English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 11 February 2010, 23:42   #1
prowler
Global Moderator

OT Moderators' Announcement

The OT moderators, DemonHellraiser and prowler, wish to express our thanks and congratulations to EAB members on creating a varied and interesting set of topics for discussion in these forums during the four months since we were appointed. A group of members recently collaborating on the EAB Gaming Server was particularly successful.

It has been a pleasure to see how the forums have developed since their reorganization and the increasing number of members who are becoming regularly involved. We'd like to ensure that OT remains an enlightening and entertaining section of EAB and that everyone (remember: membership of this board includes children as well) has the opportunity to build on that achievement.

With this in mind, we would like to point out that we have no objection to good, clean fun, but there are still indications that some members wish to participate in discussion of topics which were thought to have been eradicated when the OT-Stupidity forum was closed, and those threads affected have been and will be moderated accordingly.

Other subjects that have arisen, but which are not considered suitable for general discussion here include moderation ethos, sexual perversion and positive aspects of piracy.

Unresolved argument and the use of gratuitous innuendo of a kind which is desrespectful or alludes to sexual orientation will always be removed if it escalates to the point where it diverts the thread from the topic under discussion. Thoughts of a more personal nature should be confined to PMs.

Finally, it has to be said that the good aspects of the OT forums have by far outweighed the bad in these last four months, so we would like to say a huge "Well Done!" to everyone who has participated.

Demonhellraiser and prowler

Last edited by prowler; 19 November 2013 at 22:36. Reason: Updated our avatars.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 12 February 2010, 10:37   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

okay okay, I'll drop the cross-dressing jokes.
Old 12 February 2010, 11:26   #3
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Happy

The EAB massive, which includes a varied selection of cross-dressers & sexually perverted individuals (both in hardware and software), wish to express our thanks and congratulations to EAB moderators on annoucing that Gimbal will be reformed using the latest psychological methods to curb his cross dressing fetish.

It has been a pleasure to see him wearing a dress and the forums have developed since their reorganization and the increasing number of members who are becoming regularly involved. We'd like to ensure that OT remains an enlightening and entertaining section of EAB and that everyone has the opportunity to build on that achievement of causing mayhem (ok I'm joking!)

With this in mind, we would like to point out that we have no objection to moderation. Anyone who discusses the Atari ST for instance should be nuked on sight.

Perverted thoughts of a more personal nature should be confined to your partner or Gimbal.

The EAB collective.
Old 12 February 2010, 12:39   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

is it still allowed to express love for a fellow forum member? If so: Paul_s, you are too kind
Old 12 February 2010, 16:17   #5
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
so if I was to ask what the moderation ethos of this fourm is I`d me shot down in flames ??
Old 12 February 2010, 23:05   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
so if I was to ask what the moderation ethos of this fourm is I`d me shot down in flames ??
No, you'd just be referred here and then back here.

@gimbal and paul_s:
Your posts will be allowed to stand for a while to give everyone a chance to see them, and then they will be deleted to prevent this thread becoming bloated.

Last edited by prowler; 12 February 2010 at 23:10.
Old 13 February 2010, 14:59   #7
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It will not become bloated, most of the people who could cause bloat are already scared away and/or banned. Leave Paul_s and me alone, we're a dying breed of tongue-in-cheek posters that actually obey the rules in stead of harping on about it.
Old 13 February 2010, 17:15   #8
skateblind
Village Idiot

Some people just love to argue the point. :/
Old 13 February 2010, 17:25   #9
deadsealrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateblind View Post
Some people just love to argue the point. :/
some peoples love to lick mods asses
kill seals kill and putin forever

xoen elite the cunt stop bitchin

Old 13 February 2010, 17:42   #10
skateblind
Village Idiot

Like a moth to a flame.
Old 13 February 2010, 18:11   #11
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Burnt by desire.
Old 13 February 2010, 20:09   #12
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
just playing devil`s advocate but how are we sposed to find out if your morals are ok if we cannot talk about them ?

I personally get a tingly feeling when the mods all close ranks and we arn`t allowed to talk about them
Old 15 February 2010, 01:57   #13
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

What the hell has happened to EAB
Old 15 February 2010, 10:17   #14
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_AKA View Post
What the hell has happened to EAB
that's whay Dizzy thought too, and he ain't coming back this time
Old 03 June 2010, 02:33   #15
Smiley
Amiga-less!

To be honest, all the posts concerning sexual orientation were becoming a little too much. Obviously it was intended as light hearted humour but I find it hard to believe people of 30+ years of age were constantly posting images of transgendered peoples trying to make some crap jokes about them and others.

It was infantile, pointless, humourless and possibly insulting to certain people. Then when moderators stepped in to clean it all up, members of the forum cried and wailed like babies. It is strange to think these are adult men with families etc.

I really didn't see the appeal of it all. Thanks to the mods for creating a normal OT section
Old 03 June 2010, 14:49   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Adults are allowed to be light minded, giddy and infantile. There is a place for everyone in this world, you shouldn't be put into a cubicle because of what you do, believe or how you behave. In fact it is quite the opposite of adult behavior to do so, IMO. It is more the realm of teens.
Old 03 June 2010, 15:08   #17
Nostalgeek
OT Whore

While I can agree it may have been "too much" at times, I'm with Gimby, grown-ups should be able to let other people enjoy their way of having fun without feeling the need to judge them. There was an OT-Stupidity section, the name said it all, but people felt the need to impose their own definition of stupidity to the people that actually enjoyed that area of the board.

The conclusion of this whole situation for me is:

- Loss of many interesting, friendly and funny members
- An OT section that is basically dead compared to what it used to be. Not even 1/10th the activity, nor 1/10th the fun.

But hey, let's not make this start all over again. Some mods did what they thought they had to do, some people that didn't agree left, and some other stayed and accepted the new deal, and I'm one of them.
Old 03 June 2010, 15:16   #18
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

What annoyed me more was that one small group of individuals decided what was best for all of the EAB. That was more offensive than anything that was ever posted in OTS.
Old 03 June 2010, 15:21   #19
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

The moderators decided what was best for EAB.

It's what they do.
Old 03 June 2010, 15:47   #20
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
It's what they do.
Do you mean :
It's what they do best ?
I would go with :
They did as well as they could, with a not so perfect timing may be, but hey, now that it's done...
AdSense AdSense