English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 February 2016, 15:05   #21
TuKo
Apollo Team

Congrats Davka ! I hope you will post a review of it !
Old 01 February 2016, 18:32   #22
trixster
Guru Meditating

Looks bloody great!
Old 01 February 2016, 21:45   #23
TuKo
Apollo Team

Did some work on the Vampire socket. According to last majsta's message, I used some sandpaper to get the socket correctly mounted. Now it doesn't move a inch. I took my ACA620 mounting system to secure it ever more.

Last edited by TuKo; 01 February 2016 at 22:40.
Old 01 February 2016, 22:16   #24
TuKo
Apollo Team

SysSpeed screenshot taken with current beta core (2988) :
Old 01 February 2016, 22:18   #25
lolof

@8bitbubsy

It works very well with Indivision and the core who is actually sent with the Vampire... My Vampire is running with A604n+indivision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VampireII Indivision ECS.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	47249  

Last edited by lolof; 01 February 2016 at 22:24.
Old 02 February 2016, 08:51   #26
cgugl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
@8bitbubsy

It works very well with Indivision and the core who is actually sent with the Vampire... My Vampire is running with A604n+indivision.
it works only as scandoubler.
You can't enable any graffiti emulation.

... i had psu issue with the indivision, so it is not recommended to use it
(and really not needed because you have Picasso96)
Old 02 February 2016, 09:19   #27
lolof

I have no PSU problems at all and it works very well as SD/FF, you should really check your PSU.... I would be afraid to use a PSU who is not working well because of an indivision with any of my Amiga....

I´ve not tried with P96 emulation, so it's possible it does not work with but I do not understand why we could not used the indy now as the core the normal customers have is without P96.

I have to remember people that most of the pictures seen on internet are with a newer beta core including P96, it's not the core that normals customers are using/receiving with their Vampire at the moment....
Then, why can't we use an Indivision while waiting for the full P96 core ????

Most of us has surely one already, I did not buy it especially for this setup but I am very happy to have it now and till we will get the full core...
Old 02 February 2016, 13:08   #28
grond

Quote:
I have no PSU problems at all and it works very well as SD/FF, you should really check your PSU.... I would be afraid to use a PSU who is not working well because of an indivision with any of my Amiga....
There are a lot of aging Amigas out there and the A600 PSU is notorious for being weak by design. Add to this the number of PSUs which got even worse due to aging but never got fixed by their owners. The project would have to endure even more bullshitting from the usual suspects interested in a failure of the vampire project if there were stability problems (in addition to what you may expect from a silver core) due to weak PSUs. PSU problems are usually hard to track and to clearly identify as such. Having yet another component draw some Watts from the 5V supply can be too much for an old A600 PSU. Of course, all is fine if you have replaced the PSU by a modern and powerful one (I think mine has 80 Watts and fits nicely inside the old PSU case).

Quote:
I´ve not tried with P96 emulation, so it's possible it does not work with but I do not understand why we could not used the indy now as the core the normal customers have is without P96.
"P96" is software. The core you have already has RTG functionality inside. It has a framebuffer which you can activate, configure and write gfx data to. The hardware registers for controlling the RTG subsystem are mapped into the Amiga hardware register address space as are those of the Indivision. The accesses to these non-Amiga hardware registers are intercepted and redirected to the corresponding registers inside the FPGA. Once the Amiga custom chips are implemented inside the FPGA, all hardware register accesses will remain inside the FPGA. Since the Indivision is also controlled through such hardware registers, it just will not receive any control data any more which is why there is no Indivision compatibility. The flickerfixer part of the Indivision is pure electronics and thus cannot be disabled. However, even this will only hold true as long as the custom chips are not emulated inside the FPGA. Once this is done, the Indivision will be completely useless because the custom chips and chipmem of the Amiga won't receive any gfx data any more and will be disabled completely (they could even be faulty, it wouldn't matter).

I think it is only fair to mention now that the vampire will be completely incompatible with the Indivision (even though currently there is some of its functionality left) because many people are seeking A600s now in order to put a vampire into it. They might also consider buying an Indivision which will be totally useless and also overpriced in comparison to e.g. a SCART-HDMI converter available for 30€.
Old 02 February 2016, 13:15   #29
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
Too bad it doesn't work with an Indivision ECS. Main reason I didn't get it. It got a Furia EC020 v2 instead.
They could implement the equivalent of Indivision ECS now if they wanted to. (i.e. had the time to)

The HDL is freely available. They just need to import the OCS/ECS Denise part of MiniMig into their core. Presumably a few days hard work.

That is effectively how the Indivision ECS works. It is a HDL re-creation of the Denise (+ extra stuff).
Old 02 February 2016, 13:58   #30
lolof

@ grond

I am not running the A600 with its original PSU. Actually, I want to keep my amigas running for some more years !!!! Other users should do the same...

Thank you very much for the explanation and to confirm what I wanted to say,I mean that at the time being, Indy is compatible. And I am happy because I am a user who have no Monitor capable of showing native amiga screen and I already had a Indivision ready to use. It would have cost me more money to buy a new monitor :-)
I am sure, I am not the only one in this situation and hope some other users will be also able to enjoy the Vampire as I do with the indy (waiting new core).

Of course, I will be more than happy when I will be able to use a core without this addon, not that I do not like it (it does a perfect job) but saga looks so great !

Last edited by lolof; 02 February 2016 at 14:10.
Old 02 February 2016, 14:34   #31
Overflow

@lolof

Yes, Im in the same boat. I just ordered a new PSU from Mechy for my A1200.

I got no Amiga monitors, just Samsungs unable to produce normal Amiga resolutions.
For that purpose I got Indivision Mk2 A1200, hopefully one day coupled with an A1200 Vampire model.
Old 02 February 2016, 14:35   #32
grond

Quote:
I mean that at the time being, Indy is compatible.
The grafitti mode doesn't work. I call that "incompatible".
Old 02 February 2016, 14:38   #33
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I got no Amiga monitors, just Samsungs unable to produce normal Amiga resolutions.
For that purpose I got Indivision Mk2 A1200, hopefully one day coupled with an A1200 Vampire model.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/1X-1080P-SCAR...4AAOSwwbdWP0Yp
Old 02 February 2016, 14:44   #34
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Thanks
Old 02 February 2016, 16:32   #35
lolof

Quote:
The grafitti mode doesn't work. I call that "incompatible".
ah, ok! Graffiti mode, very important, I can't live without it Honestly, I am happy to have a proper image and to be able to use my 600 with the vampire.
Old 02 February 2016, 16:42   #36
grond

lolof, it is good that you appreciate the level of compatibility the Indivision and the Vampire currently have. But you must understand that the perspective of the people who provide the Vampire has to be different. A clear statement had to be made.
Old 02 February 2016, 17:42   #37
TuKo
Apollo Team

New screenshot
Old 02 February 2016, 18:03   #38
wawa

Quote:
bullshitting from the usual suspects
cmon, i dont see any much of that. not that there would be any reason to complain about
btw. im back in berlin in my studio. i see you are being busy, but the coffe offer still stands.
Old 02 February 2016, 18:16   #39
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuKo View Post
New screenshot
Ay caramba !

As I have said numerous times before, this is the future of Amiga
Old 03 February 2016, 00:44   #40
mr.spiv

Quote:
Out of curiosity.. I presume this converter does good job showing 50Hz modes i.e., no tearing etc things while scrolling?