English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 July 2011, 02:47   #1
chocolate_boy

Graphical Corruption

I seem to have an odd problem with my A1200. I run an 030 accelerator, with 70 megs of RAM, 4 gig CF Card, ClassicWB FULL installed on it.

The system runs well, however I have a strange graphical corruption when launching some apps in full screen, such as demos, anims and diskmags, launching them from workbench shows them flickering and badly corrupted

http://i.imgur.com/XevWr.jpg

As in the image above. If they're launched from disk or games from WHDLoad they look fine, so I'm sure it's not a chipset problem.

My screenmodes look strange though, they're not PAL etc. they're all prefixed by CGXPAL, so CGXPAL: High Res Laced

I've tried replacing my PAL driver in monitors, but they're still CGX, is this part of ClassicWB, how can I get these demos to display?
Old 26 July 2011, 04:41   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Disable graphics patches like birdie and fblit in the startup-sequence and try again.

Also get a Classic Workbench version without CGX installed.
Old 26 July 2011, 07:32   #3
NovaCoder

Hiya,

It's easy to disable the nasty hack/patch CyberBugFix thing in ClassicWB, just right click (eg wb->settings->startup->components and just choose to disable it).

I don't think that's causing your problem though but it's worth a try at least. I disabled it on my ClassicWB setup because it was causing issues lockups with ScummVM AGA.
Old 27 July 2011, 13:39   #4
Bloodwych

Cyberbugfix is only in the ClassicWB 3.5 and 3.9 packs, much to Novacoder's dismay.

I'm confused why you have CGX prefix - it doesn't come with a default install of ClassicWB FULL. Have you tried running FULL in WinUAE using the same programs?