English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 07 July 2017, 09:33   #21
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
A few years ago: Valve, and they were awesome. Nowadays its the publishers and the sales have become pretty tame. Still good, but tame.

What is an example of a game on 90% discount? I've seen them but they're just the oldest titles in franchises, or indie titles which cost pennies to begin with.
I got The Silent Age at 0.99, but yeah you're right, you won't find anything newly released or AAA at that discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I've spent about the same amount, which is much more then I usually spend on games. Mostly thanks to 15 bucks for Infinity gold editions (all 3 games) for my kids. (all characters and stories are unlocked, you don't need Infinity pad and characters/locations)

As always, no Fallout/Elder Scroll game with good discount... so did not get any.
It's not a terrible amount of money really, I used to spend much much more than that on games, and there are lots of games I'd like to play, but they either won't run on my computer or I just lack the patience to install, set up, and learn how to play.

I've started to appreciate this relatively new style of "simple" games like Limbo and Inside where you have few or no settings or key-binds to go over, you just drop into the game and play right away.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 July 2017, 02:16   #22
jmmijo

If you are a *true* game collector then it will not matter how good or bad the game is, just look at my library
Old 14 July 2017, 11:48   #23
Leffmann

Yes if you have the wallet for both the games and the storage I'm guessing you have a huge NAS tucked away in a closet somewhere?

I have 250GB drive for Steam, and it feels a bit like the old 20MB SupraDrive 500XP, where you always had to throw out the least used stuff when you wanted to put in something new.
Old 14 July 2017, 16:20   #24
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

At least storage is not expensive... and even if you have laptop, fast external storage is not that expensive, at least here.

I don't have a problems setting old games on any emulator/system and I actually just did that for some old games last week and first time actually finished Indy 3 graphic adventure game (FM Town version),

LaunchBox has good videos how to setup systems and it is great front end that supports MAME, DOSBox, ScummVM, WinUAE and many other emulators. You can also import games from GOG/Origin/Steam.

I tend to play newer games on PS3/PS4.

Just last week got God of War trilogy, Shadow of Colossus and couple other games. I have now ~100 PS 4 titles (playstation store) and I also borrow new games from library. I am looking into upgrading HD for PS4 to 2TB disk.
Old 27 July 2017, 14:16   #25
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
At least storage is not expensive... and even if you have laptop, fast external storage is not that expensive, at least here.
Yeah it is, what I meant was that being a serious collector is always expensive.

HDDs start at about 50 per TB here, I don't think it has ever been cheaper. I got a new 1 TB drive last week, the old 250GB was 9 years old and "spinning on borrowed time". Pretty surprising that it had survived that long.
Old 27 July 2017, 23:39   #26
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Yeah it is, what I meant was that being a serious collector is always expensive.
Indeed. Now try "collecting" an infinitely incomplete set, like Steam games.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 July 2017, 21:29   #27
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

What are you calling jmmijo and Fissarus??

They will succeed in their mission, and make steam great again... wonderfully... it will be best steam ever created...
Old 29 July 2017, 03:55   #28
haps
Rumpig

My collection will be getting a boost over the next 12 months. I was a winner in a competition at Bundlestars and get all their bundles free for the next 12 months. Only applies to mixed bundles up to $9.99, no publisher exclusive or franchise bundles. Surprised the shit out of me, I'm an unlucky sod who couldn't even win a chook raffle down the pub on a Friday night.
Old 29 July 2017, 04:34   #29
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
My collection will be getting a boost over the next 12 months. I was a winner in a competition at Bundlestars and get all their bundles free for the next 12 months. Only applies to mixed bundles up to $9.99, no publisher exclusive or franchise bundles. Surprised the shit out of me, I'm an unlucky sod who couldn't even win a chook raffle down the pub on a Friday night.
So the old Cream tune:

"If it wasn't for BAD luck, I'd have NO luck at all..."

Old 29 July 2017, 08:29   #30
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Indeed. Now try "collecting" an infinitely incomplete set, like Steam games.
Collecting a complete set would be too easy, remember it's more fun to chase the rabbit than to get the rabbit.
Old 29 July 2017, 18:35   #31
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
I was thinking this was more 'fake competitions'... Glad to see that there are some real winners...
AdSense AdSense