English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 22 August 2016, 16:12   #81
BarryB
Amigaholic

I think Elite was the first to use PGC though in 1984 on the BBC B and Electron!

I like Marmite, perhaps NMS should be subtitled: 'The game that's a lot like Marmite, except not many people like Marmite'? Which is quite contradictory as that means I should like it but I don't?

I also had a ball with a mates GTA V the other day, Tasered someone outside a well busy nightclub and watched everyone suddenly leg it down the pavement then drove down the pavement after them playing 'Human Skittles', talk about raining cats and dogs, much funness
AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 August 2016, 16:37   #82
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
If you put something on the internet you are inviting other people's opinions, especially on a forum or is the concept beyond you bright spark?

Not that it matters to me, but surely to give something a chance you should really play it. But I guess you're one of those people that buys an iPhone because everyone else tells you there great.

Please list the 'promised features' that haven't appeared.
Incredible how polite you are, SIR....

I am still not sure if I even like promised feature...

Speaking of ED, played it for few weeks, got bored and did not start it in 2 weeks. Will probably give it another go before deleting it.

To me countdown time to go to hyper space, time you in wormhole, time takes to access stations that are around different star in the same system (2K+ ls)... was interesting first 10 times, but then... should I read book while flying??

I can't see No Man's Sky being any way different...
Old 22 August 2016, 17:35   #83
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Here you go, sir: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...on_a_big_list/

EDIT: and in form of a video -
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Shoonay; 22 August 2016 at 17:50.
Old 22 August 2016, 17:52   #84
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Come on now, some very vague comments from someone does not constitute a promised feature.

I very much doubt anyone brought the game because he said "maybe you can take out a space station" for example.

Just a bunch of reddit users being reddit users I guess.

Even looking in the list you can see they are actually clearing up that "missing features" are actually in the game. I'm fairly confident that most others will be too.

But seriously, if that's the big list of missing features that were "promised", aside from player interactions that have been known to be virtually impossible for months, I see no deal breakers what so ever.

In fact I see nothing anyone but the entitled generation would give 2 shits about. Who cares if you can't see animals eat other animals, seriously. (Obviously this is confirmed to be in the game, but it's was on the list as a so called "broken promise")
Old 22 August 2016, 19:49   #85
BarryB
Amigaholic

So what about GAMEPLAY? That's a HUGE feature that's missing Sean Murray, where's that you lying sack of sh*t!!
Old 23 August 2016, 05:01   #86
ptyerman

Quote:
If you put something on the internet you are inviting other people's opinions, especially on a forum or is the concept beyond you bright spark?

Not that it matters to me, but surely to give something a chance you should really play it. But I guess you're one of those people that buys an iPhone because everyone else tells you there great.

Wrong again! I don't even have or want a smartphone of any kind or make, plus I wouldn't touch anything made by Apple at all. In fact the only reason I even have a mobile is because of my business, I wouldn't bother with one otherwise!
You really should give up on trying to push your own agenda and idea's of what other folk are, your not very good at it.
The promised features are well documented and covered in several reviews and write ups around the internet, look around for yourself instead of expecting someone else to do the work for you. Ars Technica UK is a good place to start after you have gone through and read the various development notes and blogs.
My advice to you is, go see a doctor about those mental health issues you're displaying, before it gets worse!
Old 23 August 2016, 10:57   #87
haps
Rumpig

This thread is getting to be more entertaining than the game sounds to be. xD
Old 23 August 2016, 15:22   #88
BarryB
Amigaholic

Always the same when you have differences of opinion, I need to get more popcorn though!
Old 23 August 2016, 16:25   #89
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
My advice to you is, go see a doctor about those mental health issues you're displaying, before it gets worse!
This all of the sudden become personal...

You can be 'good' friend with my father in law, who believes everything he finds on internet, including that humans were on other planets and other stars?!

At some point, very earlier in our conversations I decided not to confront him,... let him live in his bubble... would be sad day to burst it with facts...
Old 23 August 2016, 21:05   #90
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Clearly Sean Murray is the next game designer that needs to be sacrificed so next year's corn harvest will be great. Poor guy.

Maybe he should have kept himself obscure rather than his game. It worked for game designers in the golden days, if a game sucked the criticism stuck to the game itself and quickly died away with its universally bad review scores and poor sales - and then we would look forward to the next game from company X which would surely make everything better. Nobody felt inclined to declare war on everyone involved with it for months or even years on end, the focus was just on a thing and not a person.

edit:

aaaaah, soothing voice.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by gimbal; 23 August 2016 at 22:02.
Old 28 August 2016, 14:15   #91
Shoonay
Global Caturator

And that's about it for this game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...s_sky_refunds/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment..._copy_for_ps4/
Old 28 August 2016, 17:25   #92
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Too bad, there goes any opportunity for the game to grow into something decent. I'll bet Sony is just as easy to pull the plug on the servers as EA is.
Old 28 August 2016, 18:39   #93
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
onetime gesture of goodwill and the funds will return to your PSN wallet

This is exactly the same answer I got when my son got wrong game. It did not even take 10 minutes to get refund and I was doubtful we will get one, because I read about horror stories people posted before about PS support.

Old 28 August 2016, 20:32   #94
BarryB
Amigaholic

Hmmm... So NMS now means No More Sales then
Old 28 August 2016, 22:12   #95
Dunny

It's now at No. 16 in Steam's charts, and there's quite few reviewers (RPS in particular) that are really enjoying it. Unfortunately there's also many comments to the effect that they shouldn't be enjoying it due to lies and stuff, which is complete bull, tbh.

I'm still loving it btw
Old 29 August 2016, 13:05   #96
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Sad state of the game....

'No Man's Sky' News & Update: Disappointed Players Demand Refunds; Steam, Sony and Amazon Comply
Old 29 August 2016, 16:04   #97
BarryB
Amigaholic

The best thing would be to pull it from sale, fix what's wrong and then release it 'complete' with all promised features, nothing less should be acceptable. There should also be fines for this sort of thing, companies releasing unfinished products, it seems the gaming industry is exempt from any penalty when they knowingly mislead people!
Old 29 August 2016, 16:17   #98
Dunny

BarryB: Indeed - Watchdogs and Arkham Knight pretty much leap to mind. Not so sure about NMS though; my son and I went through all the pre-launch trailers and gameplay videos and didn't see anything aside from tree-destruction that didn't make it to the final product (portals became space-based black holes, granted).
Old 29 August 2016, 21:08   #99
BarryB
Amigaholic

Did you see Shoonays link to the Reddit discussion in post #83? Seems a heck of a lot to have missed out in the game, can't vouch for it seeing as I ain't buying it but someone went to a great deal of effort to find all the 'promised or talked about' features that were not in the final game! Having said that, have any patches actually put anything in that was missing?
Old 29 August 2016, 21:36   #100
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Well not yet, such things take time especially with a small team that also needs to fix piles of bugs.

But its all fluff, it is and remains a chart the universe game no matter what bits and bops they still add. Its the core gameplay that people feel cheated about, not some random missing features.
AdSense AdSense