English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 24 December 2011, 21:49   #61
Dreedo

Me and my cousin bought skydrift a week or so ago.

It's quite fun, the only problem is that the online mode isn't very active, usually find a 3 or 4 player game running however.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 January 2012, 15:20   #62
s2325
Zone Friend

Indiana Jones and The Pasage of Saints http://plnehry.idnes.cz/indiana-jone...-adventury_haj

Old 29 May 2012, 21:51   #63
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Been playing Bastion, although I'm not really sure I can call that an indie game as it is published by Warner Brothers :/

In any case the game is pretty sweet. Its a basic action hack & slash adventure deal that rivals Diablo in its simplicity and with even less customization, but it has one quite unique feature that keeps it from getting repetitive: the entire thing is narrated, start to finish. Its like you are really playing out the story from a book.

[ Show youtube player ]

And as you can see the graphics are really well drawn. Even with the pick up and play style, its far from a game for the casual crowd; the fights get pretty tough and you can't win it by just mashing the attack button.
Old 30 May 2012, 00:12   #64
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Been playing Bastion, although I'm not really sure I can call that an indie game as it is published by Warner Brothers :/

In any case the game is pretty sweet. Its a basic action hack & slash adventure deal that rivals Diablo in its simplicity and with even less customization, but it has one quite unique feature that keeps it from getting repetitive: the entire thing is narrated, start to finish. Its like you are really playing out the story from a book.

[ Show youtube player ]

And as you can see the graphics are really well drawn. Even with the pick up and play style, its far from a game for the casual crowd; the fights get pretty tough and you can't win it by just mashing the attack button.
I played the demo and truely I can't remember if I purchased it on a Steam sale or not

I think the term INDIE pertains to the developers and not the publisher per se'.

Although I can see where a true INDIE title is one that is both developed and published by the same
Old 03 June 2012, 17:42   #65
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Just finished Superbrothers: Swords and Sworceries EP.

Even though it is short, I can still highly recommend experiencing it as that is what it is: not a game but an audio-visual experience, best played with headphones on so you don't miss a single chord or whisper. For some reason I really had the idea the designers took me on an adventure to cure me of my need for stupid meaningless games, and they pretty much succeeded. I ache for more
Old 03 June 2012, 21:30   #66
jmmijo

Quote:
Just finished Superbrothers: Swords and Sworceries EP.

Even though it is short, I can still highly recommend experiencing it as that is what it is: not a game but an audio-visual experience, best played with headphones on so you don't miss a single chord or whisper. For some reason I really had the idea the designers took me on an adventure to cure me of my need for stupid meaningless games, and they pretty much succeeded. I ache for more
I picked up some other INDIE titles that I didn't have like the Penny Arcade Adventures.

Also picked up the DLC for Zombie Driver.
Old 04 June 2012, 12:45   #67
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Since Trine 2 is here I'm going to give Trine 1 another playthrough; the last time I enjoyed it but it couldn't hold my interest long enough to even get halfway through it; there's just too much good stuff floating around to devote enough time to actually finish something
Old 07 June 2012, 02:56   #68
EreWeGo

Project Zomboid - one of my best purchases in a long time:
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Your payment basically gives you access to the Alpha, but I've had tons of fun with this one. The "official" build on Desura isn't actually the latest, there are links in the forums to some Test builds with heaps of new features. They're also only days/weeks away from a big update...
Old 07 June 2012, 10:58   #69
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

He, a Left for Dead demake Looks cool!
Old 12 July 2012, 14:36   #70
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

The fact that a new Amnesia game is pending had passed right by me until a moment ago.

[ Show youtube player ]

Together with Limbo its really the best indie game I've played so far - if you measure by how much of a lasting impact the game made on me. In fact, I think its time for a revisit to that epic nightmare...

Why oh why isn't Fez coming to the PC yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fez_%28video_game%29

That's one game I -really- want to play.
Old 16 July 2012, 12:42   #71
Dreedo

Been playing Audiosurf, Frozen Synapse and Cubemen, all fairly interesting games.

Definitely worth picking up Audiosurf for 1.50 in the Steam sale if you haven't already, especially if you're into music.
Old 26 July 2012, 01:26   #72
EreWeGo

This one isn't out yet, but looks pretty cool for some Zombie-survival-crafting-RPG type game!

http://www.zombox.net/

(Still playing Project Zomboid too - they're looking at using "Steam GreenLight" when it starts, so hopefully will see it on Steam in the not-too-far future!)
Old 01 August 2012, 10:25   #73
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I've been playing the Binding of Isaac. The game is really, really weird and disturbing in a humorous way... and it is so addictive. It keeps kicking my ass but everytime it kicks my ass I still unlocked or discovered something new. Each playthrough is different too - different levels, different powerups, different enemies, different bosses...

Really a great little game!
Old 06 August 2012, 14:20   #74
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Also been playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit. Did I say playing? I mean I'm totally hooked. Think old school Wasteland and Ultima and you're close.

A nice open world in which you are free to go wherever you please right from the beginning - of course you're likely going to end up in a troll sandwich if you go to the wrong place too early on in your career Secret chambers, piles of loot, huge and tough enemies, tons of spells stats and skills (which can be upgraded), a very simple user interface, a humorous tone and plenty of side quests - which unfortunately tend to be of the "kill this", "bring this there" or "find me this" type but what the game gives back is that you're usually on your own as to where to actually go do all that, it requires adventuring.

Because that's best of all: no bright red arrows pointing you where to go - you're on your own (after the obligatory tutorial dungeon). If you pay a little attention, the NPCs provide plenty of hints for you to figure out what you need to do, but it is never bluntly told "go there and there".

This game has it all and its a dream for my aching RPG heart. Absolutely love it.
Old 08 August 2012, 02:21   #75
jmmijo

I picked up the Avenum series too, looks like fun, just started them up to see what it was all about and will have another go around for sure.
Old 08 August 2012, 07:44   #76
lilalurl
T32

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
I picked up the Avenum series too, looks like fun, just started them up to see what it was all about and will have another go around for sure.

Hmmm, Avenum looks really fun if you are into IT consulting jargon, but even with Google translate I find it a bit difficult to understand:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CFcQ7gEwAA

On the other hand, if you are talking about AveRnum, then it is a different story.

As a punishment for mispelling the game name, your next 1000 posts should all be lipograms avoiding R.

Well I don't have time to discuss this much, I've got to go. I want to play Supe Maio Kat, a bit of Baldu's Gate and Ock 'n' Oll Acing ..
Old 08 August 2012, 09:55   #77
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Hmmm, Avenum looks really fun if you are into IT consulting jargon, but even with Google translate I find it a bit difficult to understand:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CFcQ7gEwAA

On the other hand, if you are talking about AveRnum, then it is a different story.

As a punishment for mispelling the game name, your next 1000 posts should all be lipograms avoiding R.

Well I don't have time to discuss this much, I've got to go. I want to play Supe Maio Kat, a bit of Baldu's Gate and Ock 'n' Oll Acing ..

Well now, I suppose I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle

It's that damn cockney accent of mine and the accute earing to go with it...
Old 08 August 2012, 22:49   #78
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Ugh, a 50 year old guy with an *earring*. You also have a motorcycle, right?

Old 09 August 2012, 06:13   #79
jmmijo

Quote:
Ugh, a 50 year old guy with an *earring*. You also have a motorcycle, right?

Yeppers, here is a screenshot of me trying to ride down the street

Old 23 August 2012, 17:02   #80
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

http://www.parsecproductions.net/slender/

Slender - a free horror game which I find quite original in its unusual simplicity. The concept: you're dumped into a dark forest with nothing more than a flashlight and its your task to find 8 pages of text that are scattered around. Only you're not alone in the forest... something is hunting you and its very good at staying there where you don't see it so easily...

I repeat - its free!

[ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense