https://www.bluesnews.com/s/173715/p...ver-wipe-plans
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/08...-on-pc/219977/
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1258713
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 August 2016, 01:07   #22
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
My 'assessment' is based on the opinions of people who have played the leaked copy! I'll wait until it's been out a few months, read the reviews and seen how many patches it needs before it's playable and stable. Then, if it looks anywhere near as good as the hype, will probably buy it in a sale if it's under a tenner!

The Kotaku video is still available for those that want to see actual gameplay!
I thought SONY was aggressively COPYRIGHT striking everybody that had leaked footage
Old 07 August 2016, 03:27   #23
BarryB
Amigaholic

The gameplay video on Kotaku is still up! Probably not a good idea by Sony to start threatening people that are giving the game more (and free) exposure!
Old 08 August 2016, 14:10   #24
ptyerman

There's a new write up over on Ars Technica UK about the new 1.03 release patch and which includes the changelog. http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016...-release-date/.
It sounds like they have been working flat out to get this released before game release day, it also sounds like they have made the game much more appealing.
The leaked video's and accompanying reviews have done a lot of good after all. A lot more to come yet too, they're already working on the next patch/add-on. Looking forward to Friday even more now!
Old 08 August 2016, 15:07   #25
BarryB
Amigaholic

Not exactly been a smooth pre-launch has it though!!
Old 08 August 2016, 15:43   #26
ptyerman

Quote:
Not exactly been a smooth pre-launch has it though!!
No, but I can't even think of a game that's had one of those for several years. There's always something, no matter how little or inconsequential either just before or after release.
The biggest problem is greed by the publishers, pushing for release before the game is finished, many games have fell to that over the years. Another is impatience and total disregard for the developers wishes, both of those scenarios have applied here!
It seems that is the norm these days.
Old 08 August 2016, 15:50   #27
Dunny

Let's all remember with great fondness the PC release of Arkham Knight.
Old 08 August 2016, 16:02   #28
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
No, but I can't even think of a game that's had one of those for several years. There's always something, no matter how little or inconsequential either just before or after release.
The biggest problem is greed by the publishers, pushing for release before the game is finished, many games have fell to that over the years. Another is impatience and total disregard for the developers wishes, both of those scenarios have applied here!
It seems that is the norm these days.
Yep, F* the developers - why can't they work 17 hours per day if they already work 16?! What's the big deal to meet the delivery date???

Lazy booms...

This crazy publisher mentality is not new... nor I can see it go away anytime soon.
Old 09 August 2016, 13:15   #29
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

First reviews are in....

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...isappointment/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/9/124...day-one-ps4-pc

[ Show youtube player ]

Graphics are bit downgraded from previews, but still very interesting universe, crafting gives repetitiveness... but might be interesting... shoot everything to loot... and icons... everywhere.

Otherwise, gem for eyes...
Old 09 August 2016, 22:31   #30
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Watching it on Twitch. It sounds spectacular, very atmospheric music. Graphically some things looks excellent and other things just look cheap, its what I would expect from a massive game like this where nothing is hand crafted.

Gameplay doesn't seem too appealing so far though :/ What happens to the fun factor after the "oooooh! aaaaaah! shiny me likey!" factor wears off after a couple of hours? The chance of actually meeting someone else right now seems 0%.
Old 09 August 2016, 23:38   #31
ptyerman

I can see me getting bored with it very quickly, I never have fell for the pretty pictures swindle in games. Always prefer gameplay over visuals.
These are all PS4 shots at the moment though, the PC version should look even better.
Old 10 August 2016, 01:10   #32
BarryB
Amigaholic

Not worth 40 if you ask me, just waiting for the price of the 'Season Pass' to be announced
Old 10 August 2016, 01:34   #33
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
The chance of actually meeting someone else right now seems 0%.
The chance of meeting someone else is actually 0% - looks like they didn't put any co-op play in there at all, and the online segment of the package is solely to allow you to upload your discoveries.

And considering that I play Elite: Dangerous exclusively in solo mode is entirely right up my street
Old 10 August 2016, 09:09   #34
ptyerman

Quote:
Not worth 40 if you ask me, just waiting for the price of the 'Season Pass' to be announced
The price doesn't bother me really, I spend twice that on a night out.

It disappoints on not living up to the hype, should be used to that by now though.
Just have to hope the forthcoming patches add content and gameplay into the mix. I may not even bother with it until after the next round of patches because as it is I think I would be deleting it after 20 minutes.
Old 10 August 2016, 11:42   #35
Dunny

To be fair, the only thing that it doesn't do that the developers kinda, sort of hinted that might happen is meeting other players if they happen to be on the same planet as eachother.

Other than that, it does exactly what the devs said it would do - so what hype exactly are you referring to?
Old 10 August 2016, 17:18   #36
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
The price doesn't bother me really, I spend twice that on a night out.
I know, a few rounds down Mansfield soon eats into 50
Old 10 August 2016, 20:17   #37
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'd still rather spend the money on a nice steak dinner for two

But still... I'm just massively curious to play it. I think the game is selling well just for that factor alone. So to answer the question of will it flop: financially I think not, but it will probably follow the same path as Destiny. The devs will be spending lots of energy to keep people interested beyond the initial surge, and perhaps this small developer just can't keep up with demand.
Old 11 August 2016, 01:11   #38
Dunny

I think Gimbal has it spot on - there's the section of players that just want to go exploring, who don't care about multiplayer experiences or story or "things to do" but they're likely in the minority; the rest of the player base will be disappointed that there's nothing for them to do.

Looking at Elite: Dangerous, Frontier are frantically trying to inject man-made quests and discoveries into their game due to the lack of actual content and they're a reasonably large studio. I think that if HG try to do that then they'll probably fail.

I'm in the first camp, btw - I don't give a damn about doing things, I just want to get lost in it and find new things to look at and so far from the leaked videos it's going to last me years...
Old 11 August 2016, 12:54   #39
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
To be fair, the only thing that it doesn't do that the developers kinda, sort of hinted that might happen is meeting other players if they happen to be on the same planet as eachother.
Other than that, it does exactly what the devs said it would do - so what hype exactly are you referring to?
How deep have you had your head buried for the last couple of year? I'm not going to sit here and explain it all to you, if you want to look it up there's plenty of search engines around.
The articles over on Ars are a good place to start for an explanation, plus there is another this morning: http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016...-skys-release/
Clearly hype, both from Hello Games and from Sony. It's been happening for at least 2 years!
It won't stop me playing it, but that doesn't mean I can't mention the hype behind it all.
Old 11 August 2016, 13:30   #40
Dunny

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you - I was just wondering what you personally found to be misleading (aside from the multiplayer/coop aspect that has been both advertised and flatly denied in two separate videos - early on in development Sean categorically stated that you would be able to see the effects of other players (in named creatures/systems) but not see the players themselves, and in another video he mentioned that there may be a lobby/instance system for players to meet up...) as I've yet to see anything they've touted in the interviews and previews that hasn't actually made it into the game.

I suspect that the hype has been built up by the fans more than HG, but HG have done nothing to calm it down with some realistic dialogue.
AdSense AdSense