the issue as long as the controller chip is connected to the board.
Old 28 January 2016, 19:09   #47
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Kipper has been tremendously busy with the Vampire II, his inbox must be filled with stuff regarding it, so you might not get an answer quickly (took me some months to get one).

So you have the same revision adapter I do? Because even if you don't use the keyboard, you still get the issue as long as the controller chip is connected to the board.
No i dont have any adaptor from kipper yet, i use ps/2 keyboard adaptor to the cd32 keyboard port so i wont need it.
Old 30 March 2016, 00:08   #48
Kloks

Is it still possible to buy the adaptor?
Old 30 March 2016, 10:04   #49
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloks View Post
Is it still possible to buy the adaptor?
Seems not, I've asked various times and emailed, i know he is busy with the Vampire, but it doesn't take a few secs to send a courtesy reply to say so....
Old 30 March 2016, 18:33   #50
Kloks

Someone have a Idea how to build a RGB Outbut via expension port? I would build it on my own, but don't know if it is just soldering or if he use a special chip to have it working.
Old 30 March 2016, 18:51   #51
supaduper

This guy makes great CD32 RGB adapters, I have one works great, mail him for info ,he`s a helpful guy

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...32-RGB-adaptor
Old 30 March 2016, 18:52   #52
wmsteele

You can easily solder a cable or socket for rgb directly to the motherboard, nothing special required. Kipper's solution is handy if your not good with a soldering iron.
Old 30 March 2016, 19:04   #53
Kloks

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaduper View Post
This guy makes great CD32 RGB adapters, I have one works great, mail him for info ,he`s a helpful guy

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...32-RGB-adaptor
That link is from 2014. Can I still sell it from the topic starter? How is the e-mailadress or is it only possible to contact him with private message on tha forum you link to?
Old 30 March 2016, 19:13   #54
supaduper

Easy just join Amibay and mail him its Free
Old 30 March 2016, 19:15   #55
Kloks

It's just not that easy. I have to post 2 times on Amibay, but I can't write something anywhere on the board.
Old 30 March 2016, 19:34   #56
supaduper

sure you can just start a thread about the CD32 rgb adapter lol , dont be shy now
Old 30 March 2016, 19:43   #57
Kloks

That is not possible I can't create a topic at Amigabay or can react on an old topic.
For sure I have click on the url in the registration e-mail and have accept the board rules.
Old 30 March 2016, 19:50   #58
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Introduce yourself and just reply to a thread agreeing to a comment
Old 30 March 2016, 19:54   #59
Kloks

Yeah, if I could do that I would Not possible, as I said before.

What else do I have to do?

- I have get an e-mail and click on that url to activate my account there.
- I have agree to the borad rules
Old 30 March 2016, 19:59   #60
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloks View Post
Yeah, if I could do that I would Not possible, as I said before.
Seems like there is something wrong with your account.
The whole point of joining is to post in threads.
The 2 post minimum limit is for uploading/downloading? And (I think) sending PM's.