Old 31 October 2013, 19:52   #23
TCD
Global Moderator

One word: Jackpot
Old 05 November 2013, 16:56   #24
TCD
Global Moderator

I found this:

Speculations are that the 2 older Batman games and some LEGO ones will be included as well.
Old 05 November 2013, 20:09   #25
Shoonay
Global Caturator

And here it is: https://www.humblebundle.com

Bonus: https://www.g2a.com/batman-arkham-or...ey-global.html

EDIT:
Quote:
Top Contributors

1. Bruce Wayne

EDIT2: Apparently Humble Bundle allows gifting game codes you already own now: http://support.humblebundle.com/cust...ing-steam-keys

Last edited by Shoonay; 05 November 2013 at 20:28.
Old 07 November 2013, 20:22   #26
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Weekly Humble is on: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Old 07 November 2013, 23:35   #27
BarryB
Amigaholic

Seems I won't be buying any of those bundles due to steam. I gave up buying from steam 2 years ago, only buy from GOG now due to no DRM.

The bull Gabe gave about the offline mode needing to connect every so often before you can play being a 'bug' is just BS, they've known for years this was happening and did f*ck all about it! Plus the fact you still can't 'sell' the games you don't want even though a court ruling made it legal just shows the contempt they have for their users.

I hope the court case being brought against them in Germany succeeds so I can sell the lot and be rid of steam once and for all!!
Old 08 November 2013, 00:47   #28
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Seems I won't be buying any of those bundles due to steam. I gave up buying from steam 2 years ago, only buy from GOG now due to no DRM.

The bull Gabe gave about the offline mode needing to connect every so often before you can play being a 'bug' is just BS, they've known for years this was happening and did f*ck all about it! Plus the fact you still can't 'sell' the games you don't want even though a court ruling made it legal just shows the contempt they have for their users.

I hope the court case being brought against them in Germany succeeds so I can sell the lot and be rid of steam once and for all!!
I disagree but to each their own.
Old 08 November 2013, 04:46   #29
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:

Gabe's reaction:

Old 08 November 2013, 09:45   #30
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:

Pffffffffffffffft. Well if that's the thing you get worked up about, you must have a pretty good life.
Old 08 November 2013, 13:59   #31
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:

All I have to say is...

Oh and about your other problem:

Yup, you totally need Steam to play those games...
Old 09 November 2013, 03:33   #32
jmmijo

Oh and the obligitory "Half-Life 3 Confirmed" post
Old 09 November 2013, 07:46   #33
lilalurl
T32

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
And the obligatory "oh, I have heard rumours that they changed the name to Half-Life Forever (or Gordon Squad)" post
Old 09 November 2013, 13:30   #34
BarryB
Amigaholic

@TCD: Quite a few of those I own via GOG: A New Beginning, Deponia (plus Deponia 2), Edna & Harvey (both games included), The Dark Eye and Whispered World. Journey of a Roach is on GOG too. I own 137 games on GOG vs, oh! I don't seem to have steam installed to check

And I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree, personally i'm just sick of the bloat you have to download and have running just to get different games working, Steam, EADM, Origin and UPlay to name the main ones
Old 09 November 2013, 13:59   #35
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
[...] personally i'm just sick of the bloat you have to download and have running just to get different games working, Steam, EADM, Origin and UPlay to name the main ones
No idea what you mean, I don't have to be running any of no EADM, Origin nor UPlay when I use Steam. GfWL was also removed from some Steam games, like both of them Batmans. Depends on the game I guess...
Not only that, but personally I *WANT* Steam running in the background to keep track of my game time, my achievements, my friends and their achievements and all the extra data Steam is using to monitor my every move.
Having a build-in browser in every game (that supports the Steam layer) with a click of the button to quickly search for gameplay tips or problems of any kind helps too.

Last edited by Shoonay; 09 November 2013 at 14:04.
Old 09 November 2013, 14:13   #36
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:
@TCD: Quite a few of those I own via GOG: A New Beginning, Deponia (plus Deponia 2), Edna & Harvey (both games included), The Dark Eye and Whispered World. Journey of a Roach is on GOG too. I own 137 games on GOG vs, oh! I don't seem to have steam installed to check

And I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree, personally i'm just sick of the bloat you have to download and have running just to get different games working, Steam, EADM, Origin and UPlay to name the main ones
Er... my point was that you don't need Steam to play the games from the Humble Bundle. It's just an option. Your rant for this specific bundle is quite... odd to say the least.
Old 09 November 2013, 15:56   #37
BarryB
Amigaholic

My point/rant was just needing steam, and needing steam in general The Humble Bundle (not weekly) still needs steam though! The Humble cause is ok, just not the DRM which means I won't be buying anything that uses steam so losing my contribution as there are games I'd buy if it were not for steam, if you see what I mean

@Shoonay: I don't bother with multiplayer but you still need all the bloat to load and play! I just look at all the crap that loads up when one of my mates plays games through Origin or Uplay and then has to wait while it updates or whatever it's doing and then starts raging at that, so funny!
Old 09 November 2013, 16:40   #38
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
I don't bother with multiplayer
Well, you don't exactly have a choice without Steam, most games use it these days.

Quote:
but you still need all the bloat to load and play!
No, I don't.
All my favorite multiplayer games are Steam-only.
The only other game I played with a buddy was Dead Space 3 on Origin. It sucked, we spent a couple of hours fixing a few problems, but after that finished the game in a few days without a single problem.
Old 09 November 2013, 18:45   #39
TCD
Global Moderator

The Humble Bundle also doesn't require Linux versions anymore and the 1$ minimum isn't 'pay what you want' either. It's business. You can get good games for little money if you accept the conditions or you leave it I'm just saying that there still are bundles that you get DRM free and provide you with a lot of legal gaming goodness for a low price *and* don't require to sell your soul to an evil organisation [tm]
Old 09 November 2013, 23:23   #40
jmmijo

Quote:
I agree with you on EADM/Origin and Uplay etc...

I personally love GOG but they do not take my CC any longer due to their processor and no I don't use Scampal either, so this limits my purchase path to Steam only and the occasional disc based game I may come across at Fleamarkets, Garage Sales etc...

Also note that many older games being sold on Steam now do not actually require Steam be running, you can run it directly from the install folder or via a shortcut.

So really you are just using Steam as a digital download estore and no reason you have to run Steam automatically either.

But I think your bloat argument is pretty thin now a days with the power of most desktop PC's you can easily have tons of CPU power along with up to 32GB of ram on the motherboard, it is pretty cheap
AdSense AdSense