English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 04 September 2010, 17:19   #1
Rixa

Curious claim about The 64 Emulator 2

I ran into something that raised an eyebrow the other day when surfing for random things on eBay. It was a complete set of "The 64 Emulator 2" by ReadySoft for the Amiga. In the description it said:
I've had a few emails and turns out the software isn't all that hard to find and from what I'm told you can still get updates for it on the web and the last update was late 2009, so it's still going strong.
Now, I think it would be quite amazing if a 20+ year old commercial software product that runs on an Amiga to emulate a C64 was still being actively supported. I couldn't find anything with Google, so I asked the seller if he had any details. Apparently someone had mailed him a few links about it to put on the page, but he hadn't gotten around it and had since lost the mail.

I'm inclined to think that this must be a mistake. Still, it's a strange world - am I wrong?